gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
did the motor blow or just building a motor on the side?
Yeah she popped... was showing off for a friend.. turned it up to 15psi --which would have probably been fine by itself--but didnt realize i was under 1/4 tank of fuel. Looks like it went lean and #3 piston exploded taking out most of the motor with it.

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
You sleeve the block? Just curious how the plasma bore is working for people. My gen2 lasted almost 4years on e85 and 18psi and into the 8’s. Im building a gen3 block with the plasma bore, sleeving is expensive as if these parts weren't enough!

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Good question and No. I am not going to sleeve. The block as it is, should be good for 1000whp or so which is pretty much my limit any way.

I bought Mahle drop in Gen 3 forged pistons, Manley H Tuffs, brand new crank ($275.. a steal!) and fresh set of heads.

Coyote stuff is cheap as hell luckily! I dont even have $5k into this build and almost the entire longblock will be new and forged.

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Good question and No. I am not going to sleeve. The block as it is, should be good for 1000whp or so which is pretty much my limit any way.

I bought Mahle drop in Gen 3 forged pistons, Manley H Tuffs, brand new crank ($275.. a steal!) and fresh set of heads.

Coyote stuff is cheap as hell luckily! I dont even have $5k into this build and almost the entire longblock will be new and forged.
Did you balance it or you winging it ? I see the regular h beams with arp2000 bolts say 750+ and manley told me they would support 1000 no problem and the weight is within 4 grams of stock rods. So mahle pistons and h beam rods shouldn't need any weight added to the crank.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Did you balance it or you winging it ? I see the regular h beams with arp2000 bolts say 750+ and manley told me they would support 1000 no problem and the weight is within 4 grams of stock rods. So mahle pistons and h beam rods shouldn't need any weight added to the crank.
Yes.. my set up needs balancing.

The standard Manley rods and the Mahle forged pistons you could probably get away with not balancing. The Mahle pistons are almost exactly the same weight as the stock hypers.

Fallen1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Would it make it easier if I use oil-less turbos from Comp ?
I have a comp oiless turbo and was thinking of doing this & also saw that the CX we side saying to use oiless

also other question,do you have anymore more pics on how you repositioned the WG to clear?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Would it make it easier if I use oil-less turbos from Comp ?
I have a comp oiless turbo and was thinking of doing this & also saw that the CX we side saying to use oiless

also other question,do you have anymore more pics on how you repositioned the WG to clear?

oil-less turbos would definitely make things easier! You'd be able to eliminate the whole oiling assembly, but i think you'd have to run water lines? Im not an expert on the comp turbos.

Fallen1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Comp makes "air cooled" turbos, no oil or water required.
yeah I’m just not sure how well they’ll cool down under the car with no water & little air going through

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
yeah I’m just not sure how well they’ll cool down under the car with no water & little air going through
in that case you could go with the "water cooled" only version.
I actually haven't seen too many guys run them on track or street for that matter.

Fallen1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
in that case you could go with the "water cooled" only version.
I actually haven't seen too many guys run them on track or street for that matter.
Yeah I’m gonna go with the water cooled ones , a buddy of mine has an LPF Kit & runs the Oil-less & water cooled turbos at the track constantly so I think they’ll do good
Only hassle is having to lubricate them every 3k miles but since the car won’t be a daily I think it’ll be less of a problem for me

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah I’m gonna go with the water cooled ones , a buddy of mine has an LPF Kit & runs the Oil-less & water cooled turbos at the track constantly so I think they’ll do good
Only hassle is having to lubricate them every 3k miles but since the car won’t be a daily I think it’ll be less of a problem for me
I was thinking what if they had a reservoir that you could use and the grease just melt down as needed.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Those turbos are a great idea but ive heard theyre pricey. Any idea what the going rate is these days for one of them?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
depends on the size, but i just priced a few 1800-2200 USD
Sponsored