Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I would totally have a new Air King. Aside from that, Rolex has an....interesting...reputation. Not knocking the quality or exclusivity of it not one tiny bit, but it has become the proverbial Lamborghini of the watch community; if you're a rich rapper and don't know jack shit about quality watches, nor have any style of your own, and you want to show everyone your bling, you buy a Rolex. There are total car enthusiasts that buy Lamborghini's just as there are watch enthusiast that buy Rolex, but this is certainly the ugly other side of the coin.

Yea, the new Air Kings are nice.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I would totally have a new Air King. Aside from that, Rolex has an....interesting...reputation. Not knocking the quality or exclusivity of it not one tiny bit, but it has become the proverbial Lamborghini of the watch community; if you're a rich rapper and don't know jack shit about quality watches, nor have any style of your own, and you want to show everyone your bling, you buy a Rolex. There are total car enthusiasts that buy Lamborghini's just as there are watch enthusiast that buy Rolex, but this is certainly the ugly other side of the coin.
Exclusivity is a figment of the imagination.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Exclusivity is a figment of the imagination.
Well one has to define exclusively. If you’re discussing a McLaren Senna, yes that’s exclusive. A standard Rolex, no, they are a dime a dozen. Not that they are not a great watch, they are. But with the exception of some truly limited models, and of course, some vintage models, they are hardly exclusive. Although to that end Rolex refuses to increase production so as demand rises it is getting harder and harder to find certain models. Call that “artificial exclusivity”.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well one has to define exclusively. If you’re discussing a McLaren Senna, yes that’s exclusive. A standard Rolex, no, they are a dime a dozen. Not that they are not a great watch, they are. But with the exception of some truly limited models, and of course, some vintage models, they are hardly exclusive. Although to that end Rolex refuses to increase production so as demand rises it is getting harder and harder to find certain models. Call that “artificial exclusivity”.
I think what I really mean is, it doesn’t matter. The entire subject is nothing more than a psychological experiment to me. In other words, a bunch of bs. But that’s just my opinion. I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything on the basis of what anyone else thinks of it. Heck, if I did that I probably wouldn’t have a Mustang.

Last edited:

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
6C612B0D-F586-45D1-9D37-2A4D7DC8744C.jpeg

088C9D9D-EFF0-45B9-98BA-130FC6998753.jpeg

Navi getting some time on the Bond Nato.

Sponsored

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
I'm not really a NATO guy, but damn, that looks so good. :like: :clap:
I hear ya. I don’t wear a Nato very often. Every time I do, I’m quickly reminded as to why I don’t.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, I guess exclusivity wasn't the right word. I know this is a club anyone with the money can be a part of. I used that word in thinking about the reactions I get from friends and office mates who, for 99% of the crowd, are not into watches. So they think I'm just the richest mo fo on the block because I'm willing to pay these prices for a watch.

And sported my Bremont on a Nato strap today...

61461307422__1E6380B4-674A-4D68-91F6-A645E7A1C410.JPG

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Yeah, I guess exclusivity wasn't the right word. I know this is a club anyone with the money can be a part of. I used that word in thinking about the reactions I get from friends and office mates who, for 99% of the crowd, are not into watches. So they think I'm just the richest mo fo on the block because I'm willing to pay these prices for a watch.

Nice! What is the diameter?

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350

Yea, looks really good. What's the diameter?...

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's a 40. It photographs much larger than it wears. I think a lot of watched do that, but this one especially. The Nato strap also gives it a larger appearance than the other traditional style strap.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
It's a 40. It photographs much larger than it wears. I think a lot of watched do that, but this one especially. The Nato strap also gives it a larger appearance than the other traditional style strap.
Yea, I was thinking a 43 or possibly larger. Definitely photographs bigger. Looks good on the wrist.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That looks huge for a 40. What size is your wrist?
Sponsored