Sponsored

Broken CF drive shaft (DSS) I8 GT

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seen alot of these dss carbon fiber ds’s breaking .. do yourself a favor get a g- force and call it day..
Agreed 100% on the DSS shafts.
After searching and searching, across platforms, I can only find a couple of failures with the QA1 shaft. Found that info on a Hellcat forum. One guy killed two of them and another guy had one die. In both cases it was the epoxy at the joint where the CF meets alloy that failed Eg. The actual CF was completely unharmed.
QA1 replaced them without issue AND extended the warranty for all of the shafts already sold to two years.
The theory was that they had a bad batch of glue.... I can’t comment either way on that but neither owner had future problems.
Meanwhile, another guy reported 100s of passes with 1.3 60’ times. He also killed 3 or 4 diffs in the process.
I’d love to hear from anyone that has broken the QA1 shaft or heard of such a thing happening.
Cheers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Ended up with a QA1 .
No problems since, at least with the DS,Lol
Nothing better than 1.5x 60’s though but that’s not the DS ‘s fault .

DSS did send me a chromoly to replace theirs at my request. I Ike keeping spare stuff !

Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
Note I had run drag radials previously but wanted to see how the car would do with slicks since it was spinning the 1-2 shift . I expected the slicks to be easier on the drive train and safe some weight.
I had a 97 Mustang Cobra that I considered putting drag radials on but veered away from it. I started reading the negative results of reverse momentum from the tires through the drive train and destroying differentials and everything in between. This was my semi DD and a street car. I sure hated getting smoked by a Grand National because I couldn't get any traction.
Sponsored