Sponsored

Brake Light Switch (near pedal) Failure

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They look identical, so probably the same crappy material. I changed mine right away, so I never (or future owners) have to worry about that :).
Sponsored

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
What's up guys. First all I just wanted to say thank you for posting this information up. I was staring down the barrel of a potentially costly repair and avoided it thanks to the info here. I have, however, figured out a cheaper and easier solution than the zip-tie and stop-pad replacement. The zip-tie method was great but it pushed the plunger in too far and force me to apply the brakes harder than necessary to activate the brake light. Replacing the stop-pad would be the way to get it back to OEM standards but the parts have to be ordered and its a b^%&# to install. So what I did was go to home depot and buy a pack of Neodymium Disc Magnets (.472 in. diameter x .118 in. thick) and placed it on the contact side of the bracket that the original stop-pad was mounted to. Literally installs in a few seconds and brings the brake light activation back to oem standards. Hope this helps for anyone in the future.
IMG_8006.JPG
THIS! Problem solved. You have to be a contortionist to get in there with both hands but I just did this now and my problem is solved. THANK YOU!

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I have like 7 furniture pads on my floor board now. Decided to use the magnet trick, should have better results. I imagine Ford buys the brake pedal assy from a tier N supplier and in fact do not carry stock of just that pad..

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does anyone know if this concern and design flaw was rectified with the later S550’s?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Edge2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Edge
Thank you for the magnet suggestion, went to Home Depot this morning and bought it. It worked! I have a 2015 Ford Edge and this took me about 5 minutes to do. I compared the height of the magnet to the original Brake Pedal Stop Grommet and they are almost exact. Thank You!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the magnet suggestion, went to Home Depot this morning and bought it. It worked! I have a 2015 Ford Edge and this took me about 5 minutes to do. Thank You!
Be sure to report the issue to NHTSA...

SmileForTheRearView

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This group and specifically this thread just saved me (based on other users comments) 500 - 900 dollars. Magnets worked like a charm! I’m sure some more people will experience this with their 2015 models but for reference my car only had 51K miles when this happened yesterday.

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used the magnets to fix the issue, and posted about it on here I believe. I still stand by that fix but I have a small update.
Recently I replaced my pedal assembly. That install was a true pain. However, after installing the new assembly, the brake light sensor was not working. I tried recalibrating the distance of the sensor but it didn't work. The plunger was damaged. So, the only issue I ever had using this magnet repair was when replacing the pedal assembly, I had to replace the sensor which was no big deal. Cheap part, and it's easy to do. I think the plunger gets pushed in further than it's really supposed to or that there more pressure forced on it with the size of the magnet than with the OEM bumper piece. If I did it over again, I'd still use the magnets.

Jeg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Happened to my 15 s550 GT (both the clutch and brake) this weekend on a cruise out in the middle of no where, great friend trailered it home, and not able to initially diagnosis - many thanks to this thread as it saved me a ton of money and time. Utilized the solid rubber replacements suggested in earlier post without issue. Thanks

1C76FF5E-85D3-47D4-BBF4-DC698B7D70FF.jpeg

DF7D9A95-E45F-44C2-BC2C-FCF64A3C842C.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Happened to my 15 s550 GT (both the clutch and brake) this weekend on a cruise out in the middle of no where, great friend trailered it home, and not able to initially diagnosis - many thanks to this thread as it saved me a ton of money and time. Utilized the solid rubber replacements suggested in earlier post without issue. Thanks

1C76FF5E-85D3-47D4-BBF4-DC698B7D70FF.jpeg

DF7D9A95-E45F-44C2-BC2C-FCF64A3C842C.jpeg
The clutch pedal has the same Mickey Mouse pad? What happens when the one on the clutch pedal falls out?

I have two of the Toyota P/N 90541-06036 brake pedal pads ready to go in. I'm going to do it before I have to do it.

1629313270189.jpeg

Jeg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Nothing happens to anything when clutch pad falls out it is just missing and switch plunger just hits metal instead of plastic/ rubber.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
cruise control wont work if the clutch one breaks.
Sponsored