Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
OK, now listen to me...........TAKE A BREATH, it's only a watch. Yes, of course it's frustrating, but you have come this far to back out of buying it from an AD. There may be nothing wrong with Jomashop but I'd rather always buy from an AD, just in case. The 5 year warranty is not worth the few dollars saved.

Now here is an idea. Go to your AD. Tell them you want a conference call with the Tudor rep. Their response might be all you need to know. If they start making excuses for why they can't do that, then you might be concerned you're getting screwed.

Btw, quick fix for your Breitling....sell it and get a Seamaster.
Man, I didn't realize how big that watch is on his wrist. I could never do that.
1625065273543.png

Actually not as big as I thought.

1625065391721.png
Okay thanks I'll do that. I'll wait until Friday before I call. I feel like a sucker that just got stood up lol. I know that sometimes I internalize issues and overreact so I am trying to not do that, but I will admit my patience is running out.

Yeah the watch is a bit weird. The pictures can be a bit misleading because of the angle. I think my issue is that my wrists are circular so they look smaller? My wrists are about 7 inches so a 41mm should fit me no problem. I watched some videos about watch/wrist sizing and I saw that lug to lug is a good metric to use, but this is even more confusing. The Omega Seamaster (talking about the rubber strap one) has a lug to lug of 50mm, while the Breitling is 48mm. The Seamaster even has a bigger diameter (42mm) so I honestly don't know why it fits better on me than the Breitling unless I am getting something wrong. I guess Breitling does something weird with their dimensions. When I go back and I'll look at the Semaster and really inspect it for sizing but it felt really well when I put it on. The Breitling isn't flush on my wrists it has a slight cant to it. I got sucked it the hype plus I didn't really know any better to be honest
Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
18849E98-8CF2-4F5A-BD12-15B39584DD67.jpeg
Speaking of impulse buys… Custom Seiko that just showed up. I’m such a sucker for bronze…

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Okay thanks I'll do that. I'll wait until Friday before I call. I feel like a sucker that just got stood up lol. I know that sometimes I internalize issues and overreact so I am trying to not do that, but I will admit my patience is running out.

Yeah the watch is a bit weird. The pictures can be a bit misleading because of the angle. I think my issue is that my wrists are circular so they look smaller? My wrists are about 7 inches so a 41mm should fit me no problem. I watched some videos about watch/wrist sizing and I saw that lug to lug is a good metric to use, but this is even more confusing. The Omega Seamaster (talking about the rubber strap one) has a lug to lug of 50mm, while the Breitling is 48mm. The Seamaster even has a bigger diameter (42mm) so I honestly don't know why it fits better on me than the Breitling unless I am getting something wrong. I guess Breitling does something weird with their dimensions. When I go back and I'll look at the Semaster and really inspect it for sizing but it felt really well when I put it on. The Breitling isn't flush on my wrists it has a slight cant to it. I got sucked it the hype plus I didn't really know any better to be honest
It's all about the lugs..Learned that a long time ago.

So empty wrist (7 1/2").

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2850.jpeg

My Seamaster (41MM)
IMG_2851.jpeg

IMG_2852.jpeg

My Superocean (45mm)
IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_2854.jpeg

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tudor finally came in thank God. Minutes after I called on Thursday they told me that my watch came in after nearly 6 months of waiting. The salesmen at the store said that its the first time they ever seen a blue BB58 w/ the soft strap.

I also think I found out what's wrong with my Brietling. I spoke to the jewelry and after talking to him and trying it on we found out the issue is the strap. The alligator leather strap is huge and very thick so the watch doesn't contour my wrist. You can see how massive the strap is compared to Tudor. makes a strap that is calf skin called the military strap, its way more softer and comfortable. I tried on a way bigger watch that had the strap and it felt perfect. The strap is blue and has white stitching, similar to what's already on it so it will look really nice. It'll come in next week. So I'll be keeping the Breitling after all 😁

20210702_140125.jpg

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The Tudor finally came in thank God. Minutes after I called on Thursday they told me that my watch came in after nearly 6 months of waiting. The salesmen at the store said that its the first time they ever seen a blue BB58 w/ the soft strap.

I also think I found out what's wrong with my Brietling. I spoke to the jewelry and after talking to him and trying it on we found out the issue is the strap. The alligator leather strap is huge and very thick so the watch doesn't contour my wrist. You can see how massive the strap is compared to Tudor. makes a strap that is calf skin called the military strap, its way more softer and comfortable. I tried on a way bigger watch and it felt perfect. The strap is blue and has white stitching, similar to what's already on it. So it will look really nice. It'll come in next week. So I'll be keeping the Breitling 😁

20210702_140125.jpg
Looks fantastic, Congrats!

Buy the way…. I told you so. :like: :clap: :crackup:

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely love 1911s. First pistol I ever bought. I just have a standard Springfield 1911A1. I never held a custom one but I heard they are amazing. My next purchase is going to be a 9mm 2011. Haven't decided on who to get it from.
I have a small 1911 collection…currently at 7.
Latest is a CMP Remington Rand 1911A1, service condition. Built June 1945. I was fortunate to get this during the first CMP lottery in 2018 -2019. Was able to trace it back to 1976 after first rebuild at Anniston Through FOIA. Others are Cabot 104S, colt GCT, colt Delta Elite in 10mm, smith Wesson series e engraved, sig Emporer Scorpian and Kimber raptor II. All full size and 45ACP Except the delta. They eat up my watch budget 😂

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350

I also think I found out what's wrong with my Brietling. I spoke to the jewelry and after talking to him and trying it on we found out the issue is the strap. The alligator leather strap is huge and very thick so the watch doesn't contour my wrist. You can see how massive the strap is compared to Tudor. makes a strap that is calf skin called the military strap, its way more softer and comfortable. I tried on a way bigger watch that had the strap and it felt perfect. The strap is blue and has white stitching, similar to what's already on it so it will look really nice. It'll come in next week. So I'll be keeping the Breitling after all 😁

20210702_140125.jpg

Very nice!

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

20210702_140125.jpg
Congrats on finally taking delivery! That's a great combo, definitely worth the wait.

I was going to suggest changing straps on the Breitling. That's half the addiction - finding the right strap for you and for your watches. A great strap can breathe new life into almost any watch, and I'll have a bracelet, leather, and some sort of NATO strap for almost everything I own. NATO's are great because they're so light, flexible, and wear so cool. That's a big deal for me in TX where the bigger watches I wear can feel pretty hot because they're not breathing on my skin. That Tudor is going to be awesome on a NATO in different shades of blue, gray, brown, and of course OD green. Rock it!

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I think I fixed the problem with my Breitling, and I feel so stupid now lol.

The Breitling has a tang buckle. After I got the flat watch roll I quickly noticed that they don't really work with watches that are leather with tang buckles because they don't fold down completely unless you fully disconnect the clasp. Me being lazy, I never fully disconnected the clasp and just wedged the watch in the roll. At the time I didn't think anything of it but now I believe this altered the leather and made the top half (where the dial is) unbendable which is why is wasn't contouring properly. The watch had been in its box, wrapped around the circular roll that it came with so I believe that made the leather conform and contour around the dial.

I just went to the Jewel yesterday because the new strap came in. I wore it there and was going to show them how the dial flops over time (it would always flop over with driving). To my surprise when I put it on it actually felt tight and contoured, it felt a lot like the BB58. I went to the store anyways just to see and I declined on the new strap and stayed with the original. I had to do errands afterwards and the watch stayed put the whole time. I see that the extra flak is now at the bottom around the clasp and not at the top. I can actually see the bend around the dial now.

Seems like I need a watch roll that is circular rolls and not one that is flat, or just don't be a lazy POS and completely pull out the clasp 😆

This actually what I need, what do you guys think of it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGR9NT...&pd_rd_r=4ca27855-bc6b-49cd-9a22-daf8a178611a

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So I think I fixed the problem with my Breitling, and I feel so stupid now lol.

The Breitling has a tang buckle. After I got the flat watch roll I quickly noticed that they don't really work with watches that are leather with tang buckles because they don't fold down completely unless you fully disconnect the clasp. Me being lazy, I never fully disconnected the clasp and just wedged the watch in the roll. At the time I didn't think anything of it but now I believe this altered the leather and made the top half (where the dial is) unbendable which is why is wasn't contouring properly. The watch had been in its box, wrapped around the circular roll that it came with so I believe that made the leather conform and contour around the dial.

I just went to the Jewel yesterday because the new strap came in. I wore it there and was going to show them how the dial flops over time (it would always flop over with driving). To my surprise when I put it on it actually felt tight and contoured, it felt a lot like the BB58. I went to the store anyways just to see and I declined on the new strap and stayed with the original. I had to do errands afterwards and the watch stayed put the whole time. I see that the extra flak is now at the bottom around the clasp and not at the top. I can actually see the bend around the dial now.

Seems like I need a watch roll that is circular rolls and not one that is flat, or just don't be a lazy POS and completely pull out the clasp 😆

This actually what I need, what do you guys think of it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGR9NT...&pd_rd_r=4ca27855-bc6b-49cd-9a22-daf8a178611a
Glad to see you finally figured out what the issue was. As far a the case it's very nice but there is really no need to spend that much (unless you want too). Mine is from Amazon, going on over 12 years old and sill in pretty good shape. I think it cost me around $60/$70 at the time. There are a lot of highly reviewed nice boxes on Amazon for half the price of the one you listed.

IMG_2871.jpg

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see you finally figured out what the issue was. As far a the case it's very nice but there is really no need to spend that much (unless you want too). Mine is from Amazon, going on over 12 years old and sill in pretty good shape. I think it cost me around $60/$70 at the time. There are a lot of highly reviewed nice boxes on Amazon for half the price of the one you listed.

IMG_2871.jpg
Okay thanks I'll look into it more, I don't know why watch rolls can easily be so expensive.

Do you have a travel case? I feel like they are only good in theory. If I was to travel I would rather just wear one watch on my wrist and not bring any extra because I wouldn't want to lose or forget them. Seems like it can be a liability.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Okay thanks I'll look into it more, I don't know why watch rolls can easily be so expensive.

Do you have a travel case? I feel like they are only good in theory. If I was to travel I would rather just wear one watch on my wrist and not bring any extra because I wouldn't want to lose or forget them. Seems like it can be a liability.
Sure do. Used it all the time when I was on the road for more than a week.

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

IMG_2871.jpg
Nice Collection, see a couple of Seiko Monsters, a Yema and a Bell & Ross?

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone out there interested in Microbrands? Zelos, Liv or others?
Sponsored