BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

TicTocTach

Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
There's no model number that I can find, just the serial number and proof marks on the inside of the case. I've never seen a pocket watch like this before, so I have no idea even what timeframe it is from. Guessing between 1930-1950 since the movement is similar to some of the big Unitas pocket watch movements from that timeframe. That's at least a decade before the Heuer-Leonidas merger noted in the link above.
51118596723_64f868a92b_b.jpg
Leonidas Pocket Watch Conversion by clair_davis, on Flickr

Here's an aircraft cockpit clock I have that uses the same movement:
8707636160_88326bea69_c.jpg
Leonidas_Chrono_1-2109-001 by clair_davis, on Flickr

And another pocket watch I found without a case:
13552965485_70fc6b7a0a_c.jpg
Leonidas_Chrono_2109-1-11 by clair_davis, on Flickr

I don't have any other info on either of those, but I'm glad to finally have one I can wear.

Advertisement

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just made my first entry into the nice watch world. I figured this one would be a good starter watch. SPB209

SPB209.jpg
Congrats. Excellent choice. A 21st century interpretation of a late 1950’s Seiko. Love the gold indices and stylized Mercedes hands. Wear it well! 👍

TicTocTach

Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Just made my first entry into the nice watch world. I figured this one would be a good starter watch. SPB209

SPB209.jpg
Congrats! My first nice watch was a Seiko as well. You are now officially on a slippery slope...

feeny1701

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 Shelby GT350, '21 GMC Canyon Denali LB
Oh I can see the slippery slope. I'm already eyeballing Grand Seikos. Their spring drive is very intriguing to me because I work with electric motors and understand the electromagnetic braking. I'm also throughly impressed with their Hi-Beat movement. Slippery slope indeed.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Oh I can see the slippery slope. I'm already eyeballing Grand Seikos. Their spring drive is very intriguing to me because I work with electric motors and understand the electromagnetic braking. I'm also throughly impressed with their Hi-Beat movement. Slippery slope indeed.
Just in case you need a little push......
Top $2600 Bottom $103,000

1618920367465.png

1618920450371.png

RPDBlueMoon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition
I am pretty deadset on this being my next purchase. I saw it in person and I really like the sharp looks and the movement. I don't really know the full details of other watch movements but the spring drive visually looks the most distinct imo. Its also blue so that really drew me in too. I would buy it now but I just spend the same amount of money on two other blue watches lol. I want to enjoy them before I add this to my collection. Maybe I'll save this for my next milestone.

SBGA407.png

OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I am pretty deadset on this being my next purchase. I saw it in person and I really like the sharp looks and the movement. I don't really know the full details of other watch movements but the spring drive visually looks the most distinct imo. Its also blue so that really drew me in too. I would buy it now but I just spend the same amount of money on two other blue watches lol. I want to enjoy them before I add this to my collection. Maybe I'll save this for my next milestone.

SBGA407.png

Nice!

IPOGT

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang FP/GT 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400

SBGA407.png
Not my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy it.
Although I really like Seiko, to me it looks like too much like my fathers timex.

TicTocTach

Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Not my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy it.
Although I really like Seiko, to me it looks like too much like my fathers timex.
It’s definitely understated, and one of those watches that will disappoint if you’re looking for attention. The folks that know will be “wow, you never see those!” and everyone else that even notices will just see a nice Seiko.

I kind of like it that way, though. I don’t need the extra attention from John Q. Public, but I’ll gladly talk watches with anyone who appreciates a nice watch.

TicTocTach

Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Just got this one back from service, and I finished her off with a new crystal and gaskets. Now to find a nicer band for her. From 1972, and she’s running at -1.2 seconds per day on wrist.
228B9D6F-0F7E-4192-BF75-A10A6AF935B4.jpeg

IPOGT

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Just got this one back from service, and I finished her off with a new crystal and gaskets. Now to find a nicer band for her. From 1972, and she’s running at -1.2 seconds per day on wrist.
That’s cool. I’ve seen that watch before when I was a youngster.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So cool. My dad had one of the originals. Unfortunately it was lost and never found. Good luck on your band hunt. You have anything in mind?

IPOGT

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
It’s definitely understated, and one of those watches that will disappoint if you’re looking for attention. The folks that know will be “wow, you never see those!” and everyone else that even notices will just see a nice Seiko.

I kind of like it that way, though. I don’t need the extra attention from John Q. Public, but I’ll gladly talk watches with anyone who appreciates a nice watch.
Lately, I really like the Tudor Pelagos, or another Breitling Superocean but with a yellow dial.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 6

Advertisement