Brake Fluid for road course-2014 GT

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
Headed back to the road course in the 350R soon. Gonna bring my Dad with me to track in June. He has a mildly modified 2014 GT (exhaust, intake, tune, lowered, wider rims & tires with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s). The Michelin Pilot Sport 4s should be fine for his car's capabilities. This track (Nelson Ledges in Ohio) is not hard on the brake pads, so I am not too concerned about that. However, I do not know about the brake fluid. Can someone advise me on the OEM brake fluid specs in a 2014 GT and if this fluid would be suitable for tack conditions and any concerns with "boiling"? If not suitable, what brake fluid should be utilized in his 2014 GT?

His 2014 GT has been strictly for the road and this will be his first track experience.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For his level of experience, modifications and track IMO you don't need more than the OEM fluid. Just make sure it's fresh and bleeded properly.

I've done many track days on my stock fluid (flushed at appropriate intervals) and it never gave me any issues. I'm not the fastest driver, so it worked well for me. Someone more experienced on harder tracks would probably overwhelm the stock fluid quickly, but it doesn't sound like your dad and his setup is at that level yet.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
For his level of experience, modifications and track IMO you don't need more than the OEM fluid. Just make sure it's fresh and bleeded properly.

I've done many track days on my stock fluid (flushed at appropriate intervals) and it never gave me any issues. I'm not the fastest driver, so it worked well for me. Someone more experienced on harder tracks would probably overwhelm the stock fluid quickly, but it doesn't sound like your dad and his setup is at that level yet.
That's what I was thinking as well. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored