Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I love my Superocean, but with few exceptions I find most other Breitling watches either too busy, too big or too blingy if you know what I mean.
Beautiful Breitling Colt 45 Limited Edition was gorgeous.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your quote function didn't work. And Breitling made a Colt 45 watch? Lol wonder how that looked
Yes, this one. And it’s so awesome.
A740976F-747D-427C-B644-B74C6A4A5940.jpeg

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the Navimeter 46 and the straps felt good. I feel like Breitlings are known to have really thick bands. I have noticed that the metal bands are always heavy and pretty meaty compared to other brands (could be wrong).

I have skinny wrists too, even more skinny now that I am 25 lbs under by normal weight (nothing fits me now lol) but the salesman modified the strap for a comfortable fit, it felt really good.

I've only seen pictures and videos, but I actually like the shade of blue and the material of the Tudor BB58 leather better, but its not as thick and wide as the Breitlings which I don't like but not a deal breaker. Both are good watches regardless, I really don't think anyone can go wrong with either one, which is why Im getting both :)
Speaking of Tudor, I’m not sure I like the whole secondary to Rolex thing. I think the idea self restricts the brand from ever approaching the quality of Rolex. That said, the Pelagos is one I like.

Breitling and Omega have no politics holding back their brands from being as great as they can be.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Speaking of Tudor, I’m not sure I like the whole secondary to Rolex thing. I think the idea self restricts the brand from ever approaching the quality of Rolex. That said, the Pelagos is one I like.

Breitling and Omega have no politics holding back their brands from being as great as they can be.
Yeah I've been checking out watch videos and saw the side by side comparison of the Tudor Black Bay with the Rolex Submariner, you can clearly see that Tudor definitely holds back.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't say that I am brand loyalist, I just go after designs I like regardless of the company. Omegas and Breitlings are sharp though.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay so after placing the order the AD actually got the Breitling overnight. Just picked it up today!

The metal clasp is actually way easier to manage than I thought, there are 2 holes to push and it comes right off!

Its a perfect fit. I am excited start wearing this. This will match all of my blue jackets and t-shirts lol. The case is not super big but thats what I wanted. Something more casual that is subtle but beautiful :)

20210120_141149.jpg

20210120_140621.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Okay so after placing the order the AD actually got the Breitling overnight. Just picked it up today!

The metal clasp is actually way easier to manage than I thought, there are 2 holes to push and it comes right off!

Its a perfect fit. I am excited start wearing this. This will match all of my blue jackets and t-shirts lol. The case is not super big but thats what I wanted. Something more casual that is subtle but beautiful :)

20210120_141149.jpg

20210120_140621.jpg
Congratulations, it is a beautiful watch. Enjoy it and use it in good health. Keep us updated in the Black Bay too.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Absolutely stunning.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Very nice to see others addicted to timepieces like myself! I sometimes wish I never got into this madness, but they sometimes highlight special moments in our lives....

My first Swiss timepiece purchase was this Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 Chronograph in Anthracite Grey and is still my daily wear.

IMG_4755.jpg

Here is my Oris Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT Rega Edition #427

thumbnail.jpg

One of my absolute favorites in the collection, Bremont Jaguar MKII White which pays homage to the Jaguar E-Type.

BEE9EF10-B571-4E18-9A64-D927582BD46D.JPG

The one that I adored when I first got into Swiss timepieces, and eventually found new by a Tag Rep many years later.....Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 Chronograph Jack Heuer 50th Anniversary Edition

IMG_0626.jpg

Im a big F1 fan and RedBull is my team. Tag Heuer Formula 1 2020 Redbull Edition on a NATO strap.

IMG_0868.jpg
Very nice to see others addicted to timepieces like myself! I sometimes wish I never got into this madness, but they sometimes highlight special moments in our lives....

My first Swiss timepiece purchase was this Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 Chronograph in Anthracite Grey and is still my daily wear.

IMG_4755.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

One of my absolute favorites in the collection, Bremont Jaguar MKII White which pays homage to the Jaguar E-Type.

BEE9EF10-B571-4E18-9A64-D927582BD46D.JPG

The one that I adored when I first got into Swiss timepieces, and eventually found new by a Tag Rep many years later.....Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 Chronograph Jack Heuer 50th Anniversary Edition

IMG_0626.jpg

Im a big F1 fan and RedBull is my team. Tag Heuer Formula 1 2020 Redbull Edition on a NATO strap.

IMG_0868.jpg
Very nice collection! Here is my Formula 1. I wear it probably more than any watch I have now.
20200527_151414.jpg

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
New Superocean 2 42 here. Been wanting one. Found they were discontinued. Luckily, one of the only two Breitling factory outlets is here and they had a brand new one. Thanks to wife, it’s mine.
696BAFAA-0C38-4B62-80F6-5EF564209F2F.jpeg

The wife has good taste. Thats how I got mine. Enjoy!

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_4755.jpg

thumbnail.jpg
Damn, these two watches are very nice. I love that TAG Heuer. Glad that you wear it daily, it is absolutely massive and looks clean as all hell.

The ORIS I like too! You have good taste!!

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I have a Rolex that was passed down to me with some interesting history. My dad bought it while in navy, late 60s. In the 80s he upgraded and gave it to his dad, my grandfather. My grandfather had it for a decade or so before he passed away and my dad got it back. My grandfather took it in for service to a “non Rolex” watchmaker who tried to unscrew the back without the tool. Put a mismatched band on etc. and the crystal was worse for wear. My dad gave it to me in that condition and a few Christmas’s ago my wife had it restored/cleaned up. Anyway here it is....
8CA4EA47-22D3-4BC4-833D-9122346EEF1F.jpeg
Sponsored