Sponsored

Brakes for track days?

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I recently ran my 2016 mustang ecoboost at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) and messed up my stock brakes in the process. While driving around i now hear a noise that sounds like chirping, and when applying brakes i hear some screeching a scraping noises when I come to a stop. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for braided brake lines, brake pads, and brake fluid that would be suitable for track performance as well as daily driving. I was looking at the steeda braided brake lines on american muscle but was looking for a second opinion from anyone who has done mods of this sort before.
thanks
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Why are you focused on brake fluid and lines when you hear "chirping and scraping" noises? Is the pedal just as firm as before?

If it was me, I'd pivot my calipers off the rotors and check the pads for embedded debris.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Why are you focused on brake fluid and lines when you hear
Probably because he's asking more than just about the current chirping issue. He's also inquiring about good brake parts (with fluid being extremely important) about performance driving. Although that's probably a better question in the road course section.
Sponsored