OP
OP
Wyzz Kydd

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I set the speed limit at 75 and tried it out this morning after dropping him at school. It gives me a warning at about 65, and won't let the car go over 75. Pretty cool.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’d do 80mph
It would be annoying to always see a message when you aren’t speeding at 65-70mph.

here the highway is65mph so me cruising 65-70 would cause more distraction with a message showing up imo

a little passing power isn’t a bad thing or possibly to get away from someone

OP
OP
Wyzz Kydd

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d do 80mph
It would be annoying to always see a message when you aren’t speeding at 65-70mph.

here the highway is65mph so me cruising 65-70 would cause more distraction with a message showing up imo
Yeah, I thought about that. I may up it to 80 mph

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Congratulations to your son. He will enjoy that car. I installed a Big Worm graphics kit on my gt. Fairly easy install and looks great. They have kits in all colors in narrow or wide.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wyzz Kydd

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations to your son. He will enjoy that car. I installed a Big Worm graphics kit on my gt. Fairly easy install and looks great. They have kits in all colors in narrow or wide.
If that's the graphics in your avatar I like it!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If I had to do it all over again I'd go for welding roll bars on my kids cars
wrong solution. Replace air-bag with 4" metal spike.

my 20yr old nephew was talking with passengers (turned around in seat?) while driving, ran a red light and t-boned a guy.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d do 80mph
I have my Camaro set to chime at 72 and pop up a dialog box - speed limit around here is 55/60 and only out in boonies is 65.
I personally would set the limit to 50-55. Taking secondary roads is better practice in hazard recognition and predictive avoidance. I don't use the term 'accident' unless it was caused by parts falling off the car. I use the term 'crash' because it is.

Driving is a constant and unending stream of Scan, Identify, Predict and when necessary Act. (MSF students should recognize SIP-D, which I changed above to SIP-A)

a little passing power isn’t a bad thing or possibly to get away from someone
your brakes are massively more powerful and effective at creating separation. If you have someone tailgating just pull over/turn and let them go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wyzz Kydd

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my Camaro set to chime at 72 and pop up a dialog box - speed limit around here is 55/60 and only out in boonies is 65.
I personally would set the limit to 50-55. Taking secondary roads is better practice in hazard recognition and predictive avoidance. I don't use the term 'accident' unless it was caused by parts falling off the car. I use the term 'crash' because it is.

Driving is a constant and unending stream of Scan, Identify, Predict and when necessary Act. (MSF students should recognize SIP-D, which I changed above to SIP-A)

your brakes are massively more powerful and effective at creating separation. If you have someone tailgating just pull over/turn and let them go.
Georgia is a bit weird when it comes to speed limits, particularly in the Metro Atlanta area. If he were limited to 50-55, he would have real problems on the Interstates, and trying to get around on secondary roads isn't feasible in a lot of areas. Most traffic on the Interstates around here is running at 70 and up. Police can't even write tickets unless you're at least 10 mph over the limit, other than State Troopers, who can write for any speed over.

For now I'm leaving it at 75 and see how that works. It doesn't really matter until July, cause that's when he gets his full DL. Until then either my wife or I will be in the car with him.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I was a great kid around my parents. Drove perfectly too till I was finally alone. Put that $600 mechanic special through hell! If I had a mustang, I would probably be dead. Obviously my dad knew better lol. Great looking car and I hope it treats you both very well.

Juju5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Don’t want to sound like a hater , but i feel like this is a bad idea. Did you buy it as in co signing or did you actually BUY it for him? Working for your car and i dont mean just getting good grades actually working is such a valuable lesson. You dont want to raise a spoiled child.

OP
OP
Wyzz Kydd

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I bought it. He can't very well co-sign for it, he's only 15. The car is in my name. I will put it in his name when he graduates high school, with the grades I specify.

Here in Georgia, we have Zell and Hope college scholarships. Graduate HS with a 3.7 or higher core GPA and you can go to any public Georgia college pretty much free, and it remains that way as long as you maintain the GPA. Right now he has a 4.11 and is aiming for Georgia Tech.

That car will end up costing me a lot less than paying for him to go to college would have.