Sponsored

Brand new yellow 2017 Mustang V6 convertible worried about getting car hoisted

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi I am a proud new owner of a 2017 Triple yellow mustang v6 convertible. On my older car a Pontiac Grand Am GT when I took it to Kal tire here in Toronto Canada they hoisted it up in places underneath the car that caused it to bend a bit underneath. The spots were the lip part just behind all the wheels. These are soft spots and it caused it to bend. I didn't think much of it at the time but recently when I lifted up it I noticed it rusted out all along side the fenders because the rust spread. This is an old car so its fine I'm just concerned about my new Mustang when it will need to be lifted up eventually.
I took such good care of my Pontiac. I rust proof oil sprayed it every year for 17 years. They should of lifted it from the axle not the soft life at the side of the side skirt area behind the wheels. Any idiot knows that's not place a heavy car can be lifted from. Within 3 years my Pontiac has developed so much rust because of that improper lift. It literally bent the Metal lips frame and it spread rust down the sides of the car.

I'm so worried about that with out new mustangs. Is there a diagram for a 2017 v6 mustang Convertible Where we can see so I can spray paint those lift spots so these idiots wont lift the new mustang improperly? I have to question where I am taking my car to if I have to spray paint the spots. :shrug::headbonk:I'm just really worried about this new car because of these non educated teenage kids that work in garages without experience.

Thanks guys
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
thank you so much!

So these rails will add an extra layer of protection when hoisted? Wouldn't the drilling into the body for these rails cause rust to develop from those drill holes?

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So both point of the scissor jack that the mechanics use can be put anywhere on the jacking rail ? Or would they still need to put the rear jacks somewhere on the axle of the car and these rails are only good for the front?

How do these work?!

Thanks guys :)

Happy to be part of this community now.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see on youtube some guy had issues with his.

[ame]

It started to make cracking noises when lifted?

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the non low profile be a bit lower then the low profile so there is extra meat to it so an even less chance of it touching the "lip"? I think I like the non low profile one because its less of a chance for error? Would anyone know?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
jacking rails on the market bmr and steeda can be jacked up from anywhere along the rail. they shouldnt bend or creak.all of the ones i have seen actually come just below the pinch weld so you shouldnt be hitting the lip you are concerned about. also they use existing bolt and bolt holes so no drilling. literally took me 15 min to put mine on and have used them many times without issue. the non low profile ones are just going to hang a bit lower reducing ground clearance but its not by much. havent really heard of anyone having issues with them, few and far between.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I see on youtube some guy had issues with his.

It started to make cracking noises when lifted?
Yeah, and my old 03 Cobra convertible bent like a banana when you lifted it. Nothing wrong with noises, you're mashing heavy lumps of metal around. Its probably got some dirt or pebbles stuck above the rail and its getting crunched into dust. Mine pop and crackle when I use them too.

The alternative is to jack it up with the pinch weld and then cry because it got rolled over and smashed.
Sponsored