Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That thing has too much crap on it. The regular Aston looks much cleaner. Or, they let some employee spend too much time in the JC Whitney catalogue. LOL.
It is a one off custom for a very well heeled customer. Could be seven figures. Bet he could afford the watch. :giggle: :like:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a one off custom for a very well heeled customer. Could be seven figures. Bet he could afford the watch. :giggle: :like:
Well heeled...haven’t heard that one for as long as I haven’t seen a JC Whitney catalog.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I don't know if we're still talking about watches here but...

We've been very blessed. The business grew tremendously last year and I finally started collecting the watches I wanted. I took this shot of my winder this morning. The diamond bezel Air King is my wife's.

On deck are the new Speedy Moon Watch and the Tudor Black Bay Chrono with the Panda dial. I don't have a promised delivery date on either so I'm just waiting.

I can't get the time of day from any Rolex AD unless I buy my wife every bauble in the store so there does not appear to be a Daytona in my immediate future outside of the gray market where they are going for $35k... Not even if I could.

thumbnail_IMG_3480.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

We've been very blessed. The business grew tremendously last year and I finally started collecting the watches I wanted. I took this shot of my winder this morning. The diamond bezel Air King is my wife's.

On deck are the new Speedy Moon Watch and the Tudor Black Bay Chrono with the Panda dial. I don't have a promised delivery date on either so I'm just waiting.

I can't get the time of day from any Rolex AD unless I buy my wife every bauble in the store so there does not appear to be a Daytona in my immediate future outside of the gray market where they are going for $35k... Not even if I could.

thumbnail_IMG_3480.jpg
Love that Omega!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

thumbnail_IMG_3480.jpg
That’s going to be two great additions to your collection. Which movement are you getting for the Omega?

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Love that Omega!
The only other Omega I ever had was a Flightmaster back in the late 70's. That thing was gigantic! I took it off to go in the pool of the apartment where I lived back then and forgot it, never to be seen again.

But there truly is something about the heft of the Omega that's comforting in a way. Can't wait to see the Moon Watch show up at my doorstep.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
That’s going to be two great additions to your collection. Which movement are you getting for the Omega?
It's the 310.30.42.50.01.002.

I could have bought it a month ago (I called and they had 2...) but I couldn't do it right then so now's there's a waiting list (somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks the guy said...)

The Tudor? Who knows? The AD had no idea.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350

thumbnail_IMG_3480.jpg

Very nice!

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I agree with the watch upper limits, my Breitling Chronomat that my wife gave me was/is my dream watch and I would not buy anything else even if I was a millionaire. IMO at some point, a watch is just a watch and above that they become jewelry.

Sad part is, a $10 digital is far more accurate than even the certified B01 movement that is in my Breitling!

Also, 99% of the time I wear my Chase Durer UDT 1000XL (ie....the Burn Notice watch), which is far harder to find than the Breitling. Part of me says leave it in the box as it is in collector condition but, it's just too nice to not wear.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Damnit, I KNOW these things are extravagances but they're just so... amazing in their design and construction. And they're appreciating like crazy right now (especially the Rolexes). I know that will likely stop someday but, right now, it's just fun to be a part of.
Sponsored