Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Was on vacation in Europe over Christmas and picked up two new pieces to add to my collection.

Grand Seiko SBGA229

Been eying this diver for a while and by chance ran into a Grand Seiko boutique in London while out and about. I asked specifically if they had this model in stock and they did! I tried it on and loved it and had to have it.

IMG_0196.JPG

Omega x Swatch - Moonswatch

I flew to Vegas for this one on release day and didnt get one. Finally found one on the other side of the world during our trip. Picked it up at the store in Bilbao, Spain.

IMG_0336.JPG

Tudor Black Bay GMT

I also picked up this Tudor BB GMT back in October. Sold a few of my lesser worn watches and added this to the collection after wanting one for a long time.

DSC01265.JPG
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Damn, amazing watches I love the Sieko.

The 55th Anniversary Silver Snoopy prices have been steadily dropping which is great. It was $50k at one point but now it has dropped to the low $20k range. Which is alot more reasonable. Hopefully it'll dip down to the $15k range before the end of the year.

I don't care if it used or not but that will definitely be my next purchase. I just love everything about it.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Damn, amazing watches I love the Sieko.

The 55th Anniversary Silver Snoopy prices have been steadily dropping which is great. It was $50k at one point but now it has dropped to the low $20k range. Which is alot more reasonable. Hopefully it'll dip down to the $15k range before the end of the year.

I don't care if it used or not but that will definitely be my next purchase. I just love everything about it.

Thanks, I had my choice between the Hi Beat variant and the Spring Drive and given it is my first GS, I had to go with Spring Drive. The thing is absurdly accurate, I've been keeping track and it averages + 0.1 sec/day.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
To you guys that have an Omega time piece and a Rolex. Are these brands very comparable as far as quality, craftsmanship and looks? I've heard from other people, who service these watches, outside of sending it to the factory, these two brands are very comparable with each other, and the Omega arguably has a better movement?

Thoughts?......

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To you guys that have an Omega time piece and a Rolex. Are these brands very comparable as far as quality, craftsmanship and looks? I've heard from other people, who service these watches, outside of sending it to the factory, these two brands are very comparable with each other, and the Omega arguably has a better movement?

Thoughts?......
Man, that's a tough question. Both brands make some awesome watches and have a long and illustrious history. Although I've never been a Rolex fan, styling wise, their craftsmanship is beyond reproach. Now I love Omega and finally got my Speedy Pro last year.

Now there are two major factors that have been responsible for a number Rolex fans moving to other top brands. Cost and availability. Up until last year you couldn't just walk into an authorized dealer and buy most Rolex models. They just weren't available. Now you could get them on the gray market at severely inflated prices. Things are getting better this year but at the end of the day only you can justify the additional cost of a Rolex versus another top brand. Without a doubt they are certainly a status symbol if that matters to you. If not other brands do come to mind. Grand Seiko is one of them but there are so many others.

On a final note. Many people think that Rolex is the end of all of luxury watches. Well that is far from the truth. Hard to believe that a watch that can cost $10,000 to $20,000 could not be considered top the line but it's true. Here are a couple of excellent watch websites that give you a better idea of what a real high end watch is all about.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/#gref
https://www.hodinkee.com/

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1

Thoughts?......
Very good question. Both are mass produced and good quality. Rolex develops and makes their movements in-house. Not sure that is the case for Omega. But that doesn't mean their movements are worse.

Mostly depends on which brand and design you prefer. Rolex is an upcharge in most cases but should also retain value better. Omega should be easier to obtain from a dealer. I say buy what sings more to you.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Thoughts?......
From my limited experience with both, I really like the overall looks and mechanics of my Omega Seamaster. I know both have a long history, and Rolex is a higher dollar figure than Omega, but I enjoy the Omega more. Again, my opinion, and that being said I would really like a blue sky dweller.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Okay so this just happened today. Trying to loop in the strap and it the bottom half of the securement loop literally just popped out. After I took these pictures I actually was able to strap in the watch, because I just put the loop back in the hole, so I guess for now its good now? Was wondering what should I do.

Anybody had this happen to them before?

I've been wearing this watch so much thats its starting to age apparently šŸ˜…

1675878273199.png

1675878287960.png

1675878301526.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Okay so this just happened today. Trying to loop in the strap and it the bottom half of the securement loop literally just popped out. After I took these pictures I actually was able to strap in the watch, because I just put the loop back in the hole, so I guess for now its good now? Was wondering what should I do.

1675878273199.png

1675878287960.png

1675878301526.png
A touch of hot glue or super glue should do it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My dream watch is a Patek Philippe. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll get one but itā€™s by far my favorite time piece.
Can you dream this big. Remember what I said about Rolex not being the end all for luxury watches?

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

1675878273199.png

1675878287960.png

1675878301526.png
Time for a new watch! (Pun intended) Dangerous watch to wear now, and it will never be the same. I'll take it off your hands to go towards the purchase of a Tudor Pellagos. Because it's not wearable on the strap I won't pay top dollar. :crazy: Never be the same again.

I'm so finicky I'd just order a new strap. Hate when stuff like that happens.
Sponsored

Last edited: