Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
CFTP and replica wing owners rejoice, you now have a way to add security hardware to the mounts to reduce the likelihood someone can walk up and steal your wing.

I did the legwork with a rep from Bryce to give us a discount and allow for a small order purchase. This discount is available until **April 30th** so don’t wait too long to place your order.

Those folks who’ve already used these say 25mm thread length is long enough for an OEM replacement. However please measure your current hardware to ensure you order the appropriate length as some aftermarket wing mounting tabs are not the same thickness as OEM.

You’ll need one bolt key and one nut key to install these. They are not included and will need to be added to your order. You CANNOT buy these keys on the open market.

For those with Archetype Racing Hyperion mounts I’m waiting to hear back about a countersunk screw for us to use. Stand by for that info.

For details on these screws and nuts see www.brycefastener.com

Order link is:
https://securityscrewkits.myshopify.com/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
May I suggest you use these for the nuts as added measure. I suggested these Fasteners couple of years ago, they work great, and these washers add to the security:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SVD32ZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The nuts are the same shape as that washer so it seems redundant. There’s very minor flat lands on the side of the Bryce nuts, it would be near impossible to grip them with a vice grip or other wrench.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm.... 25mm for stock setup? Even if I want to reuse the stock washer that has the rubber?

Also, you are saying the key does not come with either, even when you buy a 10 pack?

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
The nuts are the same shape as that washer so it seems redundant. There’s very minor flat lands on the side of the Bryce nuts, it would be near impossible to grip them with a vice grip or other wrench.
I think you will want to check my pictures and understand where these go (Mis-typed in my last post meant screws, you'll understand why now):

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cftp-spoiler-anti-theft-bolts.154003/post-3602509

Also here is a picture of all the hardware you need (doing this by memory):

The far left is 30mm screws (they do not come smaller if you want to make it look like the oem screws that hold the wing to the brackets) you will have to file them down as I did to make harder to unscrew, this is where the washer comes into play @Evolvd.

Next is The 20mm screws used to mount the dog bones you only need 4.

Next is the Nuts, which is obvious.

Next is 25mm screws, this you only need two of which is for the reusable screw hole/Pilot hole that is used by both wings, and where the washer goes that comes with the dog bones.

No one seemed interested when I posted this in July of last year LOL.

@Jmeo If memory serves me right no the keys do not come with them, in my setup I had 3 keys because the screws on the far left (without bags) uses a different key. And the most expensive key is the one for the nut.

2023-03-30 20.13.44.jpg

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you will want to check my pictures and understand where these go (Mis-typed in my last post meant screws, you'll understand why now):

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cftp-spoiler-anti-theft-bolts.154003/post-3602509

The far left is 30mm screws (they do not come smaller if you want to make it look like the oem screws that hold the wing to the brackets) you will have to file them down as I did to make harder to unscrew, this is where the washer comes into play @Evolvd.

Next is 25mm screws, this you only need two of which is for the reusable screw hole/Pilot hole that is used by both wings, and where the washer goes that comes with the dog bones.

@Jmeo If memory serves me right no the keys do not come with them, in my setup I had 3 keys because the screws on the far left (without bags) uses a different key. And the most expensive key is the one for the nut.

2023-03-30 20.13.44.jpg
Question, why could you not just use the 25 mm screw on all four holes? This would have prevented cutting them and using the washer?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Question, why could you not just use the 25 mm screw on all four holes? This would have prevented cutting them and using the washer?
Which 4 holes Jamie? Dog bone holes or the wing being held into the bracket?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Wing to strut brackets
I wanted to have the same screws like the oem, and not the bulk head screws. And the screws i used only come as 30mm and I had to file them down anyway as i did not want them sticking out over the nut to grab hold of.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to have the same screws like the oem, and not the bulk head screws. And the screws i used only come as 30mm and I had to file them down anyway as i did not want them sticking out over the nut to grab hold of.
OK that makes sense, I get what you were after now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

2023-03-30 20.13.44.jpg
Yeah I’m still not following your logic. The bolt heads have no flat areas for a vice grip to grab onto just as the nuts don’t. The screws come in 25mm lengths which is perfect for swapping out the OEM hardware and doesn’t leave any exposed threads on the other end. Did you look at the link?

The screws and nuts in this group buy are intended for the wing to mount connection. It’s pointless to replace the dogbone ones cause if the thieves get my trunk open I have a helluva lot more to worry about than my wing. But, the same screws can be used for the mounts too if wanted. I see no use whatsoever for the conical washers.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I’m still not following your logic. The bolt heads have no flat areas for a vice grip to grab onto just as the nuts don’t. The screws come in 25mm lengths which is perfect for swapping out the OEM hardware and doesn’t leave any exposed threads on the other end. Did you look at the link?

The screws and nuts in this group buy are intended for the wing to mount connection. It’s pointless to replace the dogbone ones cause if the thieves get my trunk open I have a helluva lot more to worry about than my wing. But, the same screws can be used for the mounts too if wanted. I see no use whatsoever for the conical washers.
Yes I have, they have grouped Bulk Heads/ Button Head which is the rounded heads, and yes it can be clamped (Ask me how I know this :) ) I went in the direction of Socket Head so to keep the OEM look (The OEM screws for the wing were Socket Heads, and the rest were button heads) Thats why I used the washers to avoid being able to clamp the sockets and this way the even IF you could clamp the penta nut, you CANNOT grab the screw head and grabbing the washer will only spin the screw without loosening it, think about it you would have to grab both parts of the connection, screw and nut to loosen it, but if you grab the washer and the nut there is not way to loosen it as the unit will spin without loosening. I guess until you put it on you wont see what I mean.

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
CFTP and replica wing owners rejoice, you now have a way to add security hardware to the mounts to reduce the likelihood someone can walk up and steal your wing.

I did the legwork with a rep from Bryce to give us a discount and allow for a small order purchase. This discount is available until **April 30th** so don’t wait too long to place your order.

Those folks who’ve already used these say 25mm thread length is long enough for an OEM replacement. However please measure your current hardware to ensure you order the appropriate length as some aftermarket wing mounting tabs are not the same thickness as OEM.

You’ll need one bolt key and one nut key to install these. They are not included and will need to be added to your order. You CANNOT buy these keys on the open market.

For those with Archetype Racing Hyperion mounts I’m waiting to hear back about a countersunk screw for us to use. Stand by for that info.

Order link is:
Thanks for organizing this. I've been meaning to get some security fasteners on my wing for quite a while now but kept putting it off.

I put my order in today at the shopify link and am also going to implement the cone washers recommended by @AngelDeath .

Cheers :rockon:

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP

Order link is:
Am I correct in saying these won’t work with the Archetype Racing verticals? They needed the longer 30mm right? Are they going to do a longer one or is that a no go?
Sponsored