OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Did you remember to order new crush washers as well?
Yep, Thanks. Also bought some new brake fluid. I'm on the fence about stainless lines.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have ones from Steeda (made by Goodridge) and I like them so far. Made the brake padel feel firmer and lowered the padel effort by a small amount.
If I tracked the car I wouldn't think twice about buying them, but for the price and since I only drive on the street I'm not sure it would be worth it for me. I would like to try some autocross events, so it might be worth the upgrade?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I tracked the car I wouldn't think twice about buying them, but for the price and since I only drive on the street I'm not sure it would be worth it for me. I would like to try some autocross events, so it might be worth the upgrade?
It's really not necessary. I autocross often and the bang for buck wouldn't be there. Much better to use that money for high bite pads.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's really not necessary. I autocross often and the bang for buck wouldn't be there. Much better to use that money for high bite pads.
I bought a set of stock pads for now, which were still like $210, I figure for the street the stock would work best and make the least amount of noise. I was looking into aftermarket rotors, like the Steeda 2 piece set, but I can't justify a few lbs weight savings for 4 times the cost of stock, if I raced...or was rich haha, it might be a different story. I would like to get a set of summer tires eventually if I do start going to autocross events, as much as I like the Michelin A/S 3+ for the streets and backroads, I'm not sure how they would hold up in autocross.

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I haven't autocrossed but since hoses don't seem to be a popular mod, I doubt that they'll make a difference.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a set of stock pads for now, which were still like $210, I figure for the street the stock would work best and make the least amount of noise. I was looking into aftermarket rotors, like the Steeda 2 piece set, but I can't justify a few lbs weight savings for 4 times the cost of stock, if I raced...or was rich haha, it might be a different story. I would like to get a set of summer tires eventually if I do start going to autocross events, as much as I like the Michelin A/S 3+ for the streets and backroads, I'm not sure how they would hold up in autocross.
The stock Brembo pads are more than adequate for autocross and moderate track use. Your tires will hold up ok but they'll have far, far lower limits than what most people will be running (RE71Rs). For your first few autocrosses you'll still be getting used to how to do it and get the most out of yourself, but after that you'll find where the tires are holding you back. I have a separate set of wheels for the track for this reason.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The stock Brembo pads are more than adequate for autocross and moderate track use. Your tires will hold up ok but they'll have far, far lower limits than what most people will be running (RE71Rs). For your first few autocrosses you'll still be getting used to how to do it and get the most out of yourself, but after that you'll find where the tires are holding you back. I have a separate set of wheels for the track for this reason.
I was planning to add a GT350 intake and tune, but since I am trying to keep my warranty and buy an extended Ford warranty, I'm thinking that money will be better spent on a 2nd set of performance wheels and tires. The truth is, I barely use all the power the car makes now, especially on the twisty backroads, and I feel like the stock power is plenty for an autocross event, at least for me. If anything I might eventually go with 3:55 gears. On the other hand a tune would probably help the 6R80.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I was planning to add a GT350 intake and tune, but since I am trying to keep my warranty and buy an extended Ford warranty, I'm thinking that money will be better spent on a 2nd set of performance wheels and tires. The truth is, I barely use all the power the car makes now, especially on the twisty backroads, and I feel like the stock power is plenty for an autocross event, at least for me. If anything I might eventually go with 3:55 gears. On the other hand a tune would probably help the 6R80.
Get a tune. It wakes the 6R80 the heck up man. If you do plan to get a manifold, just buy a 2018 manifold and lock out the IMRCs. All the power of the GT350 plus less TQ loss. The only thing the GT350 has is the ability to hold the power a little closer to 8000 RPM. The 2018 manifold just performs really well and on the CHEAP. Forget the extended warranty - it's a waste of money IMHO.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a tune. It wakes the 6R80 the heck up man. If you do plan to get a manifold, just buy a 2018 manifold and lock out the IMRCs. All the power of the GT350 plus less TQ loss. The only thing the GT350 has is the ability to hold the power a little closer to 8000 RPM. The 2018 manifold just performs really well and on the CHEAP. Forget the extended warranty - it's a waste of money IMHO.
Yeah, that's what I hear. My only issue with the 2018 vs. the GT350 manifold is they chose to use the GT350 manifold on the Bullitt, which makes more power. Does this mean that Ford looks at the GT350 as a better manifold or is it just a marketing gimmick? On the other hand, even with a tune, I wouldn't want to be running my engine over 7500RPM, or so, anyway.

I mainly want to get an extended warranty to cover the electrical stuff and A/C. I figure and A/C repair or having to replace the Sync 3 alone would more than cover the cost.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah, that's what I hear. My only issue with the 2018 vs. the GT350 manifold is they chose to use the GT350 manifold on the Bullitt, which makes more power. Does this mean that Ford looks at the GT350 as a better manifold or is it just a marketing gimmick? On the other hand, even with a tune, I wouldn't want to be running my engine over 7500RPM, or so, anyway.

I mainly want to get an extended warranty to cover the electrical stuff and A/C. I figure and A/C repair or having to replace the Sync 3 alone would more than cover the cost.
More than likely a marketing thing. The GT350 and 18 manifold make the same peak power, and the 18 manifold doesn't lose as much TQ down low as the GT350 does. The 18 manifold is more up your alley because it makes peak power around 7250 RPM. So you don't need to rev it out as much as you would to get the real benefit using the GT350 manifold, or even the Cobra Jet intake for that matter.

Check out the VMP manifold shootout on YouTube and you'll see that the 2018 manifold simply performs really well. For all out max effort/high revving - the Cobra Jet is still the king and that hasn't changed.

With that being said - if you want to get a different manifold, it should only be because you WANT to rev it out. If you don't rev it out at least past 7000 RPM, it's no better than the stock manifold.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More than likely a marketing thing. The GT350 and 18 manifold make the same peak power, and the 18 manifold doesn't lose as much TQ down low as the GT350 does. The 18 manifold is more up your alley because it makes peak power around 7250 RPM. So you don't need to rev it out as much as you would to get the real benefit using the GT350 manifold, or even the Cobra Jet intake for that matter.

Check out the VMP manifold shootout on YouTube and you'll see that the 2018 manifold simply performs really well. For all out max effort/high revving - the Cobra Jet is still the king and that hasn't changed.

With that being said - if you want to get a different manifold, it should only be because you WANT to rev it out. If you don't rev it out at least past 7000 RPM, it's no better than the stock manifold.
Good advice. I'm on the fence about doing a tune and intake manifold or a tune and headers first, but the 18' intakes are cheap enough that I could do all 3 at once. I think the 18's are like 1/4 the price of a GT350 manifold. For now I'm trying to keep my warranty so any of these mods won't be for a few years.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey,
Im looking to do the same brake upgrade that you did. By any chance would you happen to have the entire parts list? My GT is a 2021, non performance pack car and i want to upgrade to Brembo 6 piston caliper as opposed to 4 piston. Can ya help me out?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored