gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Consider the aerospace drag brakes with dual calipers .
In my Hellion car wirh stock rear brakes I was only able to build 3 psi off the foot brake with the 2 step set at 3300.
With the double calipers I could hold the car with the brakes and 2 step set at 4000 rpm , building 6-7 psi .
I was sure it was going to do wonders for my 60 ft (previous best of high 1.4xx’s) .... but as you know damn car broke

If i could get 3 psi out of it i'd be stoked. I am able to get 2 psi in my driveway holding the e brake handle, so fingers crossed for 3 psi at a the track where it's sticky.

A 1.4xx 60 foot would put me deep into the 9s LOL. I could only wish for that short time. Our local track prep is garbage.
Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
awesome...that car is moving!!!!

How was the track Saturday?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
awesome...that car is moving!!!!

How was the track Saturday?
Actually not bad considering all the rain prior. I was expecting many folks to meet the wall. Luckily it didnt happen.

You bought a Mustang eh? Turncoat!!

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
Actually not bad considering all the rain prior. I was expecting many folks to meet the wall. Luckily it didnt happen.

You bought a Mustang eh? Turncoat!!
lol....yep last week

I have owned a couple mustangs over the years so it's not my first rodeo. I like to keep it diversified :D:devil::flag:

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
lol....yep last week

I have owned a couple mustangs over the years so it's not my first rodeo. I like to keep it diversified :D:devil::flag:
That thing is HOT! You gonna give her a proper break in and bring it to the track tomorrow night?

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
That thing is HOT! You gonna give her a proper break in and bring it to the track tomorrow night?

No real plans to drag this one....still chasing better numbers with the G8. Needs some trans tuning and I need to order and install a line lock. I'm pretty sure the Baer 6 piston rears are hurting be in the burn out box and not allowing me to get MT's hot enough. I will be out soon enough but tomorrow is my son's 10th birthday so we have plans.

We all kind of know what that mustang will run and I don't have any plans to mod it for a while would like to get oput and run my friends 18 vette before he goes crazy just for fun...shoot I even bought an extended warranty for the first time in my life:D

Kevdon92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So would this kit bolt right up to a 2015 GT MT82? As in no fabrication required at all? (Minus the exhaust)

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
So would this kit bolt right up to a 2015 GT MT82? As in no fabrication required at all? (Minus the exhaust)
That's my understanding except your going to have to fab your own oiling and return system, Boost control system and any electric wiring. Its not a totally plug and play. The big parts are there but you have to provide the small stuff. For sure not for the faint of heart and will require wrenching and some creative skills.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Are you running restrictors in the oil feed lines?
Yes sir. They came with the turbos.

Correct. You’d need to make your own oiling system like I did or run oil-less turbos.

Biggest part for me by far was reworking the hot side to make it fit the auto. You wouldn’t have to deal with that.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

Correct. You’d need to make your own oiling system like I did or run oil-less turbos.

Biggest part for me by far was reworking the hot side to make it fit the auto. You wouldn’t have to deal with that.
Do you know what size they are?

Supercharged__5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
6r80 car will require similar mods as mine. The kit was designed around an MT82 car. Direct bolt on for MT82 cars, but not autos unfortunately. I have 0 exhaust leaks. The on3 kit on my 2014 Mustang had exhaust leaks for days that were a PITA to correct. I have found the CXR craftsmanship to be fine and acceptable. It is not show worthy like a FatFab or Armageddon kit, obviously.

Ground clearance is better than a Hellion top mount. There are no low-hanging pipes. Go through the thread.. i believe i have some pics of the low points.

+1.

You could also use the hairspray trick on the beads.... Ive had good luck with that in the past.
I had the same issue of spinning the tire on the rim, and I have heard hairspray works. I was skeptical so I used Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant and that has worked really well for me.

Kevdon92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Ah darn. I was hoping it would be essentially a bolt on kit after buying what was missing from the kit. I don’t really have the time nor experience to fabricate anything for an install unfortunately.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Do you know what size they are?
small? kidding.. .. sorry i sure dont.

I had the same issue of spinning the tire on the rim, and I have heard hairspray works. I was skeptical so I used Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant and that has worked really well for me.
ive also used high tack on my GT500 and it worked great.

Ah darn. I was hoping it would be essentially a bolt on kit after buying what was missing from the kit. I don’t really have the time nor experience to fabricate anything for an install unfortunately.
Use oil-less turbos and it's bolt on. They are pricey though.
Sponsored