Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As an update;

I just spoke to Ford customer service what they basically said was:

"Yes we sent you a defective car and no we can't do anything other than painting the entire left side of your vehicle, you have a great day!"

I am actually amused how much they don't care, even FCA who's notoriously bad about their customer service was levels above Ford.

Sad to say but this will be my first and last Ford vehicle along with the family and everyone I know both in and outside of United States.

Not that I have a following cult but people usually value my opinions and I hold grudges. I am pretty sure Ford just bought themselves some bad reputation that will cost waay more than a little compensation they could offer.
Not trying to be an ass, but honestly that’s all they owe you is the respray since that fixes the issue. Does it suck, yeah. But these are mass produced cars, none of them will be 100% right off the line as much as we want them to be.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Covid quality control for these 21 and probably 22 model years... I would take it back to your dealer and have it repainted. Get it documented when you have it done.

This defect under the paint sounds similar to the hood corrosion issue that us 15-17 model year drivers had. Strongly recommend you exercising the good warranty period for your car. Once it is up, you may have to front the bill out of pocket should the paint bubble up, crack and flake off the A pillar.

OP
OP

Jk550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT 6MT Oxford White
Covid quality control for these 21 and probably 22 model years... I would take it back to your dealer and have it repainted. Get it documented when you have it done.

This defect under the paint sounds similar to the hood corrosion issue that us 15-17 model year drivers had. Strongly recommend you exercising the good warranty period for your car. Once it is up, you may have to front the bill out of pocket should the paint bubble up, crack and flake off the A pillar.
That is also true. If I just keep it as it is, it might create problems later. I'll look into that.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Is ford letting you take it to wherever you want, or are they going to handle it "in house"?

I ask because the reason I ended up selling my mustang was due to Ford sending my car to a garbage paint shop and them ruining the car. I'm back on the forum since I'm looking into gt500s and saw this post.

Take it to a reputable shop which specializes in high end cars (not that the mustang is a high end car). I say this because their painters will be experienced and will know how to blend and match the color.

I saw someone saying "it's white so it's easy". Actually, white colors are the hardest to match. Black is the easiest.

Beyond that, there's a reason most enthusiasts don't want to "cut" the factory paint. The aftermarket one will never be as durable unless they bake it. It also will take weeks for the paint to gas out allow you to apply wax or any protectant.

Look, I'm not trying to scare you, but I'm not going to sugarcoat the situation. That car should never have been sold. It's a very obvious "blemish" to miss.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
1. take it back for them to fix it
2. require a loaner from them, because this is unnaceptable
3. if they want to paint the whole section and not blend it leave it up to them just insist it must be done right.
4. inspect the SHIT out of that thing before you take the keys from them when you pick it up. i mean spend 20 minutes looking it over. crawl under it.

it should be perfect when you get it back. no ifs ands or buts.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You can call the Ford 809#, ask for a Regional Rep and get a Case opened with a Case #. This will bump your vehicle and concerns to a Priority level, of which the Dealer will need to report to Ford how they are rectifying the problem, how fast and how can they make the customer happy.

This thread I posted a while back and has the Ford # info in it - and I had just updated it recently. Last pages of thread contains 2023 info.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

Don't give up and don't let them push you around; you bought a new car with QC issues and those QC issues need to be addressed and corrected.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
This is common with many manufacturers. I follow a guy on YouTube that does paint restoration on mainly new 1st purchase Porsche. Many times is either bad paint or from being transported and so on. So if a 300K car can come from the factory needing the paint being restored for it to happen to a Mustang is not so unusual. I would have done it privately and given Ford the bill. Many of the Porsche owners do that and get the whole car done while having Porsche pay for it.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Sorry to hear this. I knew Ford customer service was bad when getting into it with a dealer and CPO Mustang I was trying to buy. My first Ford. After a few higher end cars throughout the years I was questioning what I was getting into with this lack of interest by Ford but for the money (less than I m accustomed to spending on a car) I went for it. My 2 cents says I would not repaint all that to correct a small defect on the post. I think the right shop could just stay on the roof line somewhere with the repair. It s up to you but it s minor and if you have to keep the car which is likely then just get it fixed and enjoy the car. Get some outside body shops and then just look for compensation from Ford. Without writing 2 pages I ll just say review the dealer on the sites they advertise on (Edmunds, etc etc). They pay money to advertise and they hate the bad reviews there. Ford is useless in my experience so I d work the dealer more. Don t tell me nobody saw that before they sold it to you.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
OR, do a black roof wrap to include the posts.

Sponsored

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
- LOL at some of these replies.
- This is NOT a defective car. It appears that it does, however, have a paint defect.
- Even IF you would have spent 2 hours visually inspecting that car before you signed the purchase agreement, I'll bet you dollars to donuts you'd never seen that defect.
- I'll also bet you that your car has several other defects.
- Your car, from what you've said, is NOT defective.
- Stop the drama.
- That paint defect does not affect form, fit, or function of the car.
- It is a visual defect.
- Take the advice of the body shops and several others on here and leave it alone.
- OEM paint is always better than aftermarket.
- If it turns out to bubble or whatever in a couple years, the note will be in Oasis report.
- Now get back on the road and forget about it.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
It’s the easiest color to spray, it would drive me crazy. Every time I got into the car it’s all I’d see, if it were
me I would have them correct the issue and worry about the what ifs if they become reality.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I already had to fight Dodge last year because my Challenger had a problem with the drivetrain. Not sure if I want to get into that again, it's just sad and tiring.
Sounds like Ford is willing to make it right. If they want to spray the whole car I wouldn't care, as long as they fixed it.

It is a base GT it won't lose any value from a respray for a factory paint defect.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP

Very true, and the supply chain issues are still a real problem. The first-year S650 owners are in for a wild ride.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bring it back and have them give you a new GT. I looks as if the car had a previous repair based on your posted photos. I would not accept it and I would not accept a repaint on a new car. Or they can refund you the cost of a repaint.
Sponsored