Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If you’re going top tier, buy once cry one. Automatic or just end up in a lower tier with a quartz that fits your style. You get around true watch aficionados and silent judgment occurs on the type movements.
So silly, actually. Human entertainment.
I’d love to one day delve into the psychology of why people (including myself to a limited degree) value certain things.

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I
Do you have a suggestion?
I have a few Vostok Europe watches, but the new ones are fairly pricy. The new ones also don't come with Russian movements for the most part. They come with Japanese quartz or automatics. I mostly buy on eBay and they have plenty of good examples. Also check out MERANOM.COM for original VOSTOKS. For higher end chronos, search for POLJOT 3133 in ebay and you'll find plenty of examples, but be careful, some of them may be refurbished from older watches, so I can provide some advice if needed.

Also, you can check out POJOT24.de for new watches. I've bought stuff from both places before and have had good experience.

These are all suggestions for cheap/reasonably prices Russian watches. Otherwise, there are thousands of good options in Japanese, European, and American brands.

Last edited:

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
So silly, actually. Human entertainment.
I’d love to one day delve into the psychology of why people (including myself to a limited degree) value certain things.
howdy fellow watch enthusiast đź‘Ť

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Check out Longines or Tag on the Gray Market. Watchmaxx, Jomashop seem to be two of the best online retailers that are not approved dealers. I have experience with Watchmaxx. Always great service from them. Good luck on your search and purchase. @Matthewstorm

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does the Apple Watch Hermes count?

3F0FD437-3AE6-43E3-A9B7-9EC995E1810E.jpeg
Sorry no. It’s not a watch, it’s an miniature iPhone worn on your wrist. And I’m a Apple guy but like my watch’s to be mechanical.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Sorry no. It’s not a watch, it’s an miniature iPhone worn on your wrist. And I’m a Apple guy but like my watch’s to be mechanical.
To be fair, it's pretty high end in the Apple lineup - and the only one that my wife really paid attention to. If it gets her attention, it's going to be expensive. I have no explanation for what she saw in me...

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I like the virtual watches simply because of the variety. I know the Hermès is ridiculously overpriced, but I love the feel and weight of the stainless steel case. It’s like having a different watch every day; this is the same one...

28DBF542-D2F3-498B-9073-2E8F6E775398.jpeg

Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely! Not really known for their watches they are just as impressive as their jewelry. Love the dial work and the bezel. I presume the crown at 10:00 is for the inner bezel?
Believe it or not, no! It's actually for the outer! Go figure!

Edit: I'm actually very surprised the material on the band has remained nearly flawless. I got it in early 2009, so 12 years now, daily wear for about 2-3.

Edit 2: the lume on the Tiffany watch is that Tiffany blue color!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Check out Longines or Tag on the Gray Market. Watchmaxx, Jomashop seem to be two of the best online retailers that are not approved dealers. I have experience with Watchmaxx. Always great service from them. Good luck on your search and purchase. @Matthewstorm
Yeah, but what happens if you buy from Grey market and need service?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
My other daily wear. TAG Sports Elegance a true dive watch. I got this watch in 1993. I have worn it a lot and it has been a very dependable piece. It is just the opposite of my Carrera. Smaller, thin, light and quartz vs mechanical.

tag.jpg

TAG1.jpg
Sponsored