Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Congrats on getting your 1st Omega. Your wife picked a great one. Don't be afraid to wear it. Remember, it's just a tool watch. :giggle::like::clap:
Thanks @Bikeman315 , my 12 YO wears it more than me. Heck he is the watch collector, he has Bulova, Tissot, Raymond Weil, and so many others I cannot count. He knows more than most men when it comes to watches.

I will have to post a picture of his collection.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
By the way if you act fast. The "other" Moon watch.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Lunar...76-86d6-38e4d236e71e&pd_rd_i=B01AJE2WAW&psc=1

Product Description
Bulova made space history on August 2, 1971--during the Apollo 15 mission, a moon pilot chronograph, customized for lunar conditions by Bulova engineers, was worn on the moon. Now Bulova makes history again with the special edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph, updated with our exclusive high performance quartz movement with a frequency of 262 kHz for unparalleled accuracy, continuing a history of precision timing. Features include super-luminous hands and markers, anti-reflective sapphire glass, tachymeter and calendar all housed in a sandblasted solid 316L surgical-grade stainless steel case in silver-tone with black dial. Two interchangeable straps are included -- one a textured black leather; the other, a black nylon with a nubuck leather patch that commemorates the date of mission (DOM) as 08021971. Gift-box presentation includes a Certificate of Authenticity.

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi Chris. I actually have seven Invicta's. All from the ShopNBC heyday. I had some others but either sold them or gave them away. Actually met the owner Ayal Halo a couple of times.

The two in the upper left corner are automatics. The silver one is actually a ETA 2824. Then you have the two Lupah's (I aways loved these) and three Pro Divers.

One thing though, Invicta cannot really be considered a microbrand. They are mass produced watches made in China. Steinhart, Christopher Ward, Halois, & MKII are good examples of a micro brand.
https://teddybaldassarre.com/blogs/watches/microbrand-watches-complete-guide
https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a39825129/best-independent-and-microbrand-watches-2022/

IMG_4155.jpg
Thanks! BTW, I did misspeak, Invicta has been around for a long, long time (Pun Intended.) I have seen some 40's and 50's era Chronographs on eBay I have bid on. They demand high prices when found. You are definitely right, they are not a Microbrand. I will add that they are a gateway into more pricier wristwatches! I guess I may not be a true "watch snob" because I find Invicta does a good job, detailed dials, reasonably good lume, and decent automatic movements from ETA and Seiko. Aside from their Retail/On Sale Pricing, a solid pick that is very durable. Their funky pricing though detracts from their appeal.

As far as Microbrands that I really like:

Monta (none yet), Spinnaker (1), Zelos (have two so far), Raven, Unimatic, LIV (have 1 so Far), Really like Christopher Ward, GPW, and many others. Halios are nice, don't have one yet.

I look at watches as items of passing on to my kids, I think a healthy running Mechanical watch is always an heirloom.

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
By the way if you act fast. The "other" Moon watch.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulova-Lunar...76-86d6-38e4d236e71e&pd_rd_i=B01AJE2WAW&psc=1

Product Description
Bulova made space history on August 2, 1971--during the Apollo 15 mission, a moon pilot chronograph, customized for lunar conditions by Bulova engineers, was worn on the moon. Now Bulova makes history again with the special edition Lunar Pilot Chronograph, updated with our exclusive high performance quartz movement with a frequency of 262 kHz for unparalleled accuracy, continuing a history of precision timing. Features include super-luminous hands and markers, anti-reflective sapphire glass, tachymeter and calendar all housed in a sandblasted solid 316L surgical-grade stainless steel case in silver-tone with black dial. Two interchangeable straps are included -- one a textured black leather; the other, a black nylon with a nubuck leather patch that commemorates the date of mission (DOM) as 08021971. Gift-box presentation includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
Nice watch and very accurate, but, follow the instructions to a T when you buy it and replace batteries. Replaced the battery on mine and busted the chronograph, need to send it in.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! BTW, I did misspeak, Invicta has been around for a long, long time (Pun Intended.) I have seen some 40's and 50's era Chronographs on eBay I have bid on. They demand high prices when found. You are definitely right, they are not a Microbrand. I will add that they are a gateway into more pricier wristwatches! I guess I may not be a true "watch snob" because I find Invicta does a good job, detailed dials, reasonably good lume, and decent automatic movements from ETA and Seiko. Aside from their Retail/On Sale Pricing, a solid pick that is very durable. Their funky pricing though detracts from their appeal.

As far as Microbrands that I really like:

Monta (none yet), Spinnaker (1), Zelos (have two so far), Raven, Unimatic, LIV (have 1 so Far), Really like Christopher Ward, GPW, and many others. Halios are nice, don't have one yet.

I look at watches as items of passing on to my kids, I think a healthy running Mechanical watch is always an heirloom.
Just FYI, the original Invicta has been gone for decades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invicta_Watch_Group
https://www.totalwatchrepair.com/blogs/resources-and-tips/the-history-of-invicta

I think this is funny.
https://www.dmarge.com/shaq-invicta-watches-ugly

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not fancy or expensive compared to some stuff on here, but very valuable to me ...

My 21st present of mum and dad :

1606769925696.jpeg

It originally had the black resin strap and I wore it every day for everything - water skiing, out on the pop etc. Only time it got taken off was when the back of the strap needed cleaning ... :puke:

Completely trashed it, finished it off climbing up a rendered balcony on a lads holiday (full of pop) and it had turned so the face was on the inside of my wrist ...

Sat in my draw for years until I got it refurbished with a new strap, new face, new bezel, casing polish, service and a new battery.

The refurb was more than the watch cost originally. I think original cost was ÂŁ160 (metal strap version ÂŁ220 ish ?).

I still have the original box and paperwork etc, plus all the rework paperwork (done by tags service centre).

It was big back in the day, but by modern standards it’s tiny and looks like a ladies watch ... :cwl:

WD :like:
Big family occasion coming up so time for a new battery, I thought you guys might appreciate some pictures :like:

Still got everything from new, bought four days before my 21st, for my 21st and it’s now over 26 years old :

1669241554683.jpeg

The second box is from when Tag refurbished it (new glass, bezel and strap, re polished the case, serviced it and a new battery).

I must have lost weight since last time it was out, I needed to remove a link :

1669241792896.jpeg

I left the strap off for the battery guy and then refitted it once done.

Back together and the UV torch making it sing :

1669241922109.jpeg

For it’s time it was a chunky watch when it was first bought, now its size takes some getting used too after wearing a GPS / heart rate / multi sport watch for a few years … lol

1669242032950.jpeg

WD :like:

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
To you loyal Rolex guys out there. Can I walk into an AD and make a purchase if they have available stock in store, or will I be told I have to fill out some paperwork and get on a waiting list..........

Just curious.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
To you loyal Rolex guys out there. Can I walk into an AD and make a purchase if they have available stock in store, or will I be told I have to fill out some paperwork and get on a waiting list..........

Just curious.
If the AD has want you want they will sell to you at MSRP. If you are looking for one of the watches that are current not available then you go on the waiting list. And if you are not already an established client of the AD be prepared for a very long wait.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
If the AD has want you want they will sell to you at MSRP. If you are looking for one of the watches that are current not available then you go on the waiting list. And if you are not already an established client of the AD be prepared for a very long wait.

From after doing some reading earlier, I got the impression if your not an established client they would not even sell to you even if they have stock........

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
From after doing some reading earlier, I got the impression if your not an established client they would not even sell to you even if they have stock........
Well that really depends on the dealer. I’m sure Rolex would have an issue with this if it happened and it was reported to them. But it is reports of these types of issues which is pushing a lot of folks to consider other top brands where there are no such problems.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yea, I think I may go down to Omega, not far down the street from Rolex. Equal or better quality for less.

No wonder the Gray Market for Rolex is so insane, it's huge! Who wants to deal with that kind of service? Not many it seems........

tengizpine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fox
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
This Breitling Chronomat Raven SE looks really nice, actually. I thought all the classy watches looked boring and too official, but these look like something I would wear on a daily basis.
I’ve just got an idea to invest some money in my watch. Not only for the sake of my image but also to be able to pawn the watch in case of an emergency. There are places in London like this pawn store for luxury timepieces that accept such luxury things. It seems a sane idea because I can never know what will happen to me tomorrow. Maybe I will lose everything, and the only thing I will still own is this watch.
I got this idea from pirates that used to wear golden earrings that were used to pay for the funerals of pirates who died at sea.
Sponsored