Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Not exactly sure why you are so intent on pissing on the MT82. No one has said its the greatest transmission in the world. But there are many members on here who have no issues with theirs. Why can't you just let it go?
Not exactly sure why you are so intent on pissing on the MT82. No one has said its the greatest transmission in the world. But there are many members on here who have no issues with theirs. Why can't you just let it go?
Forgive me for trying to educate potential buyers on a known fault with the car. Don't want to see someone waste their hard earned money on a track focused mustang that will clearly not be able to hold up to track abuse.

Why are you so intent on defending it? It's called my opinion, to each their own, you don't have to respond.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Blimey.........I'll be seriously impressed if that can hit these figure :shock:

(I'll try to keep my expectations low.........and hope to be surprised when the official figures are revealed)

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/2...1IVyyWdkC3TZMFhgl-4i4R5k4T65ViJJhZdmStMNaja5c

Sources familiar with product plans have told Ford Authority that The Blue Oval is aiming for Mach 1 power and torque figures to be even higher than those of the Bullitt. In fact, engineers are shooting for 525 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque, which certainly represents a healthy increase over the Bullitt and the regular Mustang GT.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
Never forget. The first version of the mt82 was called the worst piece of junk ever because some drivers had NO IDEA you had to smush it down BEFORE trying to jam and wrestle it into reverse. They went on to break shit and blame the car. lol. Whatever happens. I hope manual remains an option. Hennessy came out with a video showing a supercharged GT350 gapping the piss out of the GT500 and first thing the driver says is how nice rowing the gears is.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sources familiar with product plans have told Ford Authority that The Blue Oval is aiming for Mach 1 power and torque figures to be even higher than those of the Bullitt. In fact, engineers are shooting for 525 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque, which certainly represents a healthy increase over the Bullitt and the regular Mustang GT.
If that's true, and it can be had with the A10, I suddenly became interested.

I'd hate to give up my manual, but after seven months with my new F150 RCSB with the 5.0/A10, I'm smitten.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have said it before, flexfuel.....
Those numbers would be awesome anyhow

(I'll try to keep my expectations low.........and hope to be surprised when the official figures are revealed)

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/2...1IVyyWdkC3TZMFhgl-4i4R5k4T65ViJJhZdmStMNaja5c

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Words Of Wisdom.
download.jpg
one-does-not-simply-pee-with-a-boner.jpg

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Never forget. The first version of the mt82 was called the worst piece of junk ever because some drivers had NO IDEA you had to smush it down BEFORE trying to jam and wrestle it into reverse. They went on to break shit and blame the car. lol. Whatever happens. I hope manual remains an option. Hennessy came out with a video showing a supercharged GT350 gapping the piss out of the GT500 and first thing the driver says is how nice rowing the gears is.
How would that break anything? It would just go into first instead of reverse if not pushed down

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Wow! I hope they succeed. In my opinion that would make the Mach 1 great. Now hopefully the MSRP isn't too crazy and Ford builds LOTS of them!

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Weather
Forgive me for trying to educate potential buyers on a known fault with the car. Don't want to see someone waste their hard earned money on a track focused mustang that will clearly not be able to hold up to track abuse.

Why are you so intent on defending it? It's called my opinion, to each their own, you don't have to respond.
The transmission is fine. No issues with the one in my supercharged Bullitt or my supercharged 2011 Brembo Mustang.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Weather

The transmission is fine. No issues with the one in my supercharged Bullitt or my supercharged 2011 Brembo Mustang.
If it was fine, there wouldn't be a class action lawsuit against Ford for it

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If it was fine, there wouldn't be a class action lawsuit against Ford for it
Ah, this is an area I am very familiar with. Well over 90% of class action lawsuits are frivolous. The way it works is that attorneys troll for disgruntled folks that all own or buy something. They entice them to become members of a class action suit. So, say they get 10,000 folks that are ticked at Ford or just trolling themselves for "free stuff" together. Then they get them to sign an agreement for a class action suit.

The fine print says that in ANY judgement is against the defendant, the attorney firm gets ALL their expenses back FIRST. Say the suit settles for $5M. The fees can easily be 1/4 to 1/2 that amount. So, say after atty fees they get $3.6M. Then the attorneys take 1/3 which in this example would be $1.2M. Then the $1.2M is divided up amongst the members of the class action suit. Wow, they each, after a couple of years to get $120.

That's a very generous class action suit mind you. Often it's 5 bucks, 10 bucks, etc. But the firm makes serious cash.The corp usually settles out of court because they may take a serious torpedo with some bleeding heart jury. Basically it's extortion. Happens dozens of time a day in the U.S.

Think about that the next time you buy anything in the U.S. A huge amount of the cost is the protection of litigation.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack

That would seriously be tempting. Amazing to think that the 5.0 could potentially put out more power than the 7 liter LS7. It's crazy how fast engine tech advances.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Now hopefully the MSRP isn't too crazy and Ford builds LOTS of them!
Ford built lots of Bullitt's and you see what happened there. The dealers, as always, will kill sales with their damn ADM's. Actually the Mach 1 will be even worse as it is more mainstream than the Bullitt.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.