Brembo Brakes Feel

michaelveggies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
I did not upgrade the MC. Never had an issue with the pedal, was always rock solid.

Did you bleed them from the top and bottom? I used a vacuum bleeder and did them twice on each side. You really need to address all 4 bleed nipples on the Brembo calipers.
Yes, i bled the rear and the front calipers. i bled them in this order:
Rear Right, Rear Left, Front Right (inner, outter, inner again), Front Left (inner, outter, inner again).

I guess theres probably still some air in there somehow?
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
It was summer when I was getting used to the Bremos. I drove barefoot, and only used my big toe. Still can't use the ball of your foot like on the F250, or the Jeep, unless going through the windshield is your goal.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I wouldn't even worry about it. We all adapt to how the inputs feel on a car and we don't even notice as things change gradually over time. Even if it's not exactly how you like it, you will get used to it.

The PP Brembos are excellent, gigantic brakes and how they feel is how good brakes are supposed to feel.

Sponsored

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
The stock Brembo brakes are fantastic. It's not so much the braking force that impresses me most (though that is indeed impressive), but how much feel they have, how linear they are. I can control them unbelievably finely just by flexing my toes on the pedal. Because of this linearity and predictability I can brake quite hard without the passenger even noticing it.
And when you really slam on the brakes the car stops dead in its tracks. I got 0.97 g with winter tyres on wet tarmac at 32 ÂşF. On dry tarmac with summer tyres on a warm day I could probably do even better.
I've broken 1G on braking and both directions laterally. Now all I need is more power to do it on the acceleration front...

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I upgraded to the Bullitt Brembos from the base GT brakes, they're the same as Performance Pack, Mach 1, etc. but red. The braking is incredible with them and like others have said, will feel like youre going out the windshield if you get on them. I had one beginner track day so far and the brakes made me feel super confident on the track. They are more than enough for street and light track stuff in stock form, with upgraded pads and fluid a lot of guys on here run them in more advanced track groups with no issues.

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
you still have air in the system. get yourself a motive power bleeder. You need the 45 mm cap its a extra 35.00 dollars. Hook it to the master cylinder pump it to 15 psi and open up a single bleeder at a time. bleed the caliper futher away from the master working your way to the drivers side. On the brembos it does not matter if you bleed the inner or outter first. The bleeder uses pressure to push the fluid. Vaccume bleeding "sucks". You will need about 3 quarts of fluid to fill the motive bottle up. For 75.00 dollars it will make your life easy and you will have a firm pedal. Look at summit racing

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The high initial bite makes them hard to modulate at low speeds.
This goes away a bit as they wear.

They feel good when used hard.

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
invest in some performance friction Z rate pads, very impressive for fast road/trackday use.
Sponsored