Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
No convertibles allowed......Mach 1 has always been a Sportroof/hardtop/coupe :)
BASTARDS!!

Hahaha, yeah, I would imagine they'd follow the original design intent - but, you never know, if it shows up with electric motors, isn't it already off the rails!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
At the risk of sounding like a broken record (and being embarrassingly wrong) a 45hp bump is easy to do with electric motors. I'll go back to my room now. :bandit:
I could see that - and it could also explain why the torque figure is so high. I understand that if the Mach 1 engine has DI it could potentially have higher compression than the Voodoo did. My assumption if the Mach 1 was only ICE powered - in order to get to the sky high torque figure of 450 ft-lbs - it would probably need 13:1 compression or higher. At a minimum it would need higher compression than the Voodoo and current 5.0, I would think. Obviously it could be possible to get to higher torque with some different cam/cam timing scheme that leads to higher dynamic compression even with the static CR not changing, but that seems less likely to me.

Ideally in my world I would prefer to see all NA power and possibly requiring 91 octane and getting to the torque and HP figures with the gas engine on its own.

However this idea of having the electric power on board would give another route to get the extra ft-lbs. A relatively easy route from an engineering standpoint if you are restricted from increasing engine size.

I wouldn't want to buy the car - I wouldn't be interested at all in a hybrid performance Mustang. However it does make sense as a method to get to a torque/hp number without increasing displacement.

Edit: to me adding the electric motor makes the most sense for a straight line car like the original Mach, not so much for a track day car. Electric motors and batteries get hot on the track.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Would it be wrong of me to be slightly disappointed if it were 525hp (+65hp) and 450 lb/ft (+30 lb/ft), assuming its a hybrid?

The Lincoln Aviator GT (hybrid) offers 494hp (+94hp) and 630 lb/ft (+215 lb/ft !!!!!!) over the ICE only 3.0 turbo.

I appreciate the Mustang hybrid system may be very different from the Aviator's, however.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Would it be wrong of me to be slightly disappointed if it were 525hp (+65hp) and 450 lb/ft (+30 lb/ft), assuming its a hybrid?

The Lincoln Aviator GT (hybrid) offers 494hp (+94hp) and 630 lb/ft (+215 lb/ft !!!!!!) over the ICE only 3.0 turbo.

I appreciate the Mustang hybrid system may be very different from the Aviator's, however.
Yeah, isn't the assumed version of the Mustang where it uses very small motors that are tightly integrated into the transmission, maybe it's less powerful but offset by smaller packaging requirements?

I'd assume a full sized SUV like the aviator, has a ton of room for motors, coolers, etc.

IT'S GODDAM MAGIC.

That's all I got ... :crazy:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not really "news"......but Ford Authority are on a roll with Mach 1 content. "Witnesses say the '21 Mach 1 will sound absolutely vicious" :)

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/w...4Ol_UKiLZCXzv5ks4xUFheCz_vqrqrWzMznn-f90Xn74c
Ford has been on point with their stock exhaust lately. The stock GT without active is pretty nice as is the active exhaust
Then go listen to a stock Bullitt in track-mode as it bangs through the gears. It's downright magical.
It does not sound like a GT with Active in Track. With all the changes and the way they tuned it is so well done.
Now listen to a Bullitt with the midpipe replaced....'vicious' is one of the words I'd use to describe it.

Maybe they are using the same active setup with different resonator/midpipe or its removed like the GT350R.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This new Mach 1 is definitely a great jump from the last Mach 1 then. Always wanted an 03 Mach back then.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My 330e has the e-motor in the transmission housing and it also replaces the torque converter

Interesting times indeed :)

Yeah, isn't the assumed version of the Mustang where it uses very small motors that are tightly integrated into the transmission, maybe it's less powerful but offset by smaller packaging requirements?

I'd assume a full sized SUV like the aviator, has a ton of room for motors, coolers, etc.

IT'S GODDAM MAGIC.

That's all I got ... :crazy:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.