Sponsored

Budget 2018 twin turbo GT build--Under $5k including fuel upgrades

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went with Pulsar G35-900 turbos. They are knock-offs of the Garrett G35-900.
My EFR supercores came fucked up on the turbine. Sent them back and told them fuck it, I'll cop some pulsars too lol - thinking 30-900 for quicker spool OR 35-1050 for a broader engagement.
Sponsored

cficare68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
My EFR supercores came fucked up on the turbine. Sent them back and told them fuck it, I'll cop some pulsars too lol - thinking 30-900 for quicker spool OR 35-1050 for a broader engagement.
I'm still in the tuning process but the g35 900s spool pretty quick and have a decent power band. I thought about the g35-1050 but utilmately went with 900 cause I thought they would all around would be a better turbo for what I was looking for.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm still in the tuning process but the g35 900s spool pretty quick and have a decent power band. I thought about the g35-1050 but utilmately went with 900 cause I thought they would all around would be a better turbo for what I was looking for.
did you do water cooling as well?
I'll probably do the 1050 because I have ported heads and I'm running a 9000 RPM capable engine. I will need more head room to prevent overspinning them.

cficare68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
did you do water cooling as well?
I'll probably do the 1050 because I have ported heads and I'm running a 9000 RPM capable engine. I will need more head room to prevent overspinning them.
Ah makes sense for you for sure. I'm still a factory engine with the top ring gapped to .020. Water I ran water to them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Update fellas.. all systems go. Turbo kit kicks ass and im still totally impressed.

I get a lot of PMs about the Marco pump im using to scavenge turbo oil. It is part number Marco M164-080-12 UP6 2.1gpm 12v for anyone interested. Helical cut gears so it's quiet and pumps oil like a champ. No complaints.

almost 4k miles on the built motor at this point... still dd'ing the car a few times a week!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I'm surprised they don't offer a Complete Kit. I for one do not like piecing together parts I think would work or possibly not work. They could easily offer one. JMTC

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yeah it would be great if they did. I sent them an email asking which turbos would be best to use with this kit (being that they recommend oiless comp turbos) & if the kit was in stock. All I got was a response to the comp turbo site. Not a size or type. I don't know anything when it comes down to turbos, nada, zip, zilch. I was trying to piece one together. Went back to looking at the ESS g2 kit

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it would be great if they did. I sent them an email asking which turbos would be best to use with this kit (being that they recommend oiless comp turbos) & if the kit was in stock. All I got was a response to the comp turbo site. Not a size or type. I don't know anything when it comes down to turbos, nada, zip, zilch. I was trying to piece one together. Went back to looking at the ESS g2 kit
Yep, I am still leaning towards a ESS System. Easy install and work very well.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yep, I am still leaning towards a ESS System. Easy install and work very well.
Well that's the 1 of 2 reasons I'm looking more on that. 1st is I don't know much about turbos, more like nothing. 2. I feel like the lower amount of torque a supercharger charger has as to compared to a turbo kit would allow my engine to last a bit longer. I can barely come up with the funds for a kit, definitely couldn't come up for the funds for a blown engine shortly after. But who knows, maybe they're all just lame excuses.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
No bad choices guys, to be honest. Those ESS kits seem like they're performing great.

This turbo kit I chose definitely requires one to have some decent mechanics and fabrication competency. Not a bolt on and go by any means.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
No bad choices guys, to be honest. Those ESS kits seem like they're performing great.

This turbo kit I chose definitely requires one to have some decent mechanics and fabrication competency. Not a bolt on and go by any means.
I know everytime I look at turbos, the price start around $7500 but when it's all said and done the final price is closer to 14k.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I know everytime I look at turbos, the price start around $7500 but when it's all said and done the final price is closer to 14k.
Yep, its expensive to have people do your dirty work for you lol.

I don't have anywhere near $14k into my entire set up including my forged motor.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Install yourself and you can keep it under 10k no problem. I had beefcake put a hellion package together with fueling and full borla exhaust for about 9.5k.
Sponsored