Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
They look great. How about a side shot of the entire car?

By the way, you need to shine up those tires a bit. They are looking a little dull. :giggle: :like:
There is a reason I didn't do a side shot. The who;e thing is filthy. We have been having our first snowfalls. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Did you see them take them off your car ? If they did disassemble them .your pads would not be painted ,can clearly see that in your pictures .not just the back but the front as well . I just hope that shop did not do you wrong.
You can't put a good powder coating on break calipers while still on the car. The car won't fit in the machine. You also need to remove all the seals and pistons. The seals need to be replaced during the reinstall. The brake paints start to wear and chip rather quickly. Never had them look good for more than a year. The powder coating is warrantied for 5 years...and it looks better. The "looks better" part is what made it worth it to me since I couldn't care less about it lasting 5 years since I will not have the car that long.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Brembo logo decal appears to be upside down from the usual orientation.

0016847_BREMBO-PERFORMANCE-BRAKE-CALIPERS-BLUE-Front-Left_320.jpeg
I was wondering the same thing. OP did you ask the shop to change the orientation of the brembo logo?

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The plot thickens.
So they are NOT painted ? They are powered coated ? Ok then if they took them apart why did they power coat the pads ?
Do you mean the rear calipers? I had them do that so they would look more balanced with the front ones. Since I will never be changing the brake pads. I will only probably put 5 to 6000 miles on this car before I traded in next year on my birthday. If you don’t do that the back ones just look too small compared to the front ones. They of course just painted the very back part of them that’s visible.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I was wondering the same thing. OP did you ask the shop to change the orientation of the brembo logo?
The only thing I told him about the stickers was that I didn’t care if they put any back on or not. It was included in the price but I would’ve actually been just as happy if they had just left them off completely.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Bought a spare set of rear calipers off eBay for $100, to paint and install at my leisure. Removing stock calipers from car to clean, prep, mask, prime and paint takes a lot of time to do correctly. Car is not drivable at this time either.
Results…

685FAA3F-EAB7-4B16-ABCD-59D0C39715FE.jpeg

7028FCF1-87C4-47C6-B72D-D6E00D2D6F95.jpeg

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Bought a spare set of rear calipers off eBay for $100, to paint and install at my leisure. Removing stock calipers from car to clean, prep, mask, prime and paint takes a lot of time to do correctly. Car is not drivable at this time either.
Results…

685FAA3F-EAB7-4B16-ABCD-59D0C39715FE.jpeg

7028FCF1-87C4-47C6-B72D-D6E00D2D6F95.jpeg
I like that idea. After you swap out your old un-painted calipers, paint them too and sell to off-set the cost of buying a second set of calipers.

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Looks neat.
Yet it annoys me that ford cheaped out on one piece rear calpipers on the Brembos.
But dont the GT450 have an additional caliper for the Parking brake?