Bought abused GT?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I don’t trust that Average Joe is a better engineer than the entire Ford engineering department. Plus, anytime you take a powertrain past the safety limits that the engineers put in place you are reducing its longevity.
I concur. I always shake my head at these guys who think they know better.

And sure, Ford engineers make mistakes, they do cost-cutting, they sacrifice (for example) performance for longevity. Everything is a compromise.
Unfortunately I'm young and made a bad call. I've already learned from this
Hey, most of us (older folks) have been there, done that. If I had a nickel for every mistake, bad call, rush to judgement, assumption and stupid move that I've made in my life, well, I'd be rich.

Best of luck.
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
My car came with unpainted areas on the front bumper (as well as a hole in the trunk). Could be like that from the factory.
and you went in for a free warranty fix correct? You have to me a kind of dumb to not fix paint work. Actually taking my mustang in this Thursday for a paint defect from factory.

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I would get a Ford dealer to run a scan
and see if the car was tuned. Would be
surprised if it wasn’t.

Worthwhile to know if you inadvertently
bought a car without a powertrain warranty.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
and you went in for a free warranty fix correct? You have to me a kind of dumb to not fix paint work. Actually taking my mustang in this Thursday for a paint defect from factory.
I had a small run (1/2" or so) at the bottom of my door that the dealer offered to fix. I passed on having his body shop guys try to cleanup and match an area when the only time you could see it is if you were standing with your head below the level of the door handle.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I did get it fixed under warranty, but that was within a couple of weeks of the car being delivered. With a three year old car, I could see Ford trying to deny any coverage for something like that at this point.

I dont know if you have to be dumb. I saw the hole in the trunk right away but not the issues with the front bumper paint. Luckily I did notice it right before I was going to get ppf. Some people might not ever notice it, or care.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I did get it fixed under warranty, but that was within a couple of weeks of the car being delivered. With a three year old car, I could see Ford trying to deny any coverage for something like that at this point.

I dont know if you have to be dumb. I saw the hole in the trunk right away but not the issues with the front bumper paint. Luckily I did notice it right before I was going to get ppf. Some people might not ever notice it, or care.
Ford covers paint under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. So yes if you are out of warranty you are not getting anything fixed. If you have a obvious defect it needs to get corrected. Keyword obvious

Partock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Chalk it up to a learning experience. I may be a glutton for punishment, but I bought a 2016 GT Premium Convertible in 2019 and it had some issues. (Running rough and shifting hard) I rather enjoyed working through everything and trying different fixes. Learned a lot about my car that way and have a much better understanding of how this coyote runs, and a greater confidence on keeping it running great.

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
No automaker makes perfectly designed parts/cars. You act like engineers can sit back with unlimited budgets and R&D to produce the best designs. Then sell them to customers at affordable prices.

I am not going to sit here and say the aftermarket can`t product better products for our cars. But when my car has a failure they certainly are not forking the money for the repair. That`s why the Ford design and backed parts are the best.
Before Ford backs thier product they deny and put the onis on the customer. That's the problem, not owning up to the shortfalls of meeting budgets and sales objectives. My personal experience that is.......

Last edited:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Before Ford backs thier product they deny and put the onis on the customer. That's the problem, not owning up to the shortfalls of meeting budjets and sales objectives. My personal experience that is.......
what`s the alternative?

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
what`s the alternative?
Unfortunately there is no alternative that I know, switching manufactures won't resolve it.. Just the way it is, exchanging dissatisfied customers from one brand to another. It's a wash in the end.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Unfortunately there is no alternative that I know, switching manufactures won't resolve it.. Just the way it is, exchanging dissatisfied customers from one brand to another. It's a wash in the end.
Right, but its our best option because aftermarket doesn't have our backs at all.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Someone mentioned it in an earlier thread, but sounds like your car is under warranty and was purchased from Ford. If they’re not fixing things to your satisfaction or if the car is different than they represented to you when they sold it, you may be able to back out of this transaction.

Some states protect you by law, and allow a “cooling off,” or back out period. Others allow a cancellation of the sales contract if the car is misrepresented. (Check engine light driving out of dealership would qualify.)

With that said, if you like the car and it was a fair deal, point out all the stuff that’s wrong to the service department and demand they fix it under warranty.

May also not be the worst idea to look at the Ford ESP offered by Flood Ford, or Grainger. They sell them on-line at wholesale, and may give you little extra piece of mind, and cover you if further issue pop up outside warranty period.
Sponsored