Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
HI all,
getting ready for a road trip,what's the best way to control/minimise bug splatter without wrapping the whole care in clingwrap or painters tape.
Pls help.
Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I use polish Angel spray wax pretty regularly, seriously my cars can be covered in crap and it just washes off in the rain. Have a great trip, I found on a decent run in mine recently that it gets fantastic fuel economy on the open road, I'd be guessing around 10l/100km absolute maximum

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Peter,i'll look it up!! it will be interesting to see how the fuel economy goes
this is the first road trip for this Stang.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have these for my Falcon's -

Products | Car Bra Australia

IMG-0709-2.jpg

Otherwise, ensure your wax/sealant/coating is in great shape so that bugs are easier to remove afterwards, even if it's just a top-up on the front facing surfaces with a Si02 based spray coating, happy to point you in the right direction if needed. Also attend to them as soon as possible, once the enzymes from the bugs dry/set, they are harder to remove and may also etch into your clearcoat. Even if you blast them off between stops for the day. Bug removers are also a good investment.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
This ^.

I use Bowden's Fully Slick and just spray it on without wiping off. Bugs come off very easily and you can carry waterless wash, spray and a bucket/bug cloth/microfiber in the boot.

or

This:

https://www.novistretch.com/products/6th-gen-mustang-front-end-cover-mask

I've got one plus the ones for mirrors, they've been excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to get them again. Keeps bugs from getting onto paintwork and into the radiator etc. They're easy to fit and remove, stay tight so there's no flapping about at 100kh/h and are washable at the end of the trip which I like as dirt and bugs don't get embedded. They're also very easy to fold up and store. The only very minor issue is that you need to make tiny holes to accommodate number plates but mine are 4 years old and haven't frayed.

Bugs don't get through but I use Fully Slick as described anyway so that any traces come off easily.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I like the idea of the Novistretch,but unfortunetly ive left it to late to get one as i leave tomorrow,
i'll order one when i get back. I did spend yesterday putting a couple of layers of Bowdens Lazy wax down then topping it off with 2 coates of Bowdens Fully slick over the top, the Stang is ceramic coated as well.
I'll take your advice and spray some on without wiping it off,ive got 8 liters of demineralised water onboard with some Bowdens nanolicious in case i need to give the front end a bath when i get there.
Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I have these for my Falcon's -

Products | Car Bra Australia

IMG-0709-2.jpg

Otherwise, ensure your wax/sealant/coating is in great shape so that bugs are easier to remove afterwards, even if it's just a top-up on the front facing surfaces with a Si02 based spray coating, happy to point you in the right direction if needed. Also attend to them as soon as possible, once the enzymes from the bugs dry/set, they are harder to remove and may also etch into your clearcoat. Even if you blast them off between stops for the day. Bug removers are also a good investment.
Wow The Falcon looks awesome DBF5.0.:like:
Sponsored