Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Now for the the issues..

1. I have negative camber now on my front tires which i didn't have before with my stock struts.. I'm not sure if this is normal after the strut installation. I heard that the Camber plates will fix this but I dont want to go through installing them. Removing that strut and spring is a pain in the ass and takes to much time.

Is it safe to drive the car with negative camber? What do you guys recommend that will fix this?

2. Do I need an alignment? Im sure this is a Yes answer but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Yes, you need an alignment. I guarantee you had negative camber prior to your new install—this is a normal, safe thing, in which you want to retain. Perhaps you mean you have toe-out after install?
Sponsored

OP
OP
speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Just wanted to update on my car. I went to finally get an alignment and i indeed have negative on the rear and positive toe in the fronts. The toe was so bad it wore out the inside of my front two tires. They did get it aligned correctly and adjusted my yellows to about halfway. Now the car drives alot better and smoother but I still notice some jolts here and there when going over some bumps even though the bounce has reduced significantly.

Im starting to think it could be my Pilot Sport S tires since they are close to 2 years old with 22k miles on them. My PSI air levels are are around 33-34 on all 4 corners.

Let me know if anyone else has any suggestions about the jolting.

Thanks.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to update on my car. I went to finally get an alignment and i indeed have negative on the rear and positive toe in the fronts. The toe was so bad it wore out the inside of my front two tires. They did get it aligned correctly and adjusted my yellows to about halfway. Now the car drives alot better and smoother but I still notice some jolts here and there when going over some bumps even though the bounce has reduced significantly.

Im starting to think it could be my Pilot Sport S tires since they are close to 2 years old with 22k miles on them. My PSI air levels are are around 33-34 on all 4 corners.

Let me know if anyone else has any suggestions about the jolting.

Thanks.
What size wheels and tires are you running? The sportlines are stiff — mate these with low profile UHP tires and you’re in for pain.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
OP have your expectations changed? IIRC it seems you expected and were ok with a bumpy ride post springs but didn't like the bounce, then addressed the bounce and were still ok with the bumpiness, and now want to get rid of the bumpiness/jolts and suspect the tyres.

If the bumpiness wasn't there before the springs went in it's not the tyres (assuming same tyres) but even so IMHO tyres just don't make that much of a difference to bumpiness unless you're running them at 40 psi or on 22" rims. As others have said the bounce was insufficient damping which you now appear to have under control. The bumpiness is just a side effect of the 'sport' in Sportline, as with all sport oriented springs they sacrifice ride for spring rate.

OP
OP
speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
OP have your expectations changed? IIRC it seems you expected and were ok with a bumpy ride post springs but didn't like the bounce, then addressed the bounce and were still ok with the bumpiness, and now want to get rid of the bumpiness/jolts and suspect the tyres.

If the bumpiness wasn't there before the springs went in it's not the tyres (assuming same tyres) but even so IMHO tyres just don't make that much of a difference to bumpiness unless you're running them at 40 psi or on 22" rims. As others have said the bounce was insufficient damping which you now appear to have under control. The bumpiness is just a side effect of the 'sport' in Sportline, as with all sport oriented springs they sacrifice ride for spring rate.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I didn't mind the bumpy ride but I wanted to see if there was a remedy or another modification for my suspension that would get rid of that side effect. It's not really a big deal if it's a permanent thing besides I don't think I can go back to stock springs because the car looks awesome and handles great.
Sponsored