Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Okay this may sound stupid but today I just realized that the buckle on the Tudor BB58 actually is supposed to be the shield logo 😆

20220929_120519.jpg

20221002_114651.jpg

Tudor-Logo.png
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Anyone dabbled in AVI-8 watches? Japanese movement, but a buddy at work has like five of them. I've seen them in person and hands on. I've gotta admit, for the money, I'm impressed and even considering one that I like. All of thier cronographs are quartz it seems, but the others are automatics. Thoughts? Anyone else?

https://www.avi-8.com/

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I like their watches looks but I have yet to buy one. If I were to buy an Aviator Mechanical I would buy a Laco or perhaps Longines (love the Big Eye Chronograph). Hamilton is always a contender for Aviation watches as well, especially if you like complications. Breitling is awesome too.

On the lower end you may look at Torgeon, but most are quartz.

Personally Longines and Breitling are the only ones I have experience with.

Yes, hate to say it, I am becoming a watch snob.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have gone down the rabbit hole. My wife has an old Rolex Oyster Speedking she inherited, and after researching it a bit I started looking at what is in the marketplace. So many fascinating designs. I have been wearing a Garmin Instinct for several years (sports watch) so I have been used to wearing a big watch. TBH my lazy butt has used it more as a timepiece, and it has surprised me how much I rely on it for just that. So I’m getting an Invicta for something a little dressy right now, and I really like the styling of Tissot. I see one of those in my future. No baller expensive stuff but that’s the cool thing. So many options at so many price points. It’s really a hobby for anyone.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just a word about Invicta. As someone who went through their Invicta phase many years ago I can tell you most models are decent. But their MSRP’s are hugely inflated. If you plan on spending more than a couple of hundred dollars there are much better watches out there. Tissot is an excellent Swiss brand.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a word about Invicta. As someone who went through their Invicta phase many years ago I can tell you most models are decent. But their MSRP’s are hugely inflated. If you plan on spending more than a couple of hundred dollars there are much better watches out there. Tissot is an excellent Swiss brand.
It’s a cheaper one just to dip my toe in. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll prob wear the sports watch most of the time, since my job can be rough on jewelry at times. I don’t wear my proper wedding ring 95% of the time, but a cheap rubber one. I want dressier options for evenings out and more formal settings.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It’s a cheaper one just to dip my toe in. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll prob wear the sports watch most of the time, since my job can be rough on jewelry at times. I don’t wear my proper wedding ring 95% of the time, but a cheap rubber one. I want dressier options for evenings out and more formal settings.
Here’s one of the best watches Invicta ever made. It’s been around forever. I gave mine to one of my son in laws a decade ago. Back then they around $100. Now it’s a super bargain.

https://www.amazon.com/Invicta-8926OB-Stainless-Automatic-Bracelet/dp/B000JQFX1G/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=CjwKCAjwqJSaBhBUEiwAg5W9p1wcCd8H20vZZJyZ_B9Pg8nm0EtKJ6cs7nfFsd8g6adKqGVeltUeJhoCN-EQAvD_BwE&hvadid=191736238765&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9011798&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17468470768138185192&hvtargid=kwd-299061103620&hydadcr=27445_10195169&keywords=invicta+8926+pro+diver&qid=1665512575&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjczIiwicXNhIjoiMC45OSIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-2&th=1

Ps. See what I mean about that list price BS. That watch was never $600.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s actually the one I’m getting. It’s a Rolex Submariner knockoff. I figured not a bad price for an automatic. it has a Seiko movement too. I’ve read a couple of reviews and it seems like a great buy. I certainly didn’t believe the MSRP. Marketing silliness I guess.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Any updates on availability or anything for the Swatch/Omega? I haven't really kept up with how to get one, but still want one. Last I heard, still a boutique only item.
Not sure they're high end but since I've been sort of hunting for them - I was over in Europe (Poland and Portugal), had Swatch stores very close - they're still basically not available - they have deliveries several times a week and they get sold immediately, for the more sought after you have to be in the store. Not sure how it looks in US since none of the stores in anywhere close.

I got Pluto and Venus (Venus and Sun are the easiest to get), they will only sell you one in a day (official Swatch policy).

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I do have two Invicta's and they are a good watch for the money. There are some excellent microbrands. However once going down the rabbit hole one wants more... Just like buying a Mustang and starting to modify it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I do have two Invicta's and they are a good watch for the money. There are some excellent microbrands. However once going down the rabbit hole one wants more... Just like buying a Mustang and starting to modify it.
Hi Chris. I actually have seven Invicta's. All from the ShopNBC heyday. I had some others but either sold them or gave them away. Actually met the owner Eyal Lalo a couple of times.

The two in the upper left corner are automatics. The silver one is actually a ETA 2824. Then you have the two Lupah's (I aways loved these) and three Pro Divers.

One thing though, Invicta cannot really be considered a microbrand. They are mass produced watches made in China. Steinhart, Christopher Ward, Halois, & MKII are good examples of a micro brand.
https://teddybaldassarre.com/blogs/watches/microbrand-watches-complete-guide
https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a39825129/best-independent-and-microbrand-watches-2022/

IMG_4155.jpg

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My wife bought me my first Omega last month: The 007 Seamaster, I wear my Tissot more though.
1665772072050.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My wife bought me my first Omega last month: The 007 Seamaster, I wear my Tissot more though.
1665772072050.png
Congrats on getting your 1st Omega. Your wife picked a great one. Don't be afraid to wear it. Remember, it's just a tool watch. :giggle::like::clap:
Sponsored