2021 Mustang GT Premium

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
So, pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the purpose of this package?
Stock suspension is designed to have play in it so your ride stays comfortable,they also have to stay within mass market appeal. These packages take the travel out. This means when you mash the gas your car squats and goes instead of the rear end moving back and causing wheel hop. The key to doing this and not adding significant nvh is in the bushings, they are firmer than stock but not totally solid.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks!
What's nvh?
Should I get it with the optional rear lower control arm?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I installed them with my bmr set up, i will say they are a massive pain in the ass so if you have any ambition to do it you should do it while you have everything taken apart. They are replacement bushings for the lca, not a new lca. So you will have to press out the old and press in the new.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I installed them with my bmr set up, i will say they are a massive pain in the ass so if you have any ambition to do it you should do it while you have everything taken apart. They are replacement bushings for the lca, not a new lca. So you will have to press out the old and press in the new.
Man, what you just said is way above my head. I'm having a suspension guy install everything.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Man, what you just said is way above my head. I'm having a suspension guy install everything.
Buy once, cry once. Get them and be better off.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't fix what isn't broken. Drive the car first and fix what needs to be fixed. Don't just throw random parts at things.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got plenty of BMR parts and no additional noise at all.
I’d like to see your car one day lol. I do travel Austin once a week at least.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys, looking to get a supercharger kit and also trying to price out supporting mods. I’m 18 and so funds aren’t very readily available, but I’m working towards it. On track to get my SC kit this summer.

Anyways, the car is a manual 17 GT base model. It’s my daily, I am mainly looking for fun/cool sound/something good for the street. As of right now, I’m thinking about a whipple stage 2, but what are y’all’s opinions? I like the whipples and the idea of the power down low since the car is my daily, but I’m also not opposed to something like a Paxton, as I would like to install the kit myself and learn more about how they work throughout the process. Also the centris sound so cool, however I suppose the PD superchargers do as well haha. Any insight here would be greatly appreciated! I’d like to keep the cost of the supercharger kit at 7.5k or below.

For supporting mods, I’m thinking about some BMR suspension upgrades, as well as a new clutch and a pair of NT555 R2 tires for the rear end. I already have NT555 G2’s on a staggered setup, so I think the NT555 R2’s would be a good match for what I already have and also adequate street ability and traction. With this setup, I’m thinking maybe 650hp (?) (only supporting mods are borla atak catback and cat delete), would I need to upgrade my half shafts and driveshaft? I’m not looking to do any hard launches, so would the stock HS/DS be okay? Would I need to get OPG/CS?

Thank you everyone for your input.
Young man, I’m not your daddy and I’m not going to be. It’s your money and blow it like there’s no tomorrow.
The advice they’re giving you are absolutely amazing and will absolutely save you a bunch of greens and headaches.

Get a supercharger that you want, throw some bmr suspensions and you NEED stickier tires for starter. Don’t forget a tune as well. Good luck young badass!
Sponsored