Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
It’s definitely understated, and one of those watches that will disappoint if you’re looking for attention. The folks that know will be “wow, you never see those!” and everyone else that even notices will just see a nice Seiko.

I kind of like it that way, though. I don’t need the extra attention from John Q. Public, but I’ll gladly talk watches with anyone who appreciates a nice watch.
Yeah the spring drive movement is what really gets me. Its looks so nice in person to see it tick. Definitely not flashy at all but its a nice solid watch. Kinda like a sleeper car.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I'm a bracelet kind of guy - too hot for leather straps 9 months of the year here in TX and a NATO strap is a good crutch if there isn't another option. There are some neat vintage Accutron bracelets out there that I am looking at, but some are more expensive than the watch... The lugs are also narrow at 11/16" (17.5mm), so I'm looking at either a mesh style, or something that flares a bit to wear a little wider. I'll kind of know it when I see it... lol...

So leather is bad in the heat or when you sweat? What about rubber? My body is always cold so I usually don't have that problem.

Hard to say if I am a bracelet guy, I do like it on some watches, but on some I like leather/rubber. Im not really a fan of the NATO, but I have seen it look good on some watches.

Whats the deal with the lugs? Does narrow ones not fit you? Trying to understand the intricate details, I do notice on my Breitling that the lugs are a bit weird on my wrist. They aren't completely flush, so the fit isn't absolutely perfect. From what I have been seeing, the Tudor BB58 should be a good fit because I guess the lugs are more flared out and not concaved. (I think that what is what you are saying right?)

My wrists are really weird, I measured them and they are 6.8 inches which would be a 42 MM watch is a good fit but some watches that are 40mm can look weird. I think its just me though, I am really awkwardly shaped and always have trouble fitting into things so it wouldn't surprise me. I have a KIA bracelet that doesn't fit because of the shape of my wrists, so I guess they are just weird.

I've been watching watch reviews and the alot if the stuff that people say I literally have no idea what they are talking about lol.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So leather is bad in the heat or when you sweat? What about rubber? My body is always cold so I usually don't have that problem.

Hard to say if I am a bracelet guy, I do like it on some watches, but on some I like leather/rubber. Im not really a fan of the NATO, but I have seen it look good on some watches.

Whats the deal with the lugs? Does narrow ones not fit you? Trying to understand the intricate details, I do notice on my Breitling that the lugs are a bit weird on my wrist. They aren't completely flush, so the fit isn't absolutely perfect. From what I have been seeing, the Tudor BB58 should be a good fit because I guess the lugs are more flared out and not concaved. (I think that what is what you are saying right?)

My wrists are really weird, I measured them and they are 6.8 inches which would be a 42 MM watch is a good fit but some watches that are 40mm can look weird. I think its just me though, I am really awkwardly shaped and always have trouble fitting into things so it wouldn't surprise me. I have a KIA bracelet that doesn't fit because of the shape of my wrists, so I guess they are just weird.

I've been watching watch reviews and the a lot if the stuff that people say I literally have no idea what they are talking about lol.
Yeah, for me it's the heat. I have an office job 90% of the time, but I occasionally have to get out to the field with little notice and I hate when the leather gets soggy. It can be 90+ degrees at night too, so I can't really even wear a leather strap out in the evening during the summer. I have some silicone / rubber straps that are super soft, but still sweaty so a no-go for me except in a swimming / beach scenario.

Having a bracelet or other breathable strap gives me a lot more use out of my watches, so I look for a bracelet version of any watch I buy. NATO straps are a great crutch strap for me because they're always comfortable, cheap, easy to clean, and easy to swap out for different colors to change things up. Plus, I think about my Dad whenever I wear them - he wore them in the Army forever, so I've always been around them. I probably have 30 NATO straps in multiple colors & sizes to fit every watch I have...

...except for the 17mm lugs on that Bulova. That's just an odd size, and it's hard to find a modern NATO strap in anything below 20mm. So that's the real hangup, plus the watch is just small at 35mm. That was the style back in the 60's & 70's, but a nice vintage bracelet can make a smaller watch wear a little bigger, at least to my eye. I just have to find a nice bracelet that doesn't cost more than the watch. Vintage watches are a great way to get rid of lots of money fast.

The shape of the lugs will have a lot to do with how well a watch wears on your wrist. My wrist is wide but flat, and about 7.75" around. Smaller watches are always shifting off to one side and it's annoying. Rolex / Tudor lugs seem to wear pretty well as the lugs curve down a bit. I also have some vintage-style wire lug watches that are about 47mm and are my favorites because of how the sit pretty even on my wide wrist. Again, it's just a matter of taste, and what you think fits well and is comfortable.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Today’s vintage + NATO combo: 70’s Seiko Bell-Matic in as-found condition. It has a wind-up alarm function that is pretty awesome.

7E28CC83-C986-4C73-98C3-BD9691840D38.jpeg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I was just wondering why the L2.759.4.78.3 instead of the newer L2.859.4.78.3. Either way it is a beautiful watch and a great cornerstone piece to start a new collection.

https://www.longines.com/en-us/watch-the-longines-master-collection-l2-859-4-78-3

I’ve been looking at the master collection line for a while and this model was avail at a good price. It’s new and I really liked it. I’m looking at a Omega seamaster diver with the gray dial which I really want so that’s my next one just got do some saving now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’ve been looking at the master collection line for a while and this model was avail at a good price. It’s new and I really liked it. I’m looking at a Omega seamaster diver with the gray dial which I really want so that’s my next one just got do some saving now.
That's great. You're hooked now. And you think car mods are expensive. :) :thumbsup:
Sponsored