Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
The Mach 1 is the GT350's replacement.. without the costly flat-plane-crank engine.

May even use the same steering rack, knuckles, etc.
This would be swee .
Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Ford backed off on the PP2 because they didn't want it's performance to come to close to the older GT350. Now with the GT350 going away I wonder how close they will be going to get.
Depends... A standard GT w/ 10R80 is already faster than a GT350 in the quarter mile... It would take a great deal of weight reduction and/or power addition to beat one on a road course, however. My guess is, that won't happen. Rather, the Mach One will debut with around 500hp and have some unique body bits. I'm not sure if PP2 is going to carry over to the Mach One if they offer it with an automatic, since PP2 isn't currently available with the auto (unless that's changed since I bought my 2019).

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ford backed off on the PP2 because they didn't want it's performance to come to close to the older GT350. Now with the GT350 going away I wonder how close they will be going to get.
Yeah, and at some point, don't you have to say, "The GT350 was an amazing car, with a very special engine, but technology marches on, and we've matched / exceeded it with this new model". You can only protect prior achievements for so long - if you have the capacity to exceed previous performance metrics, __do__it__!

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Is there any confirmation yet that this car will be sold in the UK, EU and other export markets since it's the 5.0L?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Is there any confirmation yet that this car will be sold in the UK, EU and other export markets since it's the 5.0L?
No confirmation yet, but this is from the press release:

The iconic fastback coupe that debuted during the first golden era of muscle cars in the late-1960s now returns for global Mustang enthusiasts looking for the epitome of naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 performance in a new golden age of power as a new choice in the lineup of the world’s best-selling sports car.

So I'm hopeful :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Look again in full resolution. This is definitely just the housing without shift paddles
steeringwheel.jpg
:crying:

Hopefully it had the GT500's aluminium paddles, but the 3M tape gave way mid corner :idea:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

There is no reason the Mach1 can't outhandle, or out brake the GT350, etc... it doesn't have the 5.2 liter engine, so it acceleration and motoring skills might not equal the FPC, but there is no reason the Mach1 can't match/exceed the GT350 capabilities.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 was never a track car in it's past incarnations it was a go fast and kick ass car. Ford saying it's the Most Track Capable 5.0L Mustang ever tells me this is the GT350's replacement.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
I had to come in and comment after lurking forever. Wouldn't it make sense to have a car that meets OR exceeds GT350 performance if the GT350 is no longer an offering. Price tag is one thing but people like OPTIONS. That is why you can go to any big city and see a ton of v6 Challengers and Chargers that look like Scat packs. Dodge knows the drill. If the price tag is in the right place, dealers are gonna push this hard. Oh you liked the GT350.. well this is BETTER and FASTER and COOLER. yada yada. Ford would be stupid not to offer this with an auto at this point. What better way to bridge that performance gap than to have a tapped out 5.0 with an auto OR the tremec/mt82. It looks to me like there are 2 totally different cars in the pictures so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a street Mach1 and a track version with no radio/no Aircon options rear seat delete and everything else we've seen before. Look closely at the tire widths. Maybe a trick of the camera lens and editing but the front tires of car in one picture has a staggered set up and one has a very clearly HUGE front tire.

Though it Would be amazing to see that 5.2 cross plane with 9000+rpm that was rumored to be original motor for the GT350 to make an appearance, it won't happen but the original Mach cars had engine options... is this a chance to offer an aluminator type of option? Maybe a unique MACH1 intake if we aren't going to see a shaker. Machs also came in SuperCobrajet back in the day. Cobra jet intake option? Not likely but if these things all became optional, people could once again have a unique factory car.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 was originally going to be a 3 year run here we are in year 5. Historically the GT350 and GT500 have always been limited production years.
Put a A10 in a Mach 1 with coolers (hopefully stock), real brakes (stock), and E85 tune and that will out run/track a stock GT350 all day long.
Nobody in their right mind will pay 60k+ for a Mach 1. No matter what it's optioned with. It's still a damn 5.0. End of story.

The 350 sold well. It will be back.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The Mach 1 was never a track car in it's past incarnations it was a go fast and kick ass car. Ford saying it's the Most Track Capable 5.0L Mustang ever tells me this is the GT350's replacement.
yeah, the mach 1 was the straight line performance luxery mustang. the Boss was the ultimate non-shelby mustang.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.