Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Ha! Tudor's turning into their parent!

Just curious, who's the AD? I'm talking to the outfit in Carmel/Monterey.
Yes they are unfortunately getting kinda ridiculous
The AD is not in California, I actually moved out from there a few weeks ago. The AD is out in the Northeast and I have been waiting since January for it which has been frustrating. This time the word is coming from the Tudor Rep instead of some random dude at the store so maybe it will actually come this time.

I remember checking out the Tudor ADs in California I remember only saw like two. Its slim pickings man.
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Yes they are unfortunately getting kinda ridiculous
The AD is not in California, I actually moved out from there a few weeks ago. The AD is out in the Northeast and I have been waiting since January for it which has been frustrating. This time the word is coming from the Tudor Rep instead of some random dude at the store so maybe it will actually come this time.

I remember checking out the Tudor ADs in California I remember only saw like two. Its slim pickings man.
Slim, indeed.

I'm talking to Fourtane in Carmel. When it comes in, the wife and I will get in the Bullitt and have a nice drive up Hwy 1 if it's open; we're on the central coast about halfway between L.A. and S.F.

Life is good.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slim, indeed.

I'm talking to Fourtane in Carmel. When it comes in, the wife and I will get in the Bullitt and have a nice drive up Hwy 1 if it's open; we're on the central coast about halfway between L.A. and S.F.

Life is good.
Nice, I have no idea where that is, I'm not a California native. When I checked I remember only seeing one store in San Jose lol.

Wow thats funny because I used to be in the Central Coast as well, right in Santa Barbara 😃 I always hated driving on highway 1 because I couldn't focus on the nice views

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Nice, I have no idea where that is, I'm not a California native. When I checked I remember only seeing one store in San Jose lol.

Wow thats funny because I used to be in the Central Coast as well, right in Santa Barbara 😃 I always hated driving on highway 1 because I couldn't focus on the nice views
Arroyo Grande is about 90 miles north of Santa Barbara, about 10 miles south of San Luis Obispo. The world's best weather!

Yeah, no sightseeing is my problem on 1, as well...

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Latest acquisition - Longines Ultronic from 1971 on original bracelet and running at -0.5 seconds per day. Not bad for a 50-year old girl.

3A4B9379-99C3-401C-BE0A-C66AD51BD7B3.jpeg

C97C1752-AE7C-4BD5-9D10-1E1A92A4926E.jpeg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I was wondering. Are you posting stuff about watches to sell them?
I’m not, I’m just posting what I have that is worth showing off. I almost never sell anything - and my wife will verify that. However, (almost) everything has a price... 😂

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I am getting fed up with my AD. I got on the waitlist for the Tudor BB58 back in January. It was originally supposed to be a 3 month wait, but I kept getting told it would come in later and later. In March they told me that I was next in line. I was told I'd get it in April, then May, and now June. When I called in May they told me that they emailed their Tudor rep and confirmed that it would come in June. I asked when and they said that it would be towards the end of the month. Called last week and they told me that it should be coming in. Its now the last day of June lol. I was a bit annoyed, but didn't care because thought I'd get it in time my graduation. But that has already passed and now I am getting angry.

Its now June 30th.

I thought about getting it online before but the mark up was really high, right now its on Jomashop, with only a $75 markup which is fine with me. After I got my Breitling from the AD I didn't really receive anything extra from them. I called all of the ADs in my area and they all are telling me the same thing. Is this a good idea? I ordered a watch from them way back in January and it was fine. Just nervous about spending a large amount of money. The watches are legit and are returnable right? I want to give them until Thursday before I call the AD and tell them to fuck off but I don't want to screw myself and have to wait again. If I have to wait another 5 months from Jomashop I am honestly just going to buy the Omega 300m Seamaster instead.

Btw I love the look of my Breitling but I really should not have bought it. It was an impulse buy to hold me over with the Tudor. I had too much money on my hands and was cooped up so I wasn't really in the right state of mind lol. I should have not been so hasty, Its a beautiful watch but the dimensions don't fit with my wrist it's too big. I guess thats what happens when you have too much money on your hands. The Omega Seamaster felt amazing when I tried it on (so did the Tudor 58) and I really should have got that instead. At the time I didn't really know what was out there. Noob mistake.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Okay, I am getting fed up with my AD. I got on the waitlist for the Tudor BB58 back in January. It was originally supposed to be a 3 month wait, but I kept getting told it would come in later and later. In March they told me that I was next in line. I was told I'd get it in April, then May, and now June. When I called in May they told me that they emailed their Tudor rep and confirmed that it would come in June. I asked when and they said that it would be towards the end of the month. Called last week and they told me that it should be coming in. Its now the last day of June lol. I was a bit annoyed, but didn't care because thought I'd get it in time my graduation. But that has already passed and now I am getting angry.

Its now June 30th.

I thought about getting it online before but the mark up was really high, right now its on Jomashop, with only a $75 markup which is fine with me. After I got my Breitling from the AD I didn't really receive anything extra from them. I called all of the ADs in my area and they all are telling me the same thing. Is this a good idea? I ordered a watch from them way back in January and it was fine. Just nervous about spending a large amount of money. The watches are legit and are returnable right? I want to give them until Thursday before I call the AD and tell them to fuck off but I don't want to screw myself and have to wait again. If I have to wait another 5 months from Jomashop I am honestly just going to buy the Omega 300m Seamaster instead.

Btw I love the look of my Breitling but I really should not have bought it. It was an impulse buy to hold me over with the Tudor. I had too much money on my hands and was cooped up so I wasn't really in the right state of mind lol. I should have not been so hasty, Its a beautiful watch but the dimensions don't fit with my wrist it's too big. I guess thats what happens when you have too much money on your hands. The Omega Seamaster felt amazing when I tried it on (so did the Tudor 58) and I really should have got that instead. At the time I didn't really know what was out there. Noob mistake.
What Breitling do you have?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Its now June 30th.

OK, now listen to me...........TAKE A BREATH, it's only a watch. Yes, of course it's frustrating, but you have come this far to back out of buying it from an AD. There may be nothing wrong with Jomashop but I'd rather always buy from an AD, just in case. The 5 year warranty is not worth the few dollars saved.

Now here is an idea. Go to your AD. Tell them you want a conference call with the Tudor rep. Their response might be all you need to know. If they start making excuses for why they can't do that, then you might be concerned you're getting screwed.

Btw, quick fix for your Breitling....sell it and get a Seamaster.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Breitling do you have?
It's the Navitimer 41 its a beautiful watch, just doesn't fit on my wrist properly. Theres nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't fit properly on me. Originally I went to the AD to try on the Breitling and the Tudor BB58.

They didn't have the Navitimer 41 in store, but they had them in stock, I tried on a Navitimer 43 and liked the design. It was also discounted so they kinda had me enticed me. I saw the Tudor and wanted that as well but they said there was a 3 month wait. I told them that I'd sleep over it (I didn't really I knew what I was going to do) and called them to get the Navitimer 41. After the honeymoon phase I noticed that it shifts and cants to the side of my wrist alot. So I have to wear it a bit further down to where its uncomfortable. I totally got suckered in. It was my first 'real' luxury watch purchase so I guess its just a learning experience. Just need to consider fitment as well on my next purchase rather than looks

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
It's the Navitimer 41 its a beautiful watch, just doesn't fit on my wrist properly. Theres nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't fit properly on me. Originally I went to the AD to try on the Breitling and the Tudor BB58.

They didn't have the Navitimer 41 in store, but they had them in stock, I tried on a Navitimer 43 and liked the design. It was also discounted so they kinda had me enticed me. I saw the Tudor and wanted that as well but they said there was a 3 month wait. I told them that I'd sleep over it (I didn't really I knew what I was going to do) and called them to get the Navitimer 41. After the honeymoon phase I noticed that it shifts and cants to the side of my wrist alot. So I have to wear it a bit further down to where its uncomfortable. I totally got suckered in. It was my first 'real' luxury watch purchase so I guess its just a learning experience. Just need to consider fitment as well on my next purchase rather than looks

Very nice first luxury time piece purchase.
Sponsored