Sponsored

Brake noise when slowly stopping 2015 GT PP

Zirken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Competition Orange
I was just wondering if anyone else is having this happen? I have about 5000 miles on my car but its been doing this since ~4000. It happens every time I slowly go to a stop once the brakes are warm and keeps getting worse. You can also feel it in the pedals when it happens.

It is not a squeal and more of a droning sound like the pad or rotor is vibrating.

I had the car at the dealership for two weeks but they said they couldn't get it to replicate.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ZR0wNRZtzyw[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
Have the exact same thing with my stock PP pads and rotors. What did you find out?

OP
OP

Zirken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Competition Orange
Have the exact same thing with my stock PP pads and rotors. What did you find out?
No I haven't found out anything more. I took the pads off and re greased everything which didn't fix the problem. It seems to be doing it less now with 9000 miles but I still plan on just changing the pads and rotors.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Mine does this sometimes too. The brakes in general are very vocal, but they are performance brakes, so it's not entirely unexpected. If you really get on the brakes, they are perfectly quiet.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
That is exactly the issue i had along with squealing in the back. Brought it in and they said they cleared it all up by cleaning out the brake dust and deglazing the pads. LIES. I heard both noises by the time i got out of their parking lot (but they closed the door behind me). I know they took it for a 4 mile ride too and to test it gauging by the milage. The left hand accelerometer was also higher than when i left it but wasnt too high. They alao kept asking where i bought the car, sorry it should not matter, im not going 2 hours back out east for a brake fix.

I too have a cell phone recording where it is louder than the blinker and at times it is louder than my music. You can feel it in the pedal and can feel the phone vibrate in the recording. My normal drive is a 9 mile straight highway shoot with no traffic to brake to and it usually starts after i get off th le ramp. Besides its first drive home i havent drove it further than that in one shot. This started happening to me at about 500 miles.

Sponsored

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
My rears have been doing that off and on for about 5k miles, plenty of pad left but they squeal occasionally.

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
Yeah I have done the same thing, will work for a few days then the squeal returns. I guess I'm just going to turn the rotors and replace the pads, I'm sure that will take care of it.

Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
That is normal brake noise from 6 Piston Brembo brakes with 15" rotors and high performance track pads.

Brake noise is the price you pay to have a high performance, track ready brake system.

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
I had a similar noise, more squeal with less drone than your case.
The first track session over the Memorial Day holiday weekend cured it and it has not returned. If it does return at some point, I'll prescribe another track session. Performance parts are generally happiest working within their designed performance envelope. These brakes need to be worked at least occasionally and not pampered 100% of the time.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
That is normal brake noise from 6 Piston Brembo brakes with 15" rotors and high performance track pads.

Brake noise is the price you pay to have a high performance, track ready brake system.
"Track? Track? Who said anything about going to the track? Not me? No, no, never! The rubber scuff marks? Must be from the newly laid black-top on my street..."

:cheers:

My brakes squeal under soft braking. The pad sensor shim fell off one side when I changed to track pads recently. so I figured that that was the source.
Sponsored