Sponsored

Brake Vibration at Highway Speed

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hi All,

I have a problem with the car vibrate at 60+ mph with thumping noise. I can feel the vibration through my pedal but not the steering wheel. Front driver side makes a noise like the wheel is out of balance.

I swap from stock eco to stock used GT brakes+rotors a few weeks ago along with airlift system. I never took it to the highway until this weekend. I never had this problem before.

My gf car had a similar problem on her CX7 but the vibration also at the steering wheel. I swapped out her rotors and pad. The vibration went away completely.

I wonder if mine the same or different.
Sponsored

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Hi All,

I have a problem with the car vibrate at 60+ mph with thumping noise. I can feel the vibration through my pedal but not the steering wheel. Front driver side makes a noise like the wheel is out of balance.

I swap from stock eco to stock used GT brakes+rotors a few weeks ago along with airlift system. I never took it to the highway until this weekend. I never had this problem before.

My gf car had a similar problem on her CX7 but the vibration also at the steering wheel. I swapped out her rotors and pad. The vibration went away completely.

I wonder if mine the same or different.
Have you checked the calipers bolts? Was this a used set of pads, calipers and rotors?

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
if its vibrating in the pedal when you apply the brakes its a warped rotor and should be also felt in the steering wheel

Sponsored

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I recorded some audios but there are so much back ground noise it is hard to hear. It doesnt sound as much but can be feel through the pedal.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Check your hub bearing. Not sure if all the background noise is just traffic, but I believe that whirring sound could be a bad bearing. Grab the wheel at 6 and 12 oclock positions and see if it moves in and out.

OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Check your hub bearing. Not sure if all the background noise is just traffic, but I believe that whirring sound could be a bad bearing. Grab the wheel at 6 and 12 oclock positions and see if it moves in and out.
Ill ask the shop to check out what it is. I am dropping it off for them to fix my airlift. If it is brake related then, Ill just replace it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
JungleG1337

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Front or rear, driver or passenger side? How many miles?
The driver side front was shot. About 27K miles on it.

I also found out both front tires were cracks on the inside. BFGoodrich has offered me to take it to their authorized dealer for inspection and replacement.

The front driver side was still making the "womp womp" noise as the wheel turn. I switched the 2 front to the back. The noise followed the wheels, I suspect it could be the tires. However, I can still hear the noise from the driver side but very faintly. I could be paranoid.

Ill keep everyone updated once I get the car back from the shop. I'll ask them to rebalance all the wheels.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody replace a wheel hub themselves? How hard is it? One of my rears is shot.