20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a front Brembo front brake kit in my 2020 Mustang GT. It included Brembo rotors. I had upgraded the rotors to PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors over a year before but took them off when I got the Brembo kit. So the question is: can I reinstall the PowerStop rotors still using the Brembo calipers etc? Dimensionally they look the same as the Brembo rotors.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
No, the original rotors you took off are 14" in diameter while the ones that came with the Brembos are 15". They are not interchangeable.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I installed a front Brembo front brake kit in my 2020 Mustang GT. It included Brembo rotors. I had upgraded the rotors to PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors over a year before but took them off when I got the Brembo kit. So the question is: can I reinstall the PowerStop rotors still using the Brembo calipers etc? Dimensionally they look the same as the Brembo rotors.
Is that the ford kit as used on pp1/bullit/pp2, etc?
Cross drilled rotors are not an upgrade but rather a downgrade

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Crap, they are 14" with the Brembo's at 15". Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Is that the ford kit as used on pp1/bullit/pp2, etc?
Cross drilled rotors are not an upgrade but rather a downgrade

Tell that to all the BMW M3s and Porsche 911s that run cross drilled rotors. Also the GT350s came with cross drilled rotors. You just may have to replace them more often if tracked. I would have no issues with the BAER Eradispeed cross drilled rotors on my car.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The factory rotors are reverse hat (can be called either way)and the Brembo rotors are standard hat rotors.

That is why the factor brakes cook. No air flow.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The factory rotors are reverse hat (can be called either way)and the Brembo rotors are standard hat rotors.

That is why the factor brakes cook. No air flow.
Pardon my ignorance but I don't know the difference between a reverse and a standard hat rotors. Got a diagram or photo please?

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not true since early 2022 thankfully.
Thank god they changed that. Can standard rotors be changed over without new calibers?

Pardon my ignorance but I don't know the difference between a reverse and a standard hat rotors. Got a diagram or photo please?
The base brakes (before 22) pull air from the front of the rotor on the wheel side. Brembos pull the air from the back. Brakes are just big fans. Base brakes cook because they can’t get clean air.
6FB87FCB-AF72-48C4-8C7A-0E47A3BED3C9.jpeg

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Tell that to all the BMW M3s and Porsche 911s that run cross drilled rotors. Also the GT350s came with cross drilled rotors. You just may have to replace them more often if tracked. I would have no issues with the BAER Eradispeed cross drilled rotors on my car.
European carmakers are not immune to fashion
A rotor that crack faster and more often than a plain or slotted rotor make it a downgrade in my book
Gt350 went to plain rotors
Bottom line drilled rotors are for look, not for performance

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
European carmakers are not immune to fashion
A rotor that crack faster and more often than a plain or slotted rotor make it a downgrade in my book
Gt350 went to plain rotors
Bottom line drilled rotors are for look, not for performance
Funny you mention that. I was messing with the BMW build and looking at the cross drilled rotors puking that the rotors are junk and the brake package is 8500... Full well knowing that those rotors are not awesome and probably noisy on top of it.
Sponsored