Brembo 6-piston Caliper on Base 2018 GT 400A

Proper-Fuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400A 6 Speed
Hey all. Been trying to figure this out and the Ford parts diagrams and descriptions are giving me a headache. Especially since I don't have a PP1 or 2 or Bullitt VIN to use. Thought maybe one or some of you have done this and would know off the top of your head.

I purchased the Brembo 6-pistol calipers that Ford put on the Bullitt S550. They came bare; no pads, no "retainer" hardware, banjo nuts, no nothing except for the center pins; one in each caliper. I also purchased a pair of slotted and drilled 15" rotors and Hawk ceramic pads for the Brembos.

Based on my research I believe I will need a new hardware kit, such as this:

##########################
Raybestos Brake Pad Hardware Front Kit Mustang GT/ Bullitt With Brembo Front Disc Brakes 2015-2021 H18225A

Raybestos:
H18225A

hxxps://www.cjponyparts.com/raybestos-brake-pad-hardware-front-kit-mustang-gt-bullitt-with-brembo-front-disc-brakes-2015-2021/p/HW4593/
########################

I should be able to reuse brake hoses and everything else.

Am I mistaken about that and the stock hardware such as the center and locating pins and anti-rattle clips off my base calipers would transfer over?

Screenshot_11.jpg
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
None of the stock hardware will transfer over from the caliper except the mounting bolts to the spindle.

OP
OP

Proper-Fuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
None of the stock hardware will transfer over from the caliper except the mounting bolts to the spindle.
Well that was easy. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I think one problem was most people that show you the install, including Ford, work off the kit that has the prebuilt calipers with all that hardware, so they never address it.

Thanks again man.

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hey all. Been trying to figure this out and the Ford parts diagrams and descriptions are giving me a headache. Especially since I don't have a PP1 or 2 or Bullitt VIN to use. Thought maybe one or some of you have done this and would know off the top of your head.

I purchased the Brembo 6-pistol calipers that Ford put on the Bullitt S550. They came bare; no pads, no "retainer" hardware, banjo nuts, no nothing except for the center pins; one in each caliper. I also purchased a pair of slotted and drilled 15" rotors and Hawk ceramic pads for the Brembos.

Based on my research I believe I will need a new hardware kit, such as this:

##########################
Raybestos Brake Pad Hardware Front Kit Mustang GT/ Bullitt With Brembo Front Disc Brakes 2015-2021 H18225A

Raybestos:
H18225A

hxxps://www.cjponyparts.com/raybestos-brake-pad-hardware-front-kit-mustang-gt-bullitt-with-brembo-front-disc-brakes-2015-2021/p/HW4593/
########################

I should be able to reuse brake hoses and everything else.

Am I mistaken about that and the stock hardware such as the center and locating pins and anti-rattle clips off my base calipers would transfer over?

Screenshot_11.jpg
Thats the exact kit I used when I ordered my Bullitt Brembos from Steeda... Check out Rock Auto. Half the price of CJ's.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9651632&cc=3307633&pt=1736&jsn=1102

OP
OP

Proper-Fuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
I'm good. Had the calipers and rotors installed for several weeks now.

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Gents, I ordered the Steeda Bullitt upgrade Brembo kit on a non-PP 2017 GT-I don’t think the rotors are included, what rotors did you guys use or recommend?

OP
OP

Proper-Fuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)