Sponsored

Brand spanky new R, throttle concern.. ?

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
Welp, as of earlier this week I traded in my 17' GT350 avalanche grey for a 2019 GT350R Oxford White w/ Black stripes KR711. I was contemplating this move for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger on the new R after working the dealer down below msrp and giving me what I asked for my trade.

First things first, the R absolutely has a much more dominate presence and aw factor to it just by the 2 cars sitting side by side. This was my first time seeing an R in person and it did not disappoint what so ever. I loved my 17', enjoyed every second of it, tracked it as much as I could and drove it how it was meant to be. Getting more track oriented, this is why I decided to pull the trigger on an R now while their still out there to have the best of both worlds.

Now to my concern, I kept my 17' stock for about 2k miles, then did kooks headers/full exhaust, jlt intake, and lund tune. The car was an animal for what it was and never disappointed . Now, I know having a brand new engine now its gonna take a bit for it to break in and what not, but I have noticed from around 2500 - 3500rpm there is a very noticeable in/out hesitation almost like a sputtering when on the throttle. Not always, but very frequent from what I have drove so far(100 miles on the R). I know these motors are dogs down low, and have been following everything about them since 2016, but I did not have this on my 17' when it was stock. Is it just me from being so use to my 17' tuned power band, that this is throwing me off ? Or is there something going on that others have experienced ? Like I said, I know the feeling down low of bogging before the power curve, but this feels like its cutting in and out. Thanks for your help everyone
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Freaking beautiful. Everytime I get a chance, I gush over the white R with black stripes. Congrats.

As for your cutting in-out, that doesnt sound normal to me. maybe a bad tank of gas? sitting too long? i doubt it but who knows. if it continues i'd have it checked out by a competent dealer.

OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Freaking beautiful. Everytime I get a chance, I gush over the white R with black stripes. Congrats.

As for your cutting in-out, that doesnt sound normal to me. maybe a bad tank of gas? sitting too long? i doubt it but who knows. if it continues i'd have it checked out by a competent dealer.
Thanks man !! I gotta admit, a big dilemma for me was giving up my avalanche grey simply because I loved that color and doubted the oxford white. But as soon as I laid my eyes on the oxford with black stripes it put my foot right in my mouth. I was speechless.

Thanks for the advice, the fuel crossed my mind but I got it with under a 1/4 because the dealer selling it didn't have 93 local to them so I told them dont worry about filling it. So it's already halfway through the new tank of 93. I did just come across an old thread with something sounding similar and they spoke about an ecu update, but this girl is fresh outa the factory so up to date

OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's hard to explain but it feels like random flat spots anywhere between 2500-3500 with easing into the throttle

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man !! I gotta admit, a big dilemma for me was giving up my avalanche grey simply because I loved that color and doubted the oxford white. But as soon as I laid my eyes on the oxford with black stripes it put my foot right in my mouth. I was speechless.

Thanks for the advice, the fuel crossed my mind but I got it with under a 1/4 because the dealer selling it didn't have 93 local to them so I told them dont worry about filling it. So it's already halfway through the new tank of 93. I did just come across an old thread with something sounding similar and they spoke about an ecu update, but this girl is fresh outa the factory so up to date
oh geez, AG, another stunner. when i was at track attack back in april, i got assigned an AG gt350. man that was a looker.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
just a quick question.. do these hesitations happen in sport mode, normal mode, or both?

i think i feel what you mean but only in normal mode.. sport feels solid.

OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only say sport mode, I haven't kept it in normal mode past pulling outa the garage lol

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I say drive it some more. Maybe you were used to your old engine with the tune and it reacts different.

Or maybe it's still "learning" and will get itself figured out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
89strok

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I say drive it some more. Maybe you were used to your old engine with the tune and it reacts different.

Or maybe it's still "learning" and will get itself figured out.
Sunday I have the day free so I plan on taking it out for as long as I can, need to break her in asap idk how well my self control will be keeping it tame for long. I will report afterwards if things change with it

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Beautiful.