Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
As someone who's been tempted to get a Rolex, here's the conversation I have with my Conscience every time I search the internet.

My Conscience: "Mr. Dickus, would you rather put $15-20000 into one of your Vanguard Funds, or would you rather have a watch that is the most expensive and least accurate timepiece you own?"

BD: "Well, when you put it like that... How about a Stainless Steel Datejust?"

Conscience: "A SS Datejust? LOL - nothing says you're a poser wannabe when you wear the CHEAPEST Rolex known to mankind - are your going to wear it while you drive around in your C 250? Do that and I'll call you a douchebag first thing in the morning and every time you look in a mirror!"

BD: "yeah - I guess the old Seiko still works"
Explorer 1. It doesn’t put off any douche vibes because nobody is going to know it’s a Rolex unless it’s someone who knows watches, and anyone who knows watches knows that someone wearing an Explorer 1 isnt a douche. It’s a classy watch without any flash.
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very tasty collection! What size is the Combat? and what is the blue-banded one in the top corner ? and there's only about 18 more that I'd like to get to know... (like, what's that one directly below the Combat?) Looks like a new line of research for me...
There used to be a really good site with a lot of info on the various 3133 watches, but looks like it’s under construction. However I can find specific pages from it that are still active. You can browse through some active links at the top of that page.

The one with the blue band is a modern re-issue of a Soviet Navy watch:
http://polmax3133.com/gallery7601.html

http://polmax3133.com/gallery0502.html

https://www.poljot24.de/en/uhrtypen/chronographen/poljot-okean.html

Here’s the one below the Combat. It’s supposed to be a homage to Soviet watches from 40s/50s I think.

https://www.poljot24.de/en/uhrtypen/chronographen/kirova-chronograph-white.html

http://polmax3133.com/gallery0511.html

The combat is about 38mm I think. That was actually my first Chrono almost 20 years ago. Still runs strong.

https://poljotuhren.de/Poljot-3133-...ronograph-russische-Uhr-Leuchtzifferblatt-NOS

These 3133s are still available for sale, but they’re fairly expensive since they’re not made any more.

Anyway I’m glad you like them :)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Any suggestions on a watch 'roll', Im doing some moving around and I will finally be consolidating all of my stuff which means my watches will be all together (I'm tossing away the old watches I have) finally.

I am going in blind here. But I do like the look of this roll. Only problem is that it holds 4 watches, I need something that will hold 5. I like the look of this better than a watch box. I love the color. Anything in a blue color would look great or like a green suede. Maybe a navy blue watch box with gold inlays? That would look good too.

I don't know what people normally go with but I am going to defer this to the experts :)

What do you guys use to hold your collection?

MUSHI_9_720x.jpg

MUSHI_15_720x.jpg

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the second one waterproof also?

The first one seems like an overall better design because the inside is felt, and the pockets are deep. But Im not a fan of that huge logo on it. Maybe its just a bad picture.

This is another one I really like but it holds only 4 watches. Such a clean and crisp

https://www.vild-shop.com/product/waxed-canvas-watch-roll-blue/?lang=en

vild-Waxed-Canvas-Watch-Roll-Blau-01-1-250x250.jpg

vild-Waxed-Canvas-Watch-Roll-Blau-03.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Dont know, but it is waxed canvas so it should be , at least, water repellent.
But Im not a fan of that huge logo on it. Maybe its just a bad picture.
It is fairly large but it never bothered me. It is stitched on so I guess it could be removed.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

The first one seems like an overall better design because the inside is felt, and the pockets are deep. But Im not a fan of that huge logo on it. Maybe its just a bad picture.

This is another one I really like but it holds only 4 watches. Such a clean and crisp

https://www.vild-shop.com/product/waxed-canvas-watch-roll-blue/?lang=en

vild-Waxed-Canvas-Watch-Roll-Blau-01-1-250x250.jpg

vild-Waxed-Canvas-Watch-Roll-Blau-03.jpg
One thing I would pay close attention to is how wide the slots for the watches are - it's easy to fit anything 40mm and down into most of the pouches you've show, but you're going to have to look at fitting wider watches. Most of my watches are chunky and well over 40mm, and I've had issues with some of the bigger ones either being too big to fit at all, or big enough to be a pain to insert / remove. This even on a pouch I made for myself...

The one above shows 70mm slots, and that's pretty good. I would wager it fit a 45mm watch with a non-crazy crown that was up to 1/2" thick. You can test this yourself by mocking up a paper pouch at the same size - just has to be one slot, taped or stapled on the sides - and see if your biggest watch fits. If it's not an easy fit, the thicker canvas or leather will be worse.

Might also consider Etsy to have something custom made for your needs. I have no experience with this seller, but the pouch looks nice with several options for color and # of pockets:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/626049...=sr_gallery-1-19&organic_search_click=1&frs=1
il_1140xN.1731472781_3b2s.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
One thing I would pay close attention to is how wide the slots for the watches are - it's easy to fit anything 40mm and down into most of the pouches you've show, but you're going to have to look at fitting wider watches. Most of my watches are chunky and well over 40mm, and I've had issues with some of the bigger ones either being too big to fit at all, or big enough to be a pain to insert / remove. This even on a pouch I made for myself...

The one above shows 70mm slots, and that's pretty good. I would wager it fit a 45mm watch with a non-crazy crown that was up to 1/2" thick. You can test this yourself by mocking up a paper pouch at the same size - just has to be one slot, taped or stapled on the sides - and see if your biggest watch fits. If it's not an easy fit, the thicker canvas or leather will be worse.

Might also consider Etsy to have something custom made for your needs. I have no experience with this seller, but the pouch looks nice with several options for color and # of pockets:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/626049...=sr_gallery-1-19&organic_search_click=1&frs=1
il_1140xN.1731472781_3b2s.jpg
Good point. The one I had took my 45mm Superocean and that's the biggest I have.

Max Watch Size: Fits watch heads up to 46mm - each pouch is 58mm.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dont know, but it is waxed canvas so it should be , at least, water repellent.

It is fairly large but it never bothered me. It is stitched on so I guess it could be removed.
Good point. The one I had took my 45mm Superocean and that's the biggest I have.

Max Watch Size: Fits watch heads up to 46mm - each pouch is 58mm.
I think because of the picture is zoomed in, it looks bigger than it really is. I guess it doesn't matter in general since it isn't going to be rolled up like that, it will lying flat 100% of the time. I think I will go with this for now. It's inexpensive. The biggest one I have is 46mm So its the perfect size and has the the exact pockets I need.

Thanks, that is a good point, I didn't even realize that. One of those things you don't think about on your first buy. Thanks :like: Yeah most of my watches are over 40MM, with my Citizen being the biggest at 46 and the Tudor (whenever it comes in) being 39.

That one looks good, I think what I'll do is get the one Bikeman suggested from Barton for now, so I can have a good reference point and then I can look into getting a custom one. That'll be a good birthday present to get or Christmas gift. I really do like the look of the blue leather suede. I never used Etsy before but it seems like this is where to go for what I want.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Barton makes pretty good straps, too, so an opportunity to save on shipping costs...

I think you’re on a good path getting a nice starting point and upgrading when you need it. The pouch I made was just a real quickie that I thought I had planned well. It pays to do a little more research up front. It lets me carry a couple smaller watches safely, but will fit only one larger watch. Not a big deal for a travel situation, but not very flexible either.

The Citizen barely fits because the bracelet makes it thicker than you’d think. The crown and thickness of the Laco pilot watch is a total no-go. The Omega and the OWC Snowflake are easy.

275DC28E-C48C-4965-AA27-B50D55BCCF16.jpeg

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I wear a Garmin Instinct fitness watch all the time now, so I never wear any of the other watches I have. My wife does have an old Rolex she inherited. I might need to check the value on that.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Barton makes pretty good straps, too, so an opportunity to save on shipping costs...

I think you’re on a good path getting a nice starting point and upgrading when you need it. The pouch I made was just a real quickie that I thought I had planned well. It pays to do a little more research up front. It lets me carry a couple smaller watches safely, but will fit only one larger watch. Not a big deal for a travel situation, but not very flexible either.

The Citizen barely fits because the bracelet makes it thicker than you’d think. The crown and thickness of the Laco pilot watch is a total no-go. The Omega and the OWC Snowflake are easy.

275DC28E-C48C-4965-AA27-B50D55BCCF16.jpeg
Yeah, better to just get something prove and good before I get too crazy lol.

Wow, I've never been an artsy/crafty person, but this is something I could work on. My mom and sister love this stuff so I could get them to help, I always just "commissioned" them to do my artsy projects for school lol. It didn't cross my mind that you can handcraft this. That actually looks really good for it being homemade . It might be a better idea for me to do that instead because I can get choose the materials and color I want.

What is that thing in the middle for? I just bought the watch roll and that showed up as a recommended item. Like a spring tool or something like that?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Yeah, better to just get something prove and good before I get too crazy lol.

Wow, I've never been an artsy/crafty person, but this is something I could work on. My mom and sister love this stuff so I could get them to help, I always just "commissioned" them to do my artsy projects for school lol. It didn't cross my mind that you can handcraft this. That actually looks really good for it being homemade . It might be a better idea for me to do that instead because I can get choose the materials and color I want.

What is that thing in the middle for? I just bought the watch roll and that showed up as a recommended item. Like a spring tool or something like that?
That’s it - a spring bar tool. Little pusher on one end for lugs that have holes through for the spring bars. The other end is a tiny fork to pry in the spring bar shoulder. That tool makes life nice, I have a couple I keep around where I do my tinkering. I tend to swap straps around a bit to keep things interesting.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance