Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
it would be nice if it has better rear brakes? maybe still stock S550?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Destroked 5.2
WAY easier and cheaper to just use smaller pistons. I would be very surprised if it's any way different than the Bullitt engine config with a handful more HP by raising the RPM limit a tad.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I don't see how some get the idea the Mach 1 will have the Mustang GT brakes. I think Ford Authority has a picture of the gigantic rear brake caliper to be used on the Mach 1. I just hope Ford puts a 4.09 or 4.30 gear in the Mach 1 rear end. I will then join the game.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see how some get the idea the Mach 1 will have the Mustang GT brakes. I think Ford Authority has a picture of the gigantic rear brake caliper to be used on the Mach 1. I just hope Ford puts a 4.09 or 4.30 gear in the Mach 1 rear end. I will then join the game.
This one?

rear.JPG

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see how some get the idea the Mach 1 will have the Mustang GT brakes.
because Ford Marketing is a bunch of ass-hat wankers who will neuter anything and everything.
Both the PP2 and purported Mach1 should have had the GT350 brakes and all necessary coolers. But Marketing in their infinite stupidity thought that would rob GT350 of sales which is an asinine position. Anyone considering a 65,000 car doesn't give a shite about what the 45-50,000 car segment is doing. And anyone whose budget runs out at 50k isn't going to suddenly come up with another 15 grand.

I don't see a point in having much in the way of options on a Mach1. Like the Bullitt it'll probably be choice of trans (come on Tremec), choice of seat, and choice of California-style spoiler or '19+ swing. PP1 brakes standard. If you want GT350, dish out for the FRPP retrofit kit separately, though it would be nice if there was a factory-installed option. Probably 4 color choices (orange+black, black+orange, lime or gotta green, fire red though maybe a medium blue) and a throw-back sticker set to mimic blacked out/NASA hood. 19" wheels in same pattern as current Bullitt but in 2-tone silver instead of black, and probably EB/HPP or PP2 wheels in anthracite and one the current "premium" trim 20" in a silver. Digital dash option for 2 grand (likely baked into the A10 option, extra cost for M6) to placate the "modern technology" crowd even though it's supposed to be a throw-back car. BLIS, auto-cruise and other driver aids all included standard. That Ford has the nerve to charge extra for these piss-ant features is tone deaf.

MSRP 50-55k just like Bullitt

Last edited:

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Like the original '69/'70 Mach 1, the '03/04 cars had few options. You got the one body style , the one interior, and the brakes they gave you. The SN95 had the one interior upgrade option (IUP, silver trim) and your choice of transmission. Other than exterior color, that was it. The original had engine choices, from mild to wild. Three speed stick, four speed stick and auto were the tranny choices. The '69 had one wheel package, while the '70 had either wheel covers or a styled steel wheel. The wheel cover looked better.
Lets see what Ford offers us. It should be interesting.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any concept of what premium S550’s cost since the 18’ refresh? Everyone back in 17’ screamed about how no one would spend $50k for a Mustang, now it’s commonplace. Mach 1 fans will be lined up with money in their hands regardless of the price. Many think we will be in the $55/$60k range. Considering what the Mach 1 might be that could be a steal.

Regarding the GT350, don’t bet on it. With Ford moving towards EV’s the GT500 and Mach 1 could be the end of the line for pure ICE powered cars. Anyone wanting a new GT350 should get one now.
There will be no "line ups" for a 60+k Mach 1. I have no idea what you're putting in your cereal, but do share.

Shelby's are not going anywhere. A break from the line-up yes, a total disappearance? Not a chance.

And 50k Mustangs are not "commonplace". Mid level GT's are...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There will be no "line ups" for a 60+k Mach 1. I have no idea what you're putting in your cereal, but do share.
First off, if you have to know........

upload_2020-6-1_12-35-56.jpeg

There is a lot of large pent up demand for a non Shelby super Mustang, either Mach 1 and/or a Boss 302. Even non Mustang owners are looking forward to it. $55/60K is a lot, I agree but for a limited edition (we think) specialty Mustang no problem. The only issue will be, as always, the ADM's.

Shelby's are not going anywhere. A break from the line-up yes, a total disappearance? Not a chance.
You're not reading. I didn't say there wouldn't be more Shelby's. I agree, there will always be Shelby's. But what will they look like? Dollars to doughnuts it will be a hybrid, maybe even full electric.

And 50k Mustangs are not "commonplace". Mid level GT's are...
OK, maybe not in Idaho, :giggle: but everywhere else $45-50K Mustangs are not that uncommon. I am talking MSRP not OTD by the way.

Hopefully they update that garbage manual trans equipped in the 18+ for the Mach 1
OK, maybe the MT82 is not the greatest MT but many 18+ owners are enjoying them with no issues. Would everyone love to see the Tremec, sure. Are you willing to pay for it? Don't ask dfanucci that question. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
First off, if you have to know........

upload_2020-6-1_12-35-56.jpeg

There is a lot of large pent up demand for a non Shelby super Mustang, either Mach 1 and/or a Boss 302. Even non Mustang owners are looking forward to it. $55/60K is a lot, I agree but for a limited edition (we think) specialty Mustang no problem. The only issue will be, as always, the ADM's.

Your not reading. I didn't say there wouldn't be more Shelby's. I agree, there will always be Shelby's. But what will they look like? Dollars to doughnuts it will be a hybrid, maybe even full electric.

OK, maybe not in Idaho, :giggle: but everywhere else $45-50K Mustangs are not that uncommon. I am talking MSRP not OTD by the way.

OK, maybe the MT82 is not the greatest MT but many 18+ owners are enjoying them with no issues. Would everyone love to see the Tremec, sure. Are you willing to pay for it? Don't ask dfanucci that question. :)
Nice. A slam at Idaho. Thanks for showing who/what I'm dealing with here. And it's "You're" not "Your".

Bang that empty head of yours against the wall all you want. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay 60+k for a Mach 1.

I'm done with you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nice. A slam at Idaho. Thanks for showing who/what I'm dealing with here. And it's "You're" not "Your".

Bang that empty head of yours against the wall all you want. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay 60+k for a Mach 1.

I'm done with you.
Wow, someones gotten their panites in a bunch. Over a Mach 1 no less. I was kidding about Idaho, lighten up. I have friends in Boise. It's a great city and state.

Thank you for the spelling correction. I've changed it.

As far as what people will pay, let's just wait until it comes out and then we can have this discussion.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
60k is big money for a gt. Even a fully optioned gt with a stripe kit and a unique set of wheels. The gt350 got away with it because of the Shelby badge and the unique engine. Price wise ford have have to balance up if there are enough folks out there prepared to spunk 60k on a non Shelby Mustang who don’t already have a Shelby in these uncertain times . If the answer is no, then expect nothing more than a gt with stripes matched with a bullet price tag. Personally I could not justify 60k on any mustang without serious pedigree. That figure puts it firmly in the firing lines of higher class competition

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
That figure puts it firmly in the firing lines of higher class competition

Aside from being within firing range of the C8, I'm struggling to think of anything higher class that's remotely close to that price range/car type. The C63 coupe starts at $70k, the RS5 coupe starts at $74k, Jaguar F type $81k (for the v6), and those are all before options.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.