Sponsored

Breaking down the maintenance forum into 3 different forums?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Just wanted to throw an Idea out and see if you liked it. Would it be a good idea to break up the Maintenance forum into three different ones instead? I know i'ts small right now but it will grow a lot in another year or two.

My three suggestions would be:

A DIY thread.

A General Maintenance thread for servicing fluids and such, and scheduled maintenance.

And most importantly a separate thread for Problems, Repairs, Warranty Claims, TSB's, and Recalls.

Really you could maybe combine DIY and General Maintenance if ya want to. However they could be good by themselves as well. I do think that Problems and recalls and such should have their own forum.
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Great idea. I like it!

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
And most importantly a separate thread for Problems, Repairs, Warranty Claims, TSB's, and Recalls.

I do think that Problems and recalls and such should have their own forum.
This isn't a Camaro/Corvette forum....:headbonk:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DivineStrike

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
But it's also a lot harder to find the help you are looking for in a gigantic maintenance thread filled with a lot extra stuff. I expect this forum to get quite popular and a lot of threads could get pushed out of view quickly and many more duplicate threads due to this. I personally hate looking at a giant MX forum without any kind of organization (and i'm not a very organized person so that's saying something lol). Plus if that turns out to be the case it is also a lot easier to combine forums than split them up once everything gets rolling when there's 100's of threads in a forum.

This allow's someone looking for doing mx yourself to ask and look for info in a consolidated forum. As well as common warranty or TSB issues, and then there's oil...that's gonna be a popular one lol

But I agree to a point there's a fine balance in what makes a specific forum useful. Some forums have way too many.

I've also seen forums have a smaller subforum, such as maintenance for example, have it's 3 separate forums underneath it. which is another option, but time will tell really it's extremely early in this forums life to really know.
Sponsored