Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Just got exklusive news from a very reliable source about the european MY2021. I can't say for sure what this means for US models, but I think we get some clues for that here too

Production of MY2021 starts January 04th 2021, first Mustangs will arrive around March at dealers.

If you still want a MY2020, you can order it until June 26th.
Production of MY2020 will end on September 30th (I'm sure this will be the same for US models)
Because of new emission standards, MY2020 can only be registered until December 31th, afterwards only the refresh models can be registered in Europe.

But maybe the biggest news: The 2.3l Ecoboost engine will not be available anymore with MY2021 in Europe.
I don't have any statement if the ecoboost get replaced, but to me it seems likely that Ford could reveal a Hybrid model that they already teased years ago. It's also pretty interesting what that could mean for US models.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good info, thanks Ace.

Can't say as I'm surprised at losing the Ecoboost.........losing the automatic version last year (at least here in the UK) was the first nail in the coffin.

I assume the 4th Jan date refers to Euro model builds.........Flat Rock closes for a week from August 3rd for the Summer Shutdown, and that's when the new model changeover occurs. Makes sense, as the US always get the new model years first, especially dealer stock. So that doesn't tie in with your date.......but of course, everything is subject to change.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Here's where that 3rd August date comes from:

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/f...4n_pZp_OQ802sgVG_2dL9vbB6_cZ0Qi5Mf9kNWnONB2HU

The news comes to us from a UAW memo that recently made its way online, revealing that a handful of U.S. Ford assembly plants will go with a one-week summer shutdown this year, as opposed to the typical two-week shutdown. The plants that will trim their stoppage time to one week include:

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yes, all informations are for the EU builds and I can absolutely ensure that these dates are correct. So maybe they build the EU MY2020 a bit further after the summer shutdown to get all of their orders complete, since moving orders to MY2021 seems quite impossible

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Certainly I recall in the UK, particularly between the '16 and '17 model year changeover, some people were asked to select a new color as their '16 color that they'd ordered (ie Competition Orange) was no longer available. Of course, demand was much higher back then. Also, I guess it depends on just how dramatic the changes are between the '20 and '21MY..........will they receive a new 10" screen for Sync 4? That would complicate matters.

The ordering/scheduling/building process makes my brain hurt :crazy:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
And now imagine ordering an Ecoboost and now your engine is not longer available
Also transfering orders to MY2021 would result in a pretty long time to wait for the customer. A customer who ordered his car in early 2020 will then receive his car not before march 2021, that's quite bad

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped selling the Mustang altogether in Europe, with all the ongoing European insanity about average emissions and crap like that. But to kill the Ecoboost and retain the V8 is really surprising, because I would imagine that the V8 would be the tough one to sell here, not the EB. Or maybe it's not about emissions, but rather about the EB eating into the Focus RS sales? Maybe they want to encourage people who want a 2.3 turbo to get the RS, and to make the Mustang more exclusive? Who knows...

I'm also not sure about this:
Production of MY2021 starts January 04th 2021, first Mustangs will arrive around March at dealers.
If we're talking about European Mustangs, then how can they start production in January and have the cars at the dealers in March? This doesn't add up.

phantom214

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
mustang
If they had to remove EB from the line up due to new CO2 emission regulation, don't they have to remove V8 5.0?
Camaro SS is banned, Supra is banned, I don't know how Ford is going to bring in V8 models in Europe in 2021.
I personally hope they continue to sell V8 5.0 model at the overseas market in 2021.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, makes ZERO sense that the I-4 EB is out, and the V8 is not. Something else is going on if that's the case.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
If we're talking about European Mustangs, then how can they start production in January and have the cars at the dealers in March? This doesn't add up.
8-12 weeks from production to arriving at the dealers is absolutely possible.

If they had to remove EB from the line up due to new CO2 emission regulation, don't they have to remove V8 5.0?
Camaro SS is banned, Supra is banned, I don't know how Ford is going to bring in V8 models in Europe in 2021.
I personally hope they continue to sell V8 5.0 model at the overseas market in 2021.
Where do get your informations from? Camaro started selling Europe again this year, C8 Corvette is coming next year with the LT2 V8 engine, Supra is also sold in Europe.

Sponsored

phantom214

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
mustang

Where do get your informations from? Camaro started selling Europe again this year, C8 Corvette is coming next year with the LT2 V8 engine, Supra is also sold in Europe.
Here,

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2021-toyota-gr-supra-banned-in-europe-at-full-spec/

and here,

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/new-c7-corvette-and-camaro-ss-sales-to-be-illegal-in-europe/

https://jalopnik.com/europeans-have-just-three-months-left-to-experience-the-1835375746

just google "supra banned in europe," and "camaro banned in europe"

you will see A LOT

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, looks like you poor souls will only be getting just that POS MACH-E in 2021... enjoy your “Mustang”....

LMFAO...:devil:

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Yeah, makes ZERO sense that the I-4 EB is out, and the V8 is not. Something else is going on if that's the case.
Maybe 3.5L Ecoboost!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not in Europe. Two months is the bare minimum for the models manufactured in Spain, if you're lucky - usually it's about three, unless nothing unexpected happens. There's no way they can achieve that with the Mustang, which has to cross the ocean first, then go to Belgium for fine tuning. The normal waiting time for 2020MY, before the corona crisis, was seven months. I doubt they can reduce that to just two and a half. I would be thrilled if that were possible, but I really doubt it.

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
But to kill the Ecoboost and retain the V8 is really surprising, because I would imagine that the V8 would be the tough one to sell here, not the EB.
V8 is selling 2:1 against the EB in Europe because everyone wants the real mustang also lot's of Manual Mustangs here.
Sponsored