Sponsored

Bright Color Help ? ? ? ? to CFTP or NOT ? ? ? ? Love your input and Photos. --------------

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think I have lined up a CFTP at MSRP. My fear in I'm a bigger guy and the Recaro Seats no being as comfortable.

Also I will be driving it daily. A little fearful on the Carbon Wheels.

It would just be super cool having a CFTP Car and it's hard to pass up on a MSRP Track pack deal.

Now for Color Picks. I would like something that pops and is eye catching. My past cars were grabber orange and grabber blue.

I think my pick has come down to

Twister orange. --I had a Grabber Orange
Or
V.Blue Seems to pop and be a bright color.
Or
maybe Race red.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think I have lined up a CFTP at MSRP. My fear in I'm a bigger guy and the Recaro Seats no being as comfortable.

It would just be super cool having a CFTP Car and it's hard to pass up on a MSRP Track pack deal.

Now for Color Picks. I would like something that pops and is eye catching. My past cars were grabber orange and grabber blue.

Or
Or
maybe Race red.
Buy it and replace the seats. Keep the old ones for future sale. Easy peasy, now go buy the car

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Out of your choices, I like Twister Orange. Although you don't see a lot of race red running around.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500

Or
Or
maybe Race red.

I have a CFTP and I traded the seats for the SPORT SEATS straight across, and sold the CF wheels & tires, and bought some Signature 20 x 12 wheels and 325 R 20 R888R tires all the way around!!!

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I have a CFTP and I traded the seats for the SPORT SEATS straight across, and sold the CF wheels & tires, and bought some Signature 20 x 12 wheels and 325 R 20 R888R tires all the way around!!!
I bet that looks pretty tough!!

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
If you plan on keeping the car long term then just get sport seats. You will appreciate them if you drive daily. Esp if you are in a warm climate. Love me some cooled seat action.

If you plan to drive, enjoy, and trade then maybe go with recaros, do the swap, and keep original seats stored away and pretty for next owner. Recaros seem to be the more desirable option. Original equipment will increase resale.

As for color, I'm curious to see what they add for 2022. I have velocity. From a distance it just looks like a blue car. Up close the metallic and pearl effect in sun is really nice.

Twister is def in your face. Though I didn't like it as much as I thought I would once seing it in person. But still an attention getter and great color. Esp with black roof!

Race red also is an eye catcher. I've owned several red cars and was kinda tired of red when I ordered the shelby. But there is a race red 350 in town and MAN It immediately catches my eye everytime I see it. Again black roof really sets it off! As it does any bright color!

Heard a rumor that grabber blue may return next year. If so, that would 100% be my pick if you want bright! Always loved that color!

As for wheels, I would def not run them as a daily. Unless your roads are meticulously maintained. One little scuff will ruin your year! One pothole will ruin you bank account!

Good luck and congrats on whatever you choose.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Don't sell your CF wheels

Just dont

Sponsored
OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi p4mnceblue82
Does it seem like the Velocity Blue seem like a big eye catcher? I was thinking maybe with white stripes and side stripes.

i have a grabber blue now and Love it. Stripes are a must on it.

D6CCF5DE-66EA-4236-8C93-05603FDDBC77.jpeg
2FF3D65F-4FA0-4DA1-A7BE-F71927FD6CF8.jpeg
5513273B-0301-4CA1-90ED-30F1A4FAE34E.jpeg
5CAF0F7A-9D7A-4CDA-81FC-57021F365FCF.jpeg

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Hi p4mnceblue82
Does it seem like the Velocity Blue seem like a big eye catcher? I was thinking maybe with white stripes and side stripes.

i have a grabber blue now and Love it. Stripes are a must on it.

D6CCF5DE-66EA-4236-8C93-05603FDDBC77.jpeg
2FF3D65F-4FA0-4DA1-A7BE-F71927FD6CF8.jpeg
5513273B-0301-4CA1-90ED-30F1A4FAE34E.jpeg
5CAF0F7A-9D7A-4CDA-81FC-57021F365FCF.jpeg
It definately pops since it's on the brighter side. Esp with all the black accents.. But it just doesn't reach out and demand your attention like grabber does IMO.

I had a performance blue raptor. It was a great color buy it didnt jump out at you. Was just a really nice and interesting shade that changed under light conditions.

My wife was actually upset when I told her I got velocity. She is not a blue fan. She thought the performance was the "best" blue of the options.

But once I got the car and she saw it in person. She absolutely fell in love with it! I think she actually likes it more than me!

To me what really brings the velocity to life is the pearl effect and great metallic in the paint. Pictures do the color no justice. Velocity wasn't even on my radar until I went to a lot to see twister in person and they had a velocity gt350 with black roof in showroom. It immediately sealed the deal for me. But it's def a color you have to see on the mustang in person to appreciate.

As for stripes.... I think a white stripe would look good esp if you added a black or red pinstripe accent to the outside of each stripe. I almost added stripes to mine but after seeing her naked with no stripes and black roof. I couldn't have her any other way!

Last edited:
OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have seen a few V.Blue fusions driving on the road and the color seems bright. I would think with white stripes it would even pop more.

seems much brighter and pop more then performance blue.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP

Or
Or
maybe Race red.

MSRP CFTP, that sir is a unicorn. Well done
Sponsored