Bowling Green ecoboost battle

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Congrats to all who participated and thanks for advancing our platform!

Congrats to UPR, I certainly don't mean to diminish the success but I really don't care about bracket wins. I really wanted to see the ETs. TBH I was hoping to see more 11s.
Sponsored

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Jason and Brad were in the 11's and UPR has been in 11's in Bradenton; Beefcakes car was close at a 12.0

Give everyone another year and I think 11's will be the norm, this platform is only a year old.

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Thanks for the updates, everyone. It sounds like there was some great racing out there! Congratz to UPR for taking home the win! I wish I could've made it but the West coast is very far away. Is there a summary of results posted anywhere?

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
This might help clear up the confusion on the ladders this link shows the ladders for 8 and 9 cars.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulation/file/ladder_ET_Sport.pdf

If we had 8 cars 1 & 2 would have been on opposite sides but since we had 9 they were on the same side leaving number 3 (me) on the opposite side.

As for the ET's we were really hoping to run in the cooler weather to run deeper in the 11's but just got the car teched on Friday as the rain rolled in. Throughout qualifying and eliminations I wasn't able to launch on more than 10psi so our 60's were off by nearly a tenth. Being a heads up race sitting on the line building boost to get a good time slip wasn't going to win the race.

For a first time shootout I thought it was a great turnout and if they have another one at Bradenton next year their should be a bigger turnout and a lot more 11 second passes...probably a 10 as well.

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
Thanks for the updates, everyone. It sounds like there was some great racing out there! Congratz to UPR for taking home the win! I wish I could've made it but the West coast is very far away. Is there a summary of results posted anywhere?

Sponsored

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
VMP Makes trapping 116 look easy with a full weight chassis -- and exhaust :)
[MENTION=6798]VNMOUS1[/MENTION] Is gonna get the car back out to a track very soon!

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
[MENTION=10189]Justin@VMP[/MENTION]

Things are getting pretty serious!

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Livernois was there with their car but it was a trailer queen, have to see the irony in a EBM having "tuning" issues...when Livernois tunes cars...lol.....so you sponsor a class, have you car there, are a tuner but don't run your car due to tuning issues...yeah....
Nobody said that we had tuning issues. We spoke face to face, and that is not what we told you.

We made our own turbo upgrade that was still being tweaked on MONDAY. We got it installed the same morning. She hit the dyno immediately. We made a bunch of pulls, and she spit out an intake hose. So we sourced better clamps, and installed them. She was on the dyno Tuesday until around noon. We got her out onto the street for some validation and tweaking. Wednesday we tried to get out to the track, but there was another large company that had it rented out for their testing. We were able to get a pass in, but that was it before Murphy's law cancelled that because someone threw up all over the big end of the track. We had to leave on Thursday morning to make it to BG on time. We brought 2 trucks with trailers, 2 cars, tables and display materials.

So, we did not run our car because we did not have time to test and tune. That is why the car did not run.`

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
in short - sh*t happens
the event was good for the EB crowd regardless

there's always next year folks.....

Justin@VMP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VMP Supercharged
Nobody said that we had tuning issues. We spoke face to face, and that is not what we told you.

We made our own turbo upgrade that was still being tweaked on MONDAY. We got it installed the same morning. She hit the dyno immediately. We made a bunch of pulls, and she spit out an intake hose. So we sourced better clamps, and installed them. She was on the dyno Tuesday until around noon. We got her out onto the street for some validation and tweaking. Wednesday we tried to get out to the track, but there was another large company that had it rented out for their testing. We were able to get a pass in, but that was it before Murphy's law cancelled that because someone threw up all over the big end of the track. We had to leave on Thursday morning to make it to BG on time. We brought 2 trucks with trailers, 2 cars, tables and display materials.

So, we did not run our car because we did not have time to test and tune. That is why the car did not run.`
By the time you rolled into BG they were shutting it down for rain...and they could not get the track dry until Sunday around noon...the weekend was a big wash, we are lucky to get the racing in that we did, I feel your pain.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
...So, we did not run our car because we did not have time to test and tune. That is why the car did not run.`
Glad that you guys defended your position. Having sponsored the event I would rather see some appreciation thrown your way instead of unnecessary BS.
Sponsored