Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's an interesting question; so many factors come into play. How many watchmakers, any automation, parts sourcing, logistics... and let's not forget the watch itself, how many styles and variations, standard movements or modified from base to in-house, what complications, etc.
Brellum is 299 watches per year; complex watches but he spent 25 years working positions in the large brands and is a 4th gen watchmaker. Flip side, my Kazimon; just a solid dive watch made in Germany using a Fricker case and a common 2824-2 ETA, nothing fancy. I believe he built less than 50 of each of the 4 styles before moving to Switzerland, and hasn't re-opened yet.
No doubt though that some of the microbrands produce great watches at excellent value; others, eh, not so much.

Kazimon.jpg
I want one! If you don’t mind, please let me know how to order the Kazimon. Thanks, whether permitting of course.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Oh well. I waited to get the Mustang from Flat Rock, so that’s fine.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll see a Swiss Made Kazimon. I check around periodically and haven't heard of any action toward that; which means that the maybe couple of hundred Kazimons out there are it. and they rarely hit the resale sites (seriously, like 1 or 2 over the past 5 years). even if he did restart in Switzerland the watches wouldn't be quite the same since Fricker closed their doors last year, although I'm sure he could source another bulletproof case somewhere. If you do come across a Kazimon with Made in Germany, grab it; I'll be happy to but it from you if you decide not to keep it.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s my Kazimon; kept me from dropping mucho dinero on an Omega

44BB1F06-8199-417A-AAAE-AEE2AA61A979.jpeg

87D38CBA-1F00-4EE1-85D9-A71163356673.jpeg
A great tool watch. I’ll keep a look out for one. Thanks.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone get anything special for Valentines Day?....
Glycine combat sub vintage 42 in black PVD. These are nice watches. At first the crown felt a little rough, but smoothed out within the first few turns now perfect. Case quality is excellent though I prefer drilled lugs.
Dial is simple, clean and business like with what appears to be a focus on utilitarian quality rather than embellished (fancy?) quality with excellent Lume after exposure to natural sunlight.
Seems to keep great time and has that personality only a mechanical watch has...lol, think, dare I say it, manual trans.
One of the nicest $300-$350 watches I found. I’m intrigued by these budget high quality Swiss divers especially after owning this one.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Glycine combat sub vintage 42 in black PVD. These are nice watches. At first the crown felt a little rough, but smoothed out within the first few turns now perfect. Case quality is excellent though I prefer drilled lugs.
Dial is simple, clean and business like with what appears to be a focus on utilitarian quality rather than embellished (fancy?) quality with excellent Lume after exposure to natural sunlight.
Seems to keep great time and has that personality only a mechanical watch has...lol, think, dare I say it, manual trans.
One of the nicest $300-$350 watches I found. I’m intrigued by these budget high quality Swiss divers especially after owning this one.

Pictures or it didn't happen, lol !
Sponsored