Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Getting this done is a pretty big job, so it cost a little over $400. You basically have to completely rebuild the brakes afterwards. It took a few days.
So you are saying they actually took the calipers off and painted them front and back ? I find this hard to believe, because the pads should not be painted on the front or the back ,leads be to believe they did not take them off the car while they painted them.They overcharged you and had the mustang for a few days taking up your time .It does not look bad ,but does not look $400 good..Wish you were closer .I would have helped you do it .it's actually a fun easy process and project, Sorry I mean no disrespect ,as long as your happy with it and that shop offers to fix the paint when you have to change out the pads .

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
So you are saying they actually took the calipers off and painted them front and back ? I find this hard to believe, because the pads should not be painted on the front or the back ,leads be to believe they did not take them off the car while they painted them.They overcharged you and had the mustang for a few days taking up your time .It does not look bad ,but does not look $400 good..Wish you were closer .I would have helped you do it .it's actually a fun easy process and project, Sorry I mean no disrespect ,as long as your happy with it and that shop offers to fix the paint when you have to change out the pads .
Nope, to properly paint them you have to remove them. The simple tape off job some people do might look okay for awhile but having them properly coated and then having all the seals replaced is how professionals do it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Got the calipers on my GT painted bright blue to match the graphics. The people over at Wheelkraft NW in Vancouver did a great job.

calipers.jpg

0BA991A4-0017-4045-9974-E8532750C2C0.jpg
They look great. How about a side shot of the entire car?

By the way, you need to shine up those tires a bit. They are looking a little dull. :giggle: :like:

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. I did mine in red. Took them off. I don't think paint on the exposed part of the backing plate of the pad has anything to do with whether the caliper was removed or not. Might in fact indicate attention to detail.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Nope, to properly paint them you have to remove them. The simple tape off job some people do might look okay for awhile but having them properly coated and then having all the seals replaced is how professionals do it.
If they took everything apart, why are the pads painted?

JR

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Why not paint them? It's just the backing plate. Looks better painted.
I think the point is that OP is saying that things were disassembled to paint, which is to justify the $400 price. I'll bet that the rears were not disassembled, and they painted in place.

Also, you shouldn't paint the backing plate because the paint could cause sticking to the caliper, vibrations, improper contact between the caliper and the pad, etc, etc, etc.

JR

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Did you see them take them off your car ? If they did disassemble them .your pads would not be painted ,can clearly see that in your pictures .not just the back but the front as well . I just hope that shop did not do you wrong.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Did you see them take them off your car ? If they did disassemble them .your pads would not be painted ,can clearly see that in your pictures .not just the back but the front as well . I just hope that shop did not do you wrong.
Come on OD, let the guy enjoy his calipers and car. He is happy with the job he got and the price he paid. That's enough for me. Sorry but the constant questioning and second guessing on here is getting to me. Let's just enjoy our cars.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Come on OD, let the guy enjoy his calipers and car. He is happy with the job he got and the price he paid. That's enough for me. Sorry but the constant questioning and second guessing on here is getting to me. Let's just enjoy our cars.
Sorry it's getting to you? 😆 this a fourm discussion.
It's getting to me worse . it's part my ocd .And also I have have Probably painted over a 100 sets , many makes and models in my lifetime. So I know what I'm looking at
Hate to see any one get bent over or lied to. I like the color and his Theme car. I guess if your Dick Grayson and got Bruce Wayne's budget..price is no issue.

Last edited: