Sponsored

Brake Pad Options - non PP GT owner who tracks his car

Roger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello,

New member and first time post. I purchased my non-PP mustang GT in September last year and did not think I would be tracking the car.

Fast forward to this spring and I just finished my second weekend at the track. The car has plenty of power on the track and is an absolute blast. I can tell that I need more grip under the car and towards the end of my lapping sessions I can feel a loss of braking.

I am going to be investing in better wheels, tires, brake fluid and I am doing lots of research on suspension and chassis solutions.

The one area I've had no luck is BRAKE PADS! I feel like I am missing something, I cannot find any semi-metallic performance street or racing pads for both the front and rears.

Appreciate any insight, links, thoughts anyone has!
Sponsored

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am still on my stock brake pads but may need to replace them after my next event. Has anyone found a brake pad for the non-PP GT's that they like?

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Only option for a performance pad i have found are powerstop z23 carbon ceramic. Dont know if they are what you would work on a track for you as they are labeled an extreme street pad but worth a look.

I plan on trying them out after my factory pads wear out. Also noticed recently leathal performance has 2 piece baer rotors that are said to be a direct fit for the front with our 4 piston calipers.

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Only option for a performance pad i have found are powerstop z23 carbon ceramic. Dont know if they are what you would work on a track for you as they are labeled an extreme street pad but worth a look.

I plan on trying them out after my factory pads wear out. Also noticed recently leathal performance has 2 piece baer rotors that are said to be a direct fit for the front with our 4 piston calipers.
Thanks for the reply! I try too keep my track setup low maintenance enough that I can still drive it around town. That brake pad might work pretty well.

Sponsored

Double_D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Forgot. You can also look at carbotech brakes. Pretty sure they make pads for the base front rotors as well

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Non GT Performance Pack Front and Rear Pads

We have all the G-LOC Compounds up on our website for the EcoBoost Performance Pack - NON-PP GT Front HERE as well as the Rear Pads HERE.

Please contact us for recommendations if you are not sure about what compound to run!

Just want to thank the M6G Community again for all the support we have been receiving. More on the way!
1463349283.Logo.jpg

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not sure if EBC makes pads for our cars, but have had them on another car and they were a very nice improvement.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Please contact us for recommendations if you are not sure about what compound to run!
Are the GS-1 any better than stock ones ?

I run autocross and some more bite would not be bad, but don't want something that would be noisy in daily driving...

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Are the GS-1 any better than stock ones ?

I run autocross and some more bite would not be bad, but don't want something that would be noisy in daily driving...
Yes, big improvement, you can daily the GS-1 and have more bite over stock for Auto-X. Low noise and dust. If you find yourself desiring more bite you can swap to the next compound for Auto-X on the same rotors.

Of course you want to run either of these compounds both front and rear so you maintain friction Balance. It will not work as well if you just swap fronts if the rear has factory bite.

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We have all the G-LOC Compounds up on our website for the EcoBoost Performance Pack - NON-PP GT Front HERE as well as the Rear Pads HERE.

Just want to thank the M6G Community again for all the support we have been receiving. More on the way!
Sunday at Waterford Hills marked the end of my stock brake pads. I have some R10/R8 front and rears on order. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!
Sponsored