Sponsored

Bottoming out, help! - WTB stock springs

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Hi all,

it’s a very sad day for me but I need some help. Have just purchased a new home and the driveway is unfortunately quite steep down and curves at the bottom where there is a drain before going into the driveway. Unfortunately it is near on impossible for me to get into the garage with my mustang on it’s lowered eibach sportline springs. I can’t seem to find any ramp solution to fix the problem. Found one ramp guy in Brisbane but he came out and was too worried he couldn’t solve it so rejected the job. And redoing the driveway is going to cost thousands. Long story short I need to go back to stock springs and hope that will give me enough clearance. Unfortunately stock springs got given away when I lived in Darwin as I had no need for them

is anyone able to sell me their stock mustang GT 2016 springs please? I’m located in Brisbane and happy to drive reasonable distances to pickup. Otherwise would consider paying for the postage.

Cheers,

David
Sponsored

OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any advice at all? Or can point me in the right direction? I had no luck with mustang Motorsport, they don’t have any sitting around.

shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC Mustang
I have a nasty downward driveway as well. The crest at the top being the most problematic and at the bottom there is a drain and a small lip up into the garage but I can reverse straight back. I've tried to modify the driveway rather than the car. Have you tried both forward and reverse directions down the drive?
I find reversing in gives me more clearance. I've used a combination of speed humps and timber planks on my driveway to give me the clearance I need. With the Mustang I had to add another 40mm clearance to what I already had (50mm). If I had to sell the house I can easily remove this driveway mod without having to do any remedial works.

OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info Chris. Yep have tried both forward and reverse and reverse is even worse.. are you able to post a photo of what you’ve done at all to give me some ideas on how I could possible do it? Cheers

shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC Mustang
Basically some commercially available speed humps with a timber base (planks) "dynabolted" to the driveway. Gives me an extra 90mm clearance, You can purchase each section of the speed hump separately. The fall of the driveway is about 3 metres from top to bottom,
20200711_112820.jpg
20200711_112837.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah nice. Hm yeh not sure that will resolve my problem, given the bottoming out is due to the gully at the bottom where the drain is.
I’ve managed to find a guy in Adelaide selling some on eBay. Anyone know how much a set of oem springs weighs? He is going to send me the dimensions on Monday when he has them in his hands again and I’ll get some quotes to courier them.

OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some dummy quotes estimating them at 25kg which should be and should only cost around $50. Have bought the set in Adelaide for $120. Pretty happy with that. Will be sad to lose the stance I have now but hopefully this lets me get into my garage.

On a related note I’ll have a set of eibach sportlines for sale soon if anyone is interested. Honestly can’t recommend these enough. Just don’t buy if you have a steep driveway...

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Did some dummy quotes estimating them at 25kg which should be and should only cost around $50. Have bought the set in Adelaide for $120. Pretty happy with that. Will be sad to lose the stance I have now but hopefully this lets me get into my garage.

On a related note I’ll have a set of eibach sportlines for sale soon if anyone is interested. Honestly can’t recommend these enough. Just don’t buy if you have a steep driveway...
Have you tried some of the Bris. shops that work on Mustangs. Elite, East Coast Customs etc. for used oem springs.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
I have the OEM set up that was replaced when I had the Vogtland coilover kit installed. If you still need springs PM me and we can go from there (sorry only just saw this thread).

Cheers

Paul

OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried some of the Bris. shops that work on Mustangs. Elite, East Coast Customs etc. for used oem springs.
wasn’t aware there was places like that in Brisbane. All good $120 is a pretty cheap price from this guy in Adelaide.

Sponsored
OP
OP
davidhes

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the OEM set up that was replaced when I had the Vogtland coilover kit installed. If you still need springs PM me and we can go from there (sorry only just saw this thread).

Cheers

Paul
Thanks for the offer, should be ok now.