Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I had to come in and comment after lurking forever. Wouldn't it make sense to have a car that meets OR exceeds GT350 performance if the GT350 is no longer an offering. Price tag is one thing but people like OPTIONS. That is why you can go to any big city and see a ton of v6 Challengers and Chargers that look like Scat packs. Dodge knows the drill. If the price tag is in the right place, dealers are gonna push this hard. Oh you liked the GT350.. well this is BETTER and FASTER and COOLER. yada yada. Ford would be stupid not to offer this with an auto at this point. What better way to bridge that performance gap than to have a tapped out 5.0 with an auto OR the tremec/mt82. It looks to me like there are 2 totally different cars in the pictures so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a street Mach1 and a track version with no radio/no Aircon options rear seat delete and everything else we've seen before. Look closely at the tire widths. Maybe a trick of the camera lens and editing but the front tires of car in one picture has a staggered set up and one has a very clearly HUGE front tire.

Though it Would be amazing to see that 5.2 cross plane with 9000+rpm that was rumored to be original motor for the GT350 to make an appearance, it won't happen but the original Mach cars had engine options... is this a chance to offer an aluminator type of option? Maybe a unique MACH1 intake if we aren't going to see a shaker. Machs also came in SuperCobrajet back in the day. Cobra jet intake option? Not likely but if these things all became optional, people could once again have a unique factory car.
This thought actually crossed my mind. I wonder if we'll see the high performance version of the 5.0 Coyote that was originally intended for the GT350. A 9000+ RPM, 500+ horsepower 5.0 would be mighty impressive.
Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm, I was considering a GT500 style bumper, but I might just wait until this hits the market and do a Mach 1 bumper. From the looks of it, it seems to really mesh the 18+ and the GT350 bumpers together well.

Also, do we have any leaks on the rear brakes? I would hate to see the usual GT single piston garbage rears on the "most capable" track 5.0.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Why not put the 5.2 GT500 engine in less the blower? Since they already have the crankshaft and block. The extra .2 liters could get the car over the 500 mark and also produce 10-30 more ft/lbs of torque. Just put in a set of the 12:1 pistons. A mid 11 second car without much new stuff.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
This thought actually crossed my mind. I wonder if we'll see the high performance version of the 5.0 Coyote that was originally intended for the GT350. A 9000+ RPM, 500+ horsepower 5.0 would be mighty impressive.
It would be absolutely sick to see it happen in the Mach1. It would be a hard hitter with the A10 or manual. The Aluminator 52XS is a high 500hp motor and it just seems to me like filling that performance gap that they would go with a 5.2 motor instead of another 5.0 variant. It has to stand apart from the GT and I think Ford knows that. I know I might get sht on for even mentioning the Aluminator motor but it's not as silly as asking for the DCT in a GT.
I can't find the svtperformance link but the author talked about how the crossplane 5.2 GT350 motor would have been a BAAAAD MF but they went flatplane just to flex their engineering muscle. If the next gen mustang is right around the corner. This Mach1 might the icing on the cake into the next gen. Watch ford come out of left field and drop a 7.3 variant. Oh lord.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
It would be absolutely sick to see it happen in the Mach1. It would be a hard hitter with the A10 or manual. The Aluminator 52XS is a high 500hp motor and it just seems to me like filling that performance gap that they would go with a 5.2 motor instead of another 5.0 variant. It has to stand apart from the GT and I think Ford knows that. I know I might get sht on for even mentioning the Aluminator motor but it's not as silly as asking for the DCT in a GT.
I can't find the svtperformance link but the author talked about how the crossplane 5.2 GT350 motor would have been a BAAAAD MF but they went flatplane just to flex their engineering muscle. If the next gen mustang is right around the corner. This Mach1 might the icing on the cake into the next gen. Watch ford come out of left field and drop a 7.3 variant. Oh lord.
Yeah I agree. I've always wanted to see a street version of the 5.2XS. The Mach 1 would be the perfect fit. Also, if Ford followed the precedent of the 03-04 Mach 1, we would see basically a naturally aspirated 5.2 Predator from the GT500. That was my initial guess for the Mach 1 engine. That being said, I have a feeling Ford knows they have to deliver a 5.0 substantially different from the standard 5.0 in the GT or even the Bullitt. I really do think we'll see 500+ horsepower. The 9000+ RPM Coyote is probably a pipe dream and would most likely never have met emissions standards, but I can dream, can't I? Here is the link to the SVT article about it.
https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...use-of-the-gt350s-fpc-5-2l-voodoo-v8.1166797/

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nobody in their right mind will pay 60k+ for a Mach 1. No matter what it's optioned with. It's still a damn 5.0. End of story.

The 350 sold well. It will be back.
Ok.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
Yeah I agree. I've always wanted to see a street version of the 5.2XS. The Mach 1 would be the perfect fit. Also, if Ford followed the precedent of the 03-04 Mach 1, we would see basically a naturally aspirated 5.2 Predator from the GT500. That was my initial guess for the Mach 1 engine. That being said, I have a feeling Ford knows they have to deliver a 5.0 substantially different from the standard 5.0 in the GT or even the Bullitt. I really do think we'll see 500+ horsepower. The 9000+ RPM Coyote is probably a pipe dream and would most likely never have met emissions standards, but I can dream, can't I? Here is the link to the SVT article about it.
https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...use-of-the-gt350s-fpc-5-2l-voodoo-v8.1166797/
Dude, I dont think its crazy to expect something along those lines considering what you said. GT500 remains the top dog and the Mach1 releases with a NA Predator with tremec or A10 and the luxury interior treatment that the GT500 should have had. Revised dash and center console etc etc because refresh is suppose to happen too right? It's gonna be cool if it happens that way because this car is gonna be the street fighter people have wanted for a while now.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
Nobody in their right mind will pay 60k+ for a Mach 1. No matter what it's optioned with. It's still a damn 5.0. End of story.

There's 2 cars in the picture. If there's more than 1 engine option. Oh snap. People are buying up the cheaper optioned Mach1 because it LOOKS sick and rolls out. The Mach1 is for the ballers.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Anyone seen any comments about whether or not it will be available in right hand drive for the export market?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Since the 5.0 CPC engine has less vibration than the 5.2 FPC engine , I would not be surprised to see the Ford engineers design a 5.0 CPC engine that revs to 9000 RPM. The Ford engineers like challenges.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Two different cars and one more race track focused with the square 305 cup 2 setup. Rather than release the mach1 in two forms, could ford see the end of s550 production coming and be working on a final blow out mach1. (Street) and boss (track) double launch? That would likely replace gt pp2, gt350 and gt350r in one go and boost sales just before the end of s550 production. It would be a great send off for the NA V8.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Anyone seen any comments about whether or not it will be available in right hand drive for the export market?
I posted this one the previous page:

No confirmation yet, but this is from the press release:

The iconic fastback coupe that debuted during the first golden era of muscle cars in the late-1960s now returns for global Mustang enthusiasts looking for the epitome of naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 performance in a new golden age of power as a new choice in the lineup of the world’s best-selling sports car.

:)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As for the 5.2 CPC/street Aluminator.......yep, that was my "dream" but Ford have clearly stated this will be a 5.0, so there's no point flogging that particular deceased pony :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Do you have any concept of what premium S550’s cost since the 18’ refresh? Everyone back in 17’ screamed about how no one would spend $50k for a Mustang, now it’s commonplace. Mach 1 fans will be lined up with money in their hands regardless of the price. Many think we will be in the $55/$60k range. Considering what the Mach 1 might be that could be a steal.

Regarding the GT350, don’t bet on it. With Ford moving towards EV’s the GT500 and Mach 1 could be the end of the line for pure ICE powered cars. Anyone wanting a new GT350 should get one now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.