Sponsored

Brembo 15" on the rear

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I cannot provide feedback on this mod or the product, but can you give us insight for the application? Are you going racing, is the car nose-diving, want better overall performance, etc.? This might be a great mod. Depending on the application, there might be a better solution still. And at a better price point.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
you are not going to get barely any performance benefit from upgrading the rear calipers and rotors, 85%+ of your braking force is from the front. If you want red calipers paint them red for $20 bucks.
Also the added weight will rob some HP. IMO get some baer eradispeed+ rotors and call it a day.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Also the added weight will rob some HP. IMO get some baer eradispeed+ rotors and call it a day.
you are not going to get barely any performance benefit from upgrading the rear calipers and rotors, 85%+ of your braking force is from the front. If you want red calipers paint them red for $20 bucks.
I am not sure it's 85/15 front to rear, more like 70/30... but in most applications the rear brakes engage first. And while the rear are great for street driving, I notice a bit of fade with sustained corner to corner braking. My set up is already red all the way around.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I am not sure it's 85/15 front to rear, more like 70/30... but in most applications the rear brakes engage first. And while the rear are great for street driving, I notice a bit of fade with sustained corner to corner braking. My set up is already red all the way around. (Combining answer to other threads)...
What pads are you using? Id think that would be the main cause of fade.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I am not sure it's 85/15 front to rear, more like 70/30... but in most applications the rear brakes engage first. And while the rear are great for street driving, I notice a bit of fade with sustained corner to corner braking. My set up is already red all the way around.
Fade is heat. Cool the rotors (ducting venting etc). Get some hawk track pads. 5 grand on rear brakes makes no sense, hell the gt350 rear kit that includes spindles and half shafts is a lot cheaper than that.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I notice a bit of fade with sustained corner to corner braking
$5000 for big rear brakes seems a bit overkill if your issue is "a bit of brake fade". Spend $200 on some bigger deflectors for the front brakes and better fluid and you will fix the little bit of overheating your are noticing for 4% of the cost.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Fade is heat. Cool the rotors (ducting venting etc). Get some hawk track pads. 5 grand on rear brakes makes no sense, hell the gt350 rear kit that includes spindles and half shafts is a lot cheaper than that.
True on the GT350 kit... but for the Magneride it won't fit the front knuckles...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Fix your brake pads selection then. Surface area doesnā€™t help brakes like it does tires. All your getting is more thermal mass. Higher temp pads get the same result for less than 10% of the cost

That looks like the worst way to spend $5k on a mustang that Iā€™ve ever seen, and Iā€™ve been active here for 7 years.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
So you can feel a bit of fade from the rearā€¦ but not from the front?
Can you explain how do you come to this conclusion?
Even if true, and I really doubt it, itā€™s an issue that can easily be solved with a different/correct rear pads
Sponsored