Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was thinking of grabbing a 350 next year but I'm definitely keeping my eyes on this.

If we get a t56, and some of the 350 goodies, I'd jump on it.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
probably a $65k price tag, Ford needs to make an affordable supercar in the corvette category...mid engine v8 monster that rivals the new c8...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
probably a $65k price tag, Ford needs to make an affordable supercar in the corvette category...mid engine v8 monster that rivals the new c8...
Ford already makes a couple Mustang models that are faster than the C8. GT350 and GT500.

But I would love to see Ford make a new version of the Pantera. Ford GT is too far above and beyond the C8 - no rivalry there.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Ford already makes a couple Mustang models that are faster than the C8. GT350 and GT500.

But I would love to see Ford make a new version of the Pantera. Ford GT is too far above and beyond the C8 - no rivalry there.
Depends on how you define faster. 0-60 or top speed no. Quarter mile or roll racing yes for GT500, not GT350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Depends on how you define faster. 0-60 or top speed no. Quarter mile or roll racing yes for GT500, not GT350.
I figured I would get a reply from you on that one. You are 100% correct. I always think in terms of road course performance, not street racing or 1/4 mile.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I figured I would get a reply from you on that one. You are 100% correct. I always think in terms of road course performance, not street racing or 1/4 mile.
As far as road course performance, the one guy that has one of each gets better times with his C8.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
If it's the most track capable 5.0 ever then almost by definition it has to be offered with a auto or DCT since those cars would get around the track the fastest. At least, hoping that logic applies....

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
If it's the most track capable 5.0 ever then almost by definition it has to be offered with a auto or DCT since those cars would get around the track the fastest. At least, hoping that logic applies....
When I spoke to an SVT salesman some months ago, he said it would have an auto (and a manual too), just like the older versions did. But I doubt it would be a DCT, as Ford will save that for the top dog GT500, plus keeping the Mach 1 in line with pricing.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I'm more than happy with the A10.
I am thinking that the only auto I may ever buy again will be for a truck used solely for towing my cars/trucks/toys around. I know I'd be giving up performance in the newer vehicles, but it's just not as fun imo.

Alex1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I am thinking that the only auto I may ever buy again will be for a truck used solely for towing my cars/trucks/toys around. I know I'd be giving up performance in the newer vehicles, but it's just not as fun imo.
I couldn’t agree more, autos are for sure faster now, but there’s some kind of intrinsic fun with a manual transmission

mobius1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun ATM
I couldn’t agree more, autos are for sure faster now, but there’s some kind of intrinsic fun with a manual transmission
Oh, they're fun as hell, but I would only get one as a secondary vehicle. The Mach 1 will probably be expensive enough to be my only car, so I plan on daily driving it. Sitting more than an hour in traffic each day makes the stick lose its appeal a bit.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This! At ÂŁ36k I could afford a manual gt as a second, fun car. At ÂŁ50k+ I could not. Hence it would have to tick the sole car daily duties box too which means auto and soft suspension, comfort seats, 4 doors and room for the dog, good economy etc. Sadly that rules it out for people like me.
Maybe it will still be an option for wealthy folk who can afford to spunk £50k on a weekend toy. However these people are used to their Porsche’s and BMWs..... they won’t be too impressed by ford customer service or build quality no matter how fast it goes. Without the Shelby moniker will they sell that well at a high price??? Remains to be seen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.